Sign in to follow this  
123love

What music are you listening to part 3

still have achtung baby playing in my car. i find my love is starting to appreciate the songs more and more now. who's gonna ride your wild horses, so cruel, mysterious ways and love is blindness are still his favourites. but he's also starting to like the fly and zoostation a bit more (where before he thougth they were just noise, lol!) 

so i'm gonna keep playing it till he likes them all happy.gif

If tomorrow never comes~Ronan Keating

There are so many songs about love but all so different and very much liked so who says you cant spread and make unique one theme , with enough information you can make a master piece..............

still have achtung baby playing in my car. i find my love is starting to appreciate the songs more and more now. who's gonna ride your wild horses, so cruel, mysterious ways and love is blindness are still his favourites. but he's also starting to like the fly and zoostation a bit more (where before he thougth they were just noise, lol!) 
so i'm gonna keep playing it till he likes them all happy.gif
Barbara, I keep trying this tactic, but so far no good, When I had Pop playing, he ( Hubby) did wonder who the band was !!!!!

Been listening to snow patrol today, was in the operating theatre and we try and keep the music to please everyone!! U2 is banned because I stop concentrating on my work and go off into a little dream world!!!!!!!ohwell.gifohwell.gifohwell.gifohwell.gif

[quote name='maggie18patchwork wrote:

barbara1']still have achtung baby playing in my car. i find my love is starting to appreciate the songs more and more now. who's gonna ride your wild horses, so cruel, mysterious ways and love is blindness are still his favourites. but he's also starting to like the fly and zoostation a bit more (where before he thougth they were just noise, lol!) 
so i'm gonna keep playing it till he likes them all 
happy.gif

Barbara, I keep trying this tactic, but so far no good, When I had Pop playing, he ( Hubby) did wonder who the band was !!!!!

Been listening to snow patrol today, was in the operating theatre and we try and keep the music to please everyone!! U2 is banned because I stop concentrating on my work and go off into a little dream world!!!!!!!ohwell.gifohwell.gifohwell.gifohwell.gif

Oh Maggie, I can just picture this!!  

Johnny Cash: The cover of Hurt he does

That's such a great song. Did you watch the BIO on Johnny Cash last week. They talked to one of his daughters and she retold how after they made the video. He really wanted her to see it and when she did. He asked her what she thought of it. She said it was sad, it was like he was saying good-bye. And he said, "I am..."

Arcady, "Trois Matelots du Port-de-Brest" (After the Ball).  Old Breton song done by an Irish trad/folk outfit (I think one of their guys is Breton).  My French is mauvaise, my Breton non-existent, but some rough translations of the song always bring up cannibalism.  So I'm guessing:  not a love song. 

Gavin Friday's new song Able. If you go to gavinfriday.com he has a free download.

Laid~James

I love James - they were the first proper gig I ever went to at the Ritz nightclub in Manchester in 1988!

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

wahine']Johnny Cash: The cover of Hurt he does

That's such a great song. Did you watch the BIO on Johnny Cash last week. They talked to one of his daughters and she retold how after they made the video. He really wanted her to see it and when she did. He asked her what she thought of it. She said it was sad, it was like he was saying good-bye. And he said, "I am..."

No I hadn't seen it! I will see if I can find it online. The emotions in that song are haunting and for sure he sounds like he is saying goodbye. How grand to be able to have remade that song at that time in his life.

No Line on the Horizon...no, no line...happy.gif

[quote name='maggie18patchwork wrote:

Anjana wrote:

maggie18patchwork']Elbow's new album

Hoping to get that soon Maggie is it good? 

I'm addicted to Elbow's Seldom Seen Kid at the moment.
It's great., very mellow, more so than Seldom, Takes a few listens, Been a fan for years, am going to see them at the O2 on the 29th march, Love Guy Garvey, remember at Wembley 1 when he lost his words and had to start again, so nervous in front of such a massive crowd.!!!!!

eek.gifeek.gif Wow you lucky ducky - enjoy! I was at Wembley1 too, they were brilliant (and the day I met Edge outside his hotel room...next door to mine heh heh - just thought I'd get that in again!!tongue.gifwink.gif)

16th of June nine 0 five door bell rings...banana_smiley_32.gif

*love*

Yay more James fans. The two latest EPs, Night Before and Morning after. Great, just great. I do wish Tim would not swear though. They even have a bootleg blog now. So many shows....not enough hardrive space.

I knew Tim wouldn't be able to permanently stay away from James. My 3rd favorite band (used to be 2nd).

"More than a drug is what I need, need a change of scenery. Need a new life"