Sign in to follow this  
123love

What music are you listening to part 3

I had to look it up lol, it's Never let me go, she has a lovely voice..

@123

You'll like "Heartlines" then. It's absolutley tribal sounding, kicks the heavens on headphones.

Hm speaking of Florence. Apparently one of the songs on one of her albums is a cover? I can't remember which one without re-listening. Anyway the song is in the film 'Layer Cake' which was released in 2005. Surely Florence didn't have a record deal with Universal in 2005?

I'm pretty sure it's off the 'Lungs' album.

Staring at the sun

Window in the skies

Yahweh glasses.gif

So I thought when I visit here everybody leaves, but I think im wrong about that now, good thing though

relief knowing my home is not invaded when I visit the site..

So it means your all watching me too, right!! tongue.gif

Okay I found the song off 'Lungs' that Florence + the Machine did a cover of

'You Got the Love' by Source (feat Candi Staton) 1986

kewl I'll have to listen to it someday if I get around to it, she has an amazing voice..

Im listening to the radio, always hoping U2 would request some music for me, preferably U2 music because it cheers me up and that I like to know that everything I've ever posted on here was appreciated, im human too lol

Im going now to have a shower before it gets too cold over here..And if Im right I was suscribed in the old zoo and have been here 4 yrs I think and I have only three subscrition gifts, so correct me if im wrong but I think Im supposed to get U22 or am I missing something

Im listening to the radio, always hoping U2 would request some music for me, preferably U2 music because it cheers me up and that I like to know that everything I've ever posted on here was appreciated, im human too lol

Im going now to have a shower before it gets too cold over here..And if Im right I was suscribed in the old zoo and have been here 4 yrs I think and I have only three subscrition gifts, so correct me if im wrong but I think Im supposed to get U22 or am I missing something

I STILL haven't found what I'm waiting for Either !!! I mean U22 !frown.gifeyes.gif

Oh Pain, I will pray it comes today for you. I am listening to The End of the World.

Oh Pain, I will pray it comes today for. I am listening to The End of the World.

Thanks a lot for your good thoughts, Vermontgasman !grin.gifsmokin.gifpimp.gif

Hank Williams III. Going to see him in Belfast next week-three hour show : ) !!!!

I've had M83's latest double album "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" playing repeatedly on my (U2 Special Edition) iPod since I picked up the discs in April. I've also been listening to their excellent "Saturdays = Youth" album from 2008 which is an album that I recall The Edge said he listened a lot to prior to the release of NLOTH.

There are echoes of "The Joshua Tree" in "Hurry Up..." both conceptually and literally: M83's frontman Anthony Gonzalez moved from his native France to Los Angeles and spent lot of time going on solo roadtrips to explore America. One of those trips was to Joshua Tree National Park where he wrote some of the tracks.

IMO, the album's opening track "Intro" sounds like "Where The Streets Have No Name 2012". Other standout tracks are "Midnight City" (broodingly funky synth metal), "Reunion" (perfect song to set an 80's-themed action scene to) and "Steve McQueen" (what joy must sound like when it's strapped to a rocket ship aimed for heaven).

Here are the (thematically linked) videos for

and
respectively.

Note the shout out to the late great Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys at the 0:43 mark during the video for "Reunion".

Music sounds kewl, I was listening to Florence and the Machine, Never let me go.. But now im going to sleep im tired and the kids are sleeping now so I can sleep

M83's "We Own the Sky" = GREAT

Was listening to Massive Attack's "Girl I Love You" off the Heligoland album at lunch, Saint Etienne's "Like A Motorway" and Royksopp's "Sombre Detune".

Will post the full tracklist when I get home. Made a sample CD for a fellow James fan on the daisy Chain FB page. Music exchange just like the good old days of tape trees.

Diana Ross: Do you know where you are going to