Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Why GIBBO was suspended,...

So wait, mummy was banned to?

It seems he was. I sure will miss him around here.

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Panth']So wait, mummy was banned to?

he was.... and yes, me too, jennyfrown.gif

Even after that whole thing with that one psycho(security in anominity aka lighthearted aka whatever else)? Was she banned to at least?

[quote name='Panth wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

Even after that whole thing with that one psycho(security in anominity aka lighthearted aka whatever else)? Was she banned to at least?

I think so. Her profile seems to be gone just like Mummy's.

Panth wrote:

jbarnych']It seems he was. I sure will miss him around here.

I think so. Her profile seems to be gone just like Mummy's.

Okay good.

so mummy was banned, not suspended for a while??  I think SIA needed a permanent ban, but mummy???  

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

MrsFish wrote:

Bajagirl']Erin

Mac's thread is in the new  HOTSEAT forum, inside PAID GENERAL, and I mispoke, I meant Micks

Less than 10 people that have been banned in the last 3 years (besides spammers). All others were suspended and are back or  chose not to return after their suspensions. Many claim they were banned when they were not.

I acknowledge your friendship with Gibbo, I think he is a swell guy, but posted inappropriately and he has to deal with the consequences. His new posting under aliases WILL get him banned and I don't want to do that, but I will if forced to buy his actions.

As for FB, yes I was making a point by leaving it there, I mean than it would be my word against him, needed proof. And I dont moderate there, and make a great effort to avoid posting dissenting opinions as people feel moderated.

As for a one person word against another, if you chose not to believe it that is your choice. But i have to show the other mods and admin the proof, so I don't do thing willy nilly.

Baja

Did he make that comment on your facebook though AFTER he had already been suspended?!

No, he did it before. But I saw it after. Only behavior on u2.com counts. So for example his posting my picture on his FB is petty and childish but there is nothing I can do about it.

How did he find you on Facebook?

You should hear drunken Hawaiians, usually followed by a visit from the police. Aloha.

Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

Is he the skinny one in that picture of yours then?

I don't know Gibbo at all and am only wading into this thread long enough to point out the irony that Willie says "apeshit" in his latest post and Bono is both giving the finger and repeatedly telling the Live Nation camera person (and all of us through it) to F off in the latest video.

The timing is sort of comical to me as we discuss the appropriateness of cussing on this site.

Yes I did see that video of Bono flipping off the camera and saying fuck and I too see the irony in it. Personally I'd like to volunteer in punishing our fearless lead singer for such indiscretion tongue.gif wink.gif

roll.gif

Wait. I'm confused. What did Mummy do?

Mummy was apparently the third or fourth reincarnation of a permanently banned zootop. That is my understanding of why he was banned.

Redhead11']Wait. I'm confused. What did Mummy do?

Mummy was apparently the third or fourth reincarnation of a permanently banned zootop. That is my understanding of why he was banned.

eek.gif

whoa.
 I guess you just can't trust people these days hahaha
but hey, he must love U2 or he wouldn't have made these many profiles

[quote name='hornswaggle wrote:

tracy c.']Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

LOL...that would be me.

[quote name='Bajagirl wrote:

MrsFish']I have a question. If the use of profanity is frowned upon and posts removed because of it, why isn't there a filter on the boards?!

We have tried that, and members will use other words, different spellings and such to get around the filter, plus it seems childish and only makes members post more.

Plus from what I remember the filter had a list of words it just automatically censored and didn't take context into account, so some words that have tame variations were getting censored which made the posts look worse than the statment's actual intent. Like if I had written, "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can prick my finger," it came out as "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can [CENSORED] my finger."  Whcih would really make people wonder about what kinda doctor I'm going tolaugh.gif

[quote name='North Bowman wrote:

hornswaggle wrote:

tracy c.']Gibbo is/was a National Treasure...I miss him so. U2.com did away with him forever more.

LOL...that would be me.Bowman's about twice Gibbo's height. laugh.gif

(the Gibbo jokes really don't work anymore when he's not here to call me a horse's arse for making 'em and threatening to head-butt me in the ghoulies)

[quote name='TCarlin5 wrote:

Bajagirl wrote:

MrsFish']I have a question. If the use of profanity is frowned upon and posts removed because of it, why isn't there a filter on the boards?!

We have tried that, and members will use other words, different spellings and such to get around the filter, plus it seems childish and only makes members post more.

Plus from what I remember the filter had a list of words it just automatically censored and didn't take context into account, so some words that have tame variations were getting censored which made the posts look worse than the statment's actual intent. Like if I had written, "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can prick my finger," it came out as "I need to go to the doctor's later so he can [CENSORED] my finger."  Whcih would really make people wonder about what kinda doctor I'm going tolaugh.gif

lol