Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bajagirl

Why GIBBO was suspended,...

Is it just me or is Bono doing his best Gwok impersonation at just after 1 minute in this new clip???

http://www.u2.com/news/title/were-late-lets-go

Coincidence? Maybe, but it's really gotta make you wonder!

My thoughts exactly Mick.....i had to laugh when i saw it. Its like a real piss take tongue.gif

I thought so too, but a little bit too much of a coincidence I think or maybe that's just melaugh.gif

I thought so too, but a little bit too much of a coincidence I think or maybe that's just melaugh.gif

he said she said, enuff said

Gibbo's a good bloke in my book anyways, always helped me in here.

What's up Jake miss you in the collectors club, I got some questions for you? I see you on FB but I don't have an account, and thru yahoo is a pain also I don't now anyone one there, altho the info is always good I just don't know them.

I don't know Gibbo at all and am only wading into this thread long enough to point out the irony that Willie says "apeshit" in his latest post and Bono is both giving the finger and repeatedly telling the Live Nation camera person (and all of us through it) to F off in the latest video.

The timing is sort of comical to me as we discuss the appropriateness of cussing on this site.

+1

The powers that be can't be THAT foolish!?  Stop cursing and yet post a video of Bono with a potty mouth?!

You couldn't make this shit up!!

Oh, and another thing. Can I type f*ck, or sh*t, or b*stard etc etc etc?

Just wonderin'

I use to be a paying member...I joined the zoo wow when I think about it, I think it was pretty much the first day it was ever started and it was free this was prior to 2000, or it may have been 2000, I think it was run by Adams brother or something? Anyhow, I've been around a long, long time and I have seen all kinds of stuff on here, I gave up my membership awhile back cuz really the only thing I have time or am interested in is what is going on and I feel like I got too old to go crazy buying tickets to shows, codes, etc. yeah everyone I was at the War tour and so I have watched everything grow and LOL, back in the old days, you had to get tickets to shows at record stores, there was no such thing as the internet....Baja, I think you do a fantastic job! Giving freely of your time to oversee the boards is very much appreciated! I had a couple of scary times on here with a freaky person and I was so thankful the help of the U2.com provided. I just wanna say Thank You Baja, and you do a great job and for anyone to be going off on you is just so uncool. I'm sorry you had to go through all this...

I don't know Gibbo at all and am only wading into this thread long enough to point out the irony that Willie says "apeshit" in his latest post and Bono is both giving the finger and repeatedly telling the Live Nation camera person (and all of us through it) to F off in the latest video.

The timing is sort of comical to me as we discuss the appropriateness of cussing on this site.

no 'like-button'?? damn.

Yes I did see that video of Bono flipping off the camera and saying fuck and I too see the irony in it. Personally I'd like to volunteer in punishing our fearless lead singer for such indiscretion tongue.gif wink.gif

roll.gif

ooooh!!!! can i help, please???

I use to be a paying member...I joined the zoo wow when I think about it, I think it was pretty much the first day it was ever started and it was free this was prior to 2000, or it may have been 2000, I think it was run by Adams brother or something? Anyhow, I've been around a long, long time and I have seen all kinds of stuff on here, I gave up my membership awhile back cuz really the only thing I have time or am interested in is what is going on and I feel like I got too old to go crazy buying tickets to shows, codes, etc. yeah everyone I was at the War tour and so I have watched everything grow and LOL, back in the old days, you had to get tickets to shows at record stores, there was no such thing as the internet....Baja, I think you do a fantastic job! Giving freely of your time to oversee the boards is very much appreciated! I had a couple of scary times on here with a freaky person and I was so thankful the help of the U2.com provided. I just wanna say Thank You Baja, and you do a great job and for anyone to be going off on you is just so uncool. I'm sorry you had to go through all this...
i could repeat some of those lines, and just replace 'baja' with 'mummy', wahine.
 maybe i'm not allowed to criticize the mods decisions, but i feel i have to say this. i like mummy, a lot. he was my friend (as 3 or 4 AKA's) he helped me with some difficulties with my laptop. he helped me figure out some posting-issues (he even created the 'help-request'thread to help out newbies). he brought us fun and laughter. he tickled our minds and fantasy with his fictional stories and humor. he is a very smart, intelligent man. i respect his opinions and his principles.
he says he never bullied, harassed or threatened anyone online or in real life. and i believe him. and altho he has a sharp sense of humor, i never so him overstep the line to rudeness. he treated everyone with respect, untill they started to insult or show disrespect to him.
i'm glad i still get to talk to him on FB. but i do think the zoo has lost one of its more colorful habitants there....
*snif-snif.... wipes away  tears....cry.gif

[quote name='MrsFish wrote:

scout6']I don't know Gibbo at all and am only wading into this thread long enough to point out the irony that Willie says "apeshit" in his latest post and Bono is both giving the finger and repeatedly telling the Live Nation camera person (and all of us through it) to F off in the latest video.

+1

The powers that be can't be THAT foolish!?  Stop cursing and yet post a video of Bono with a potty mouth?!

You couldn't make this shit up!!

Could be and have been.

Here's another bit of fun:

Bono- WGRYWH video clearly saying "F*CK!" when he fu... uh... MESSES up. Who made this and laid claim to this gif of this stunning moment? U2.com. 

bonowgrywhfuckwc7.gif

Yes, we are aware that Bono uses profanity... but it also have to be noticed that profanity is not the basis of his arguments - as of today, U2 albums doesn't carry any warning about explicit lyrics and not every interview he makes uses electronic bleeping.

I think that, in the end, he knows when and where to use them...

he said she said, enuff said

No, Jake...

The abridged version: Gibbo was asked to tone down his language (several times, as polite as possible). He refused to do it, so he was suspended.

It wasn't an arbitrary decision and it certainly wasn't personal. It was what it had to be.

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

wahine']I use to be a paying member...I joined the zoo wow when I think about it, I think it was pretty much the first day it was ever started and it was free this was prior to 2000, or it may have been 2000, I think it was run by Adams brother or something? Anyhow, I've been around a long, long time and I have seen all kinds of stuff on here, I gave up my membership awhile back cuz really the only thing I have time or am interested in is what is going on and I feel like I got too old to go crazy buying tickets to shows, codes, etc. yeah everyone I was at the War tour and so I have watched everything grow and LOL, back in the old days, you had to get tickets to shows at record stores, there was no such thing as the internet....Baja, I think you do a fantastic job! Giving freely of your time to oversee the boards is very much appreciated! I had a couple of scary times on here with a freaky person and I was so thankful the help of the U2.com provided. I just wanna say Thank You Baja, and you do a great job and for anyone to be going off on you is just so uncool. I'm sorry you had to go through all this...

i could repeat some of those lines, and just replace 'baja' with 'mummy', wahine.

maybe i'm not allowed to criticize the mods decisions, but i feel i have to say this. i like mummy, a lot. he was my friend (as 3 or 4 AKA's) he helped me with some difficulties with my laptop. he helped me figure out some posting-issues (he even created the 'help-request'thread to help out newbies). he brought us fun and laughter. he tickled our minds and fantasy with his fictional stories and humor. he is a very smart, intelligent man. i respect his opinions and his principles.
he says he never bullied, harassed or threatened anyone online or in real life. and i believe him. and altho he has a sharp sense of humor, i never so him overstep the line to rudeness. he treated everyone with respect, untill they started to insult or show disrespect to him.
i'm glad i still get to talk to him on FB. but i do think the zoo has lost one of its more colorful habitants there....
*snif-snif.... wipes away  tears....cry.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifditto...........

Yes, we are aware that Bono uses profanity... but it also have to be noticed that profanity is not the basis of his arguments - as of today, U2 albums doesn't carry any warning about explicit lyrics and not every interview he makes uses electronic bleeping.

Especially after that little run in with the FCC after dropping the f-bomb on the Golden Globes. tongue.gif

Ahem, mummy (or any of his aliases) was never a member(s) here during the Vertigo ZOO. The original user (webeida) was accused many times of being some user that he never was. He returned every time since then because of the accusations are false and have never ever been proven as it is impossible to prove when he was never here during Vertigo ZOO. Provide the proof and the user webeida will leave amicably. Otherwise he'll just keep coming back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back.

Background on Mummy:

He joined U2.com in 2001. And frequented it regularly until it became a paid site. He then returned in late 2008 and started posting. It was during a period when people were very cautious of any new members due to some strange tactics that took place by other members. Unfortunately, due to webeida's writing style, users felt he was one (or a number) of those other users. All accusations were vehemently denied. No accusations were ever proven. The mods would PM him regularly to try and "suss" him out. They never did could prove he was any other user. He was then banned without warning in August 2009. A post was created by bajagirl to state WHY he was banned but the message never contained any proof. This is something the mods readily declared: "proof is not required - this is not a court of law." Granted, it is not a court of law but a user should have the right to innocence unless proven guilty. He has always maintained innocence and has no reason not to as he was never here during the years 2004 - 2007. Those years are the "Vertigo Years" of which he is being accused of being a troublesome member.

I expect this post to be deleted but the proof of what the user "webeida" is like is in the "personality" of mummy - a user who is well liked and in no way troublesome. Controversial maybe, but not troublesome. All you have to do is read the posts of mummy to determine what sort of person he is. That's proof. All you have to do is read the posts of webeida to determine the sort of person he is. That also is proof. Saying he was a user from the vertigo ZOO is false, a blatant lie and cannot be proven at all.

Yours

MisterCrazyLooney

Internet gone wrong.....

Oh, and another thing. Can I type f*ck, or sh*t, or b*stard etc etc etc?

Just wonderin'

I believe you just did wink.gif

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

Max Tsukino']Yes, we are aware that Bono uses profanity... but it also have to be noticed that profanity is not the basis of his arguments - as of today, U2 albums doesn't carry any warning about explicit lyrics and not every interview he makes uses electronic bleeping.

Especially after that little run in with the FCC after dropping the f-bomb on the Golden Globes. tongue.gif

And the vow to "keep F#(king up the mainstream" on the Grammys in 1994.wink.gif

[quote name='TCarlin5 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Max Tsukino']Yes, we are aware that Bono uses profanity... but it also have to be noticed that profanity is not the basis of his arguments - as of today, U2 albums doesn't carry any warning about explicit lyrics and not every interview he makes uses electronic bleeping.

Especially after that little run in with the FCC after dropping the f-bomb on the Golden Globes.
tongue.gif

eek.gifeek.gif nooo! that was a decoy!!! the prince of realm would NEVER say something like that. EVER!!!eek.gifeek.gif

[quote name='TCarlin5 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Especially after that little run in with the FCC after dropping the f-bomb on the Golden Globes.
tongue.gif

HA! Right. Wasn't that because he was a little miffed they won the Grammy for best alternative album for Zooropa?

What the hell?! Gibbo's suspended? Mummy's gone, permanently? Why is Mummy gone/banned? Who else? Seems some of the most interesting and funny characters on here are now gone, and right after I resubbed damn it. Why was SIA banned? Didn't Mummy give an explanation here about how he was accused of being webieda(sp) and other untrue accusations and gave a link to a blog/website to prove his point? Agree with Barbara1 about Mummy, very smart and nice guy. I think if people are posting while possibly drunk, stoned or whatever and they get a little out of hand, a little cooling off period (like the next day) could be done.

Oh big whoop about swearing, grow a skin, what is this high school? Bono can swear and flip off the world and it's officially posted on here, but God forbid anyone gets a little out of hand on the boards. Unless someone is verbally viciously attacking someone else on a message board continuously, I never see a need for banning. How boring a world if there isn't some confrontation, arguements sometimes.

I hope Gibbo comes back, but since everyone seems to have gone to FB, what's the point?

agree very much with surrender. but mummy = weibeda. he even posted pics from his weibeda-period posing with other fans outside a concert. but he said as weibeda he never harrassed someone, or hacked or 'stalked'. but there was this other character in the old zoo, who did do all this and some thought that was him too. he strongly denied.

agree very much with surrender. but mummy = weibeda. he even posted pics from his weibeda-period posing with other fans outside a concert. but he said as weibeda he never harrassed someone, or hacked or 'stalked'. but there was this other character in the old zoo, who did do all this and some thought that was him too. he strongly denied.
That was it Barbara, thanks for clarifying it. I remember he went to great lengths to prove his 'innocence'.  Why was he banned?  This really pisses me off.

If the concern is people under 17 reading cuss words on here, I've got news for ya, most of those kiddies can swear better then most adults, and do.  If it's such a problem, create a forum for under 17 year olds, but the  majority of people here are adults and a 'G' rated site is no fun.  As far disrespecting mods, come on, we all deal with enough crap in the real world.  Bosses who treat you like crap, kids, spouses, the world in general pushes us around enough to 'conform' who the hell needs it from an artists website.  Someone cusses you out, big whoop, ignore it and move on.  The more you push, the more some people push back.  It's a freakin message board, if you don't like what's being said on a thread, stay away from it and read something else.

Where's the explanation of why Mummy and SIA and Basher are gone?

[quote name='ceallach67 wrote:

TCarlin5 wrote:

ceallach67']Especially after that little run in with the FCC after dropping the f-bomb on the Golden Globes.
tongue.gif

And the vow to "keep F#(king up the mainstream" on the Grammys in 1994.
wink.gif

HA! Right. Wasn't that because he was a little miffed they won the Grammy for best alternative album for Zooropa?

Don't remember; I do remember his "apology" in the press room after was hilariously insincere...

[quote name='surrenders wrote:

barbara1']agree very much with surrender. but mummy = weibeda. he even posted pics from his weibeda-period posing with other fans outside a concert. but he said as weibeda he never harrassed someone, or hacked or 'stalked'. but there was this other character in the old zoo, who did do all this and some thought that was him too. he strongly denied.

That was it Barbara, thanks for clarifying it. I remember he went to great lengths to prove his 'innocence'.  Why was he banned?  This really pisses me off.

If the concern is people under 17 reading cuss words on here, I've got news for ya, most of those kiddies can swear better then most adults, and do.  If it's such a problem, create a forum for under 17 year olds, but the  majority of people here are adults and a 'G' rated site is no fun.  As far disrespecting mods, come on, we all deal with enough crap in the real world.  Bosses who treat you like crap, kids, spouses, the world in general pushes us around enough to 'conform' who the hell needs it from an artists website.  Someone cusses you out, big whoop, ignore it and move on.  The more you push, the more some people push back.  It's a freakin message board, if you don't like what's being said on a thread, stay away from it and read something else.

Where's the explanation of why Mummy and SIA and Basher are gone?

Could care less about gibbo, he's on ignore as are two others. But why is Basher gone?