Sign in to follow this  
Zhivvy

More counting.........part 1000!!!!

64178 Hey it's only 6:20 am over here, Sue, but it's afternoon for you. So, good morning/afternoon and hope to see you today :)))) Hi Polly :))))

eyes.gif64179 Wish me luck today! I am having an "encounter" (confrontation???) with a parent. Never met her, but talked with her on the phone her daughter dropped while t.p.-ing our house. Don't know if they do that in England? Throw toilet paper all over? It's sort of a stupid prank that's become a tradition over here - usually friends do it to someone's house on their birthday or to someone who's on the same sports team - kind of a mark of honor . . . . . . . but, this was random and mean.mad.gif

They put something through our front door so we couldn't open it, they put little bits of confetti all over the lawn which took us over 3 hrs. to pick up, they stuck little plastic forks in the lawn which would hurt if you walked on it barefoot. We have 6 large trees in the front garden and paper is hanging from the tops of each of them - no way to get up there to get it down until wind helps bring it out. They put it all over the roof of our two-story house, so we had to climb out a window and walk out on the roof - it really slopes too, was afraid we'd fall. Hopefully we didn't cause any roof tiles to slip because that could mean leaks later on.frown.gif

mad.gif64180 Apparently we don't know any of the girls involved. It was a slumber party way across town. No connection as they don't go to our kids' school, no mutual sports teams, NOTHING! They apparently just picked us randomly and some adult or older friend with a license had to drive the kids back and forth as they are only 13, clearly under age to drive . . . strange!

In speaking with the mom who's kid dropped her phone, I could tell she knew nothing of it - she only dropped her daughter off at a sleep over party and the kid came home reporting her lost phone. Mom is coming by our house to pick up her daughter's phone today at 11 am and I said it would sure be nice if her daughter came along with her to help us clean up. Mom didn't seem real interested in that! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifShe just wanted her kid's phone back! Wow!

So, husband and son have gone out fishing off the coast of Mexico for 5 days and it's just my daughter and I here at home to deal with the mess and the mom . . . . . . he's so much better at confrontation than I am, but I am SO MAD mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifat the disgusting mess and the mom's attitude . . . . . . just hope I handle it well . . . . . wish me luck . . . . .

So sorry I missed you Janette... and what a horrible time you have been having! I can't believe  the crazy and stupid mess you have had to deal with....and as far as that mother well.... could you have not called the police? As far as giving the phone back.... think you should have handed back after the clean up.... by her and her friends... If they came on your property... I'm lost for words..
What has happened  now......
Hope your ok. xxx

64182 Sue!!!!!! I see your blue light - are you still here? eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

64183 The mom came over with her daughter and a trash bag. Her attitude was "we will pick up what we can, but I'm not going near your trees because I'm allergic to bee stings (we have a couple of flowering trees)" and she was explaining that it was girls on a soccer team together and this is what they do and she's had her house t.p.'d (like it was okay to do this!), etc, etc, etc . . . . . . . . the feeling I got was that she thinks I was overreacting!!!

I was angry, but stayed very calm and under control. I asked the daughter where this party was and why they did this and why doing things that could hurt people? Well, the girl never said one single word! She ran behind her mom the way small children do while mom stepped forward and shielded her with her arms out (lol!!!) and said that anything I had to say should be said to her, the mom. My gosh, this girl is old enough to vandalize a home, but not speak????

They were out front about an hour picking up, then the girl went directly to their car and the mom came to the door before leaving. I thanked her for coming and for helping her daughter be responsible and again she sort of lectured me about how kids just do these things and how they've had it happen to their house too . . . . OMG, like this is okay . . . . I interrupted her and asked if she had to climb out on her roof and had forks stuck into the ground? She shrugged (again as if to say this is okay) and said yes. I interrupted her and said that sticking forks into the ground is meant to hurt people and parents who know their kids do this have a responsibility to stop that behavior and what if my daughter had fallen off the roof and been hurt? Your daughter is old enough to know better! Then I shut the door in her face!!!

I forgot to add that this vandalizing party was actually held at a neighbor's house. I guessed as much when the mom indicated it was a girl's soccer team and when she said it, she looked down the block in their direction. I confirmed it when I saw them come over and join "toilet paper mom" in the cleaning up. In the past we have had problems with one of their boys running his mouth about my son. mad.gif

Not once have these neighbors apologized (they never apologized about my son either) or even bothered to speak with me about it! Nor has their daughter apologized or even helped with the cleaning up! The girl that hid behind mom never apologized either. The only person who has spoken with me about it was mom and that was to lecture me!!!! And I still have toilet paper streamers from two of the tree tops!!!! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

64184 Was so worked up, I forgot to count!!!

64185 and this is for this post.

Seems I've missed you again, Sue!!!! LOL!!!

64186 - must be summer...!  there is more activity and conversation here than i've seen in a long time!  (altho, how would i know, i never seem to make it in anymore!)

Helllloooooooooooo everyone!  tongue.gif

64187- and wow Janette, what an awful thing to have happen.....  I would have been SO upset!  Sounds like you handled it well.......

64188 Awwwww, Nikki, I can't believe I missed you!!!! It's been SOOOOOO long!!!!!! Hope you're doing well these days!!!!

64189 Well, good morning to whoever comes in today! We are heading off to see Brave in a few hours, but first I must wake up

64190 Hi Janette how was brave ?? I woke up to so many dreams last night that I cant keep up or remember them all, no wonder im mad lol

64191 I have to go out in a few minutes and drop my daughters boyfriend off to work but will be in later, hope to see some of you then..Meanwhile I will listen to the radio, and probably cook later on, no-body is hungry.

64192 - hello all!

64193 Hi Zhivvy :o) At 7;15 I have to turn the radio off and put the phone on, I have a special meeting tonight, so I must go for now, probably come in later, bye bye..

64194 BRB have to go pick up someone, will be on standby..

64195 Yesterday or the day before felt sleepy like last time but couldn't go to sleep was tied up in the house, the whole household needed me so I was too busy, would have loved to have slept though..

64197 Its sunny here too, glad I dont have to drive my car in it, but my poor Dad does have to.....

64197 Brave was okay - the kids liked it :)

64198 Hi 123, hi Zhiv, hi Polly - glad you finally have summer :)

Hope all of you are doing well! Been digging up bulbs in the garden . . . . . . . they are beautiful when they bloom, but the clumps get so huge and have to be thinned out . . . . lots of work, but at least its still cool here as it's still morning.

64198 So it's not like nemo, good for adults too, mainly good for kids ??

64198 So it's not like nemo, good for adults too, mainly good for kids ??

64199 I liked Nemo better - thought it had better humor. Brave had good parts too, but I just didn't think it was as clever. Could be that I was so tired though. I had to squirm a lot to keep from nodding off, lol. Like you, I haven't been sleeping well (you can read back a page to see why if interested) . . . . maybe would have enjoyed it more had I been alert, lol. I liked that the girl character was strong, but didn't like that she was strong in a defiant way as I have too much of that at home with my own daughter, lol.