Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suee

Would anyone like to recommend a good film they have seen and enjoyed..

Yeah and I was so sure that I wouldn't cry that it would be fine... the INSTANT the dog started to get too old, I teared up. My lab died after after turning 13 years 3 years ago this week. He was a good boy. And REALLY cute! I didn't consciously think of him when it made me cry... it's just dogs. They're man's best friend.

Ooo! The King's Speech. I finally saw that one too!! It's definitely a favorite of mine now!! Seen it?

Another favorite of mine that I must recommend is "Unbreakable". I love it.

OOOH!!!

"Arranged" Have you seen it? It's wonderful! About an Orthodox Jew and a devout Muslim girl. THey are both young women working as teachers at the same school. Both of them are going through the arranged marraige process. They become friends with that commonality... it goes from there. It's very sweet, very simple and very good.

Another SUPER low budget from the Film Movement is one I rented called "Munyurangabo". Definitely would like to hash that one out with somebody. Because it's communicating something, but I'm not certain of what it is. But it's definitely interesting. And different.

"The Visitor" & "My name is Khan" I group them together and have some reservations about both movies, but I enjoyed them and I recommend them.

Many thanks..Anjana...

Will add to my list.....

The Blind Side.

Up in the Air.

Michael Clayton.

Little Fockers.

"Michael Clayton" is fantastic! I loved it!

Another good one, that makes me hate the CIA some more is "Body of Lies"  It's a harsh one, but it's really good. Some brutal and dark moments, but it ends well.

[quote name='PattiU2 wrote:

barbara1']someone mentioned boy in striped pyjama's in here. 
i started watching this one couple of months ago, rather late, had been busy with something,cant remember. started watching it with kids, cause i had promised them movie and crisps, but 45 minutes later it was past bedtime, so we never saw the rest. decided to watch it again after seeing these posts. and i remember again now how mad and angry this type of movie makes me!! well, not the movie, but what happened to all these families, kids, mothers, fathers,... 
mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I get so angry watching these movies as well.  My niece was studying that topic in school and really wanted me to watch it with her.  I generally don't watch them.  

I'm getting to the point where I can't watch war movies.  All the young men dying and not coming home. I can't stand it.... and Holocaust movies. Can't do it anymore.   It's not entertainment... There's nothing to discuss.   (there is, of course much that can and should be discussed. But I don't need to watch a movie to do it.)

some feel good family movies by Tyler Perry always lift me up...

Last night, I watched

I Can do Bad All By Myself.

Reduced me to tears.

About being lost, and then being found, and the importance of family and friends, real love and faith.

Great singing in it by Mary J Blige, and Gladys Knight.

You may recall Mary did a duet with bono on ONE.

I love watching Tyler Perry movies! Meet the Browns, Diary Of A Mad Black Woman and Madea's Big Happy Family. Haven't seen "I Can Do Bad All By Myself." I'll find it on Netflex!

Totally partial to Madea movies.

Thank you because I find I am alone in my partiality?? to Madea. I just think her character is hysterical! She makes me laugh and....cry!! laugh.giffrown.gif I don't know anyone in movies that can do that!

Suee, have you ever seen the Hitchcock film, "I confess." ? I'm watching it again right now for the second time my life. It's been years. Wow! It's fantastic! You definitely should check it out.

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

xtraspicy62']some feel good family movies by Tyler Perry always lift me up...

Last night, I watched

I Can do Bad All By Myself.

Reduced me to tears.

About being lost, and then being found, and the importance of family and friends, real love and faith.

Great singing in it by Mary J Blige, and Gladys Knight.

You may recall Mary did a duet with bono on ONE.

I love watching Tyler Perry movies! Meet the Browns, Diary Of A Mad Black Woman and Madea's Big Happy Family. Haven't seen "I Can Do Bad All By Myself." I'll find it on Netflix!

I had a chance to watch "I Can Do Bad All By Myself" today. Good movie, really. Great acting, singing, inspiring. Thanks.

Frozen River is a great film....
Checkin' it out...

Just finished watching a movie my boss recommended. Literally like 5 minutes ago. It's a Danny Boyle sci-fi called  "Sunshine". The very end got kinda... something, but it was a winner. I definitely recommend the movie.

Just went to see "Midnight in Paris" tonight. Definitely worth watching.

I'm a big movie fan.

Just went to see "Midnight in Paris" tonight. Definitely worth watching.

I'm a big movie fan.

Not seen this yet , I'm a big Woody Allen fan..

"Twister"

"Dante's Peak"

Twister...is one of my daughter's fav films.happy.gif

latest movies:

crazy heart : bout alcoholic country-singer.
a dogs year: bout a messed up writer.
both starring jef bridges.

had to watch karate kid last weekend (daughter has crush on jaden smith... and i admit: cute kid!) enjoyed it but wouldnt have chosen it myself.

[quote name='Bononeedley wrote:

OutWest']Just went to see "Midnight in Paris" tonight. Definitely worth watching.

I'm a big movie fan.

Not seen this yet , I'm a big Woody Allen fan.. It's very enjoyable.

2 very freaky movies in a row, saturday i watched 'men who stare at goats, with george cloony (not a big fan of his) and jeff bridges (great actor!)

yesterdaynight i watched: mr nobody, by belgian director starring jared leto. the shots in this movie are great and surrealistic. like 1 review said: just sit back and absorb... (reminds of the butterfly-effect and sliding doors, but completly different story!)

Never watch Marley And Me - It was on TV last night and the first time I have seen it.

I sobbed uncontrollably for the last 30 mins, could hardly see the TV screen!

lol zhiv!! same happened to me last week, when i watched the remake of kingkong the first time, with naomi watts, jack black,...

i felt so happy for the poor monkey, at least he died while seeing his beloved lady at his side....

this is the best movie ever. amazing plot, moving characters and scary truths.
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I almost died laughing.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif