Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suee

Would anyone like to recommend a good film they have seen and enjoyed..

[quote name=Redhead11]

this is the best movie ever. amazing plot, moving characters and scary truths.
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

I almost died laughing.laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

hahaha!!

"The Doctor" which is a very good film about a successful doctor who learns about compassion when he becomes the patient as a result of being diagnosed with cancer.

Link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor_%28film%29

I think I saw that a really long time ago.

A similar story about somebody learning about compassion via cancer and an non compassionate doctor. Ever read the play "Wit" by Margaret Edson?  It's fantastic!   I read it senior year of high school. I loved it.

Never watch Marley And Me - It was on TV last night and the first time I have seen it.

I sobbed uncontrollably for the last 30 mins, could hardly see the TV screen!

That's exactly what happened to me!!

I just watched "The Damned United" last night. It's by the same director who did The King's Speech. It was a good one. Watch it. :)

Just went to see "Midnight in Paris" tonight. Definitely worth watching.

I agree! Have just come back from watching it. I'm new to Woody Allen movies. Loved it, makes me want to book a trip to Paris tomorrow! smile.gif

Watched "Match Point" last week, wasn't sure about the ending though eyes.gif

I just watched "The Damned United" last night. It's by the same director who did The King's Speech. It was a good one. Watch it. :)
Yeah I agree the damned united is really good film, only went to see it because my dad is a massive Brian Clough fan, but I ended up loving the film my self! Any one seen the Source Code? I am really undecided about it.

[quote name='clovergirl86 wrote:

OutWest']I just watched "The Damned United" last night. It's by the same director who did The King's Speech. It was a good one. Watch it.
:)

Yeah I agree the damned united is really good film, only went to see it because my dad is a massive Brian Clough fan, but I ended up loving the film my self! Any one seen the Source Code? I am really undecided about it.

haha thats in my netflix list. 

Can't wait to see the last Harry Potter movie!

AHHHHHHHHHHH ME EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Weatherman says tomorrow is going to be a very wet day...frown.gif...... and if he's right will run along to Blockbusters and get a film. Many thanks for all your films.. will look and make note...happy.gif

England is gonna be a lake tomorrow I hear, definitely afternoon film day!

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

surrenders']Can't wait to see the last Harry Potter movie!

AHHHHHHHHHHH ME EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHA!! Me too!! I'm going on Monday! Can't wait!!! 

England is gonna be a lake tomorrow I hear, definitely afternoon film day!
I don't know about England, but here, on Wednesday was CRAZY!!   flooding all over the place. It was cool to see that much rain. Power went out all over the place. (at work too)

Movies are the best!  :)

[quote name='OutWest wrote:

Redhead11 wrote:

surrenders']Can't wait to see the last Harry Potter movie!

AHHHHHHHHHHH ME EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA!! Me too!! I'm going on Monday! Can't wait!!! 

yeah I read the books.....THIS ONE IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif 

Redhead, I loved the last HP (7 part 1). It was my favorite so far. I'm hoping I like this one as much. We shall see.

Redhead, I loved the last HP (7 part 1). It was my favorite so far. I'm hoping I like this one as much. We shall see.

I think you will (:

Mr Weatherman says tomorrow is going to be a very wet day...frown.gif...... and if he's right will run along to Blockbusters and get a film. Many thanks for all your films.. will look and make note...happy.gif
frown.gif Weatherman was right, so wet and rain..oh boy!  Didn't make to Blockbuster...watched .....OK I'm a romantic at heart...and I'm sure there are people here remember days when Sunday afternoons was good for movies and maybe a choc bar...wink.gif

Well not Sunday and no choc bar..... I watched EVELYN.... and I really enjoyed it, happy ending and tear or three from me...

(2002)  True story.. Drama, set in 1950s Ireland, about a father (Pierce Brosnan)  struggling to win back his children after his wife runs off and they are taken into care - all comes good....tears of joy. happy.gif

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

OutWest']Redhead, I loved the last HP (7 part 1). It was my favorite so far. I'm hoping I like this one as much. We shall see.

I think you will (:That's what somebody else said! I look forward to it.

. I watched EVELYN.... and I really enjoyed it, happy ending and tear or three from me...

(2002)  True story.. Drama, set in 1950s Ireland, about a father (Pierce Brosnan)  struggling to win back his children after his wife runs off and they are taken into care - all comes good....tears of joy. happy.gif

I can't remember if I saw the whole movie, but I remember liking what I saw a lot.

Here's a couple:

Inception....an abolute head f***!But brilliant....what if?

The Geat Raid...as far as war movies go,not well known,but the story is based on true events and to me utterly enthralling.

I'm certain he'll enjoy it ...an amzing story.

some of my favourites from last months:
london river
mammoth
deception
tsotsi
the visitor
lovely bones

Saw "Lovely Bones" on Sunday evening...with Hannah...as it finish ....Hannah said" I don't understand!"eek.gifhappy.gif

I really had to fight to stay awake to the end...12:30am...was not what I had expected...but was glad I made it to the end.. Many thanks Barbara happy.gif

Now if I was in by myself on Friday evening...I would have a bottle of wine and U2 videos... but as it will be Hannah and myself in......can anyone come up with a light fun film, or films.......happy.giflaugh.gif

hi sue, we watched some nice films lately, maybe high heels and low lifes is a good movie to watch with hannah? light and funny. kinda thelma and louise, the funny version. we watched 'le petit nicolas' a really sweet french movie bout a little boy who's trying to find a way to get rid of his expected little brother.