Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suee

Would anyone like to recommend a good film they have seen and enjoyed..

At the weekend I was looking forward to seeing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Film. With all the talk when it came out, how amazing it was..and the bits of the film they showed...well I thought it was slow, boring and ok....rubbish...Well we all have different taste...but it's not a film I will be watching again nor getting from vid shop!!!!!

So I am hoping guys and girls...any good films you have seen....and maybe enjoyed so much would see again AH!

It was rather slow and drawn out but I cried my eyes out in the end when he died in her arms as a baby.  My friend says that the film represents the growing distances that happen in relationships.  That sthe problem when films are overhyped - they give us unrealistic expectations. The Lovely Bones was just on this Sunday and that was fantastic especially as I had downloaded Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil the week before and it was used in the film.  I had tried to rent the film from the library the week before but the librarian couldn't find it (we think it may have been misplaced) and then my neighbour told me that it was on tv this week - so I saved £1.50. laugh.gif xxx000xxx

*raises hand* Another Harry Potter fan here! I'll be seeing DH Part 2 next week, as soon as I've been paid...

Other recommendations: The Millenium Trilogy movies (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Girl Who Played With Fire, Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest): dark and pretty violent, but EXCELLENT!! I would recommend reading the books first, though.

Also: Made in Dagenham, a true story about a strike of women workers at a Ford plant in England, back in the '60's. Highly recommended.

500 days of summer. i love zooey dechanel. and i bought 'the invention of lying' last week (bargain: 3€!) its a really funny movie bout a world, quite similar to ours, but every single person tells the truth, everytime in every circumstance (even politicians!!) except this one guy...

I saw the King's Speech recently on DVD, really impressed with it too, it was surprisingly engaging

Has anyone seen "Paul" the new Simon Pegg  film - wondering if it's worth getting on dvd.

Hi LAWoman happy.gif

Has anyone seen "Paul" the new Simon Pegg  film - wondering if it's worth getting on dvd.

Hi LAWoman happy.gif

Hey Anjana, long time no see! I thought "Paul" was very funny and so out there..Not exactly ET(innocent)Paul was more adult alien! alien.gif You couldn't help but laugh all the time!

Hi LAWoman, we're in together at last!! I saw a trailer for it and the alien looked hilarious, I'll put an order in for it. Thanx

Cowboys and Aliens!
i'm going tonight, hopefully, plans can be like thatroll.gif

Bridesmaids was pretty funny....

Kungfu Panda 2 was great.

Crazy, stupid, love.

Nice flick .... "I love you, even when I hate you... only married people can understand that" ... so true!!!

Has anyone else seen "Sarah's Key"? It's incredibly sad and hard to watch, but *very* well done. Here's a summary:

A woman journalist in modern-day France discovers a picture of a little girl from 1942. Curious, she starts to learn as much as she can about her, and finds that the girl's name was Sarah, her family was Jewish, and consequently was persecuted under the Vichy (French Nazi) regime. When the Nazis came for Sarah's family, Sarah locked her little brother in a secret closet and promised to come back for him. The journalist also discovers that her own family had bought the house that Sarah's family had lived in. The movie unfolds on two parallel "tracks": one following this modern-day journalist and her story, and one following Sarah's story 60 years earlier.

Not only a very moving film, but a thought-provoking one as well. Is discovering the truth about the past *always* a good thing, especially when you find your own family was involved, however tangentially? Are there some things that are better left alone? It doesn't really answer these questions, but it will give you something to chew on. Be warned, though: it will definitely make you cry as well.

Cowboys and Aliens!

I am really curious about this one, sounds funny, a cross between Indiana Jones and Alien??eyes.gif

[quote name='Camucha wrote:

U2LAWoman']Cowboys and Aliens!

I saw it and it was fun... my daughters hated it laugh.gif

but this is a nice pair of cowboys ...

I think they made a cute couple!

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

I am really curious about this one, sounds funny, a cross between Indiana Jones and Alien??laugh.gif And Daniel Craig has a nice ass!! eek.gif

(I'm on cold medicine!~sick.gifembarassed.gifsmile.gif)

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

Anjana wrote:

I am really curious about this one, sounds funny, a cross between Indiana Jones and Alien??laugh.gif And Daniel Craig has a nice ass!! eek.gif

(I'm on cold medicine!~sick.gifembarassed.gifsmile.gif)

Daniel Craig has a nice everything...

WARNING: a bit of gratuitous posting coming up (which isn't like me at allDanielCraig+-.jpg

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

Anjana']

I am really curious about this one, sounds funny, a cross between Indiana Jones and Alien??
laugh.gif
 And Daniel Craig has a nice ass!!
eek.gif

(I'm on cold medicine!~
sick.gifembarassed.gifsmile.gif
)

Daniel Craig has a nice everything...

WARNING: a bit of gratuitous posting coming up (which isn't like me at allsmile.gif One thing about Daniel Craig, when he looks pissy he's oh so sexy!smokin.gif Has anyone seen Planet Of the APes? I don't know, it kinda looks scary!

i am watching My name is Khan, at the moment, and halfway through the' movies the dutch subtitles disapeared! big problem cause the characters switch from english to indian language a lot, and i don speak indian (tho it sounds really lovely). trying to find the text or movie online now. btw, i recommend this movie to you all.

Just watched "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest"...  awesome and a fitting end to a brilliant trilogy!

Also cant wait for "Rise Of The Planet of Apes!" looks fab!