Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

If u2 had an ounce of decency.

Sorry to say this but it pisses me off......

u2 should have organised a 360 end of tour gig/gigs in Ireland and/or the U.K.....

WHY i hear you ask????...

well for starters i feel the UK got a shit end of the deal a few nights here and there......total bollocks......Mainland Europe got more gigs added.....U.S.A got more gigs added why not the very places u2 were made......Ireland and Britain.

i also know what some will say....they will say they are happy that u2 had played Britain and Ireland and that they were enough.....PISH TOTAL PISH.

All i am asking for is a bit of fairmindidness when it comes down to it because there are thousands of u2 fans here who did not get the chance to see them in 2009 and also there are thousands of fans who could not manage be it financial or otherwise to travel to other countries to see them. a wee bit of consideration would not go a miss.....but the way i feel is that u2 have totally forgotten the very countries that put them on the road to the stardom they now have....Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. i do not think u2 will tour ever again on this scale i said it at the beginning of this tour and i stand by that, i think a few gigs now and again but not a full scale tour if they ever tour again at all that is.

So in conclusion i say come on u2 stop fannying about and get something sorted......... 

I totally agree....

I was completely convinced of the fact they would do some shows in GB and end the tour in Ireland.

Simply couldn't believe it when it was clear they are ending the 360 in Canada.

GB and Ireland are left out in the cold....and so are we....

We were discussing this on facebook earlier and everyone thinks the claw should return to Dublin for 3 nights.

OK, agree, they probably need to have a couple of months rest first, The end of september would be good. Even better if they could perhaps have a concert in the UK too, but don't want to ask for too much.

I agree UK and Ireland did get a raw deal. France, Germany, Spain and Italy all got concerts last year.

So come on U2, if nothing else, think of the need of your country's economy and do a concert in Dublin. Hotels and bars need tourism.

here here i totally agree with maggie,

Yes please, make it my first...start saving my pennies..

Would be a oh so happy sue.happy.gif

Yes I was convinced they would come back as well. I was looking forward to it in August time again in Glasgow. Very disappointed that we don't have that or a new album to look forward to after they canned the "Songs of Ascent" project to come up with the Danger Mouse album.

If they did comeback i wonder if they would play more NLOTH, I can see only two songs rom it on the latest setlists and none of the experimental songs any more, all creative juices being used on Spiderman???

Yes I was convinced they would come back as well. I was looking forward to it in August time again in Glasgow. Very disappointed that we don't have that or a new album to look forward to after they canned the "Songs of Ascent" project to come up with the Danger Mouse album.

If they did comeback i wonder if they would play more NLOTH, I can see only two songs rom it on the latest setlists and none of the experimental songs any more, all creative juices being used on Spiderman???

I saw last nights setlist and just wondered where all NLOTH songs were too.......

Not that long ago it seemed so obvious that they were just waiting for the right moment to announce Dublin....  frown.gif"> it

And I agree with Basher.  I'll be surprised if they tour again.  (happily surprised, but still!)

And you, you were acting like it was the end of the world.....
Oh look someone uses a lyric to try and make a point how origional..........eyes.gif

Oh, Basher...I can do that too !! Now you take a guess what song this is from:

You are a pocketful of sunshine

You go, come over to Dublin all the time

LOL, but it says it all....(it's their own lyric)

I agree 100% they forgot about the UK and Ireland on the second leg of the tour. Its bad enough we never got the album that was ment to be released and the kick in the teeth was adding more and more dates to the US leg of the tour. Its so true they should not forget who helped them when they started out. Remeber Tiffanys in Glasgow??? FINISH THE TOUR IN DUBLIN ATLEAST LADS.

Oh, Basher...I can do that too !! Now you take a guess what song this is from:

You are a pocketful of sunshine

You go, come over to Dublin all the time

LOL, but it says it all....(it's their own lyric)

lol......

that'll be from the song about the place in England they played not too long ago........tongue.gif

Darn.....too good to be true. Really underestimated you Basher.....You WIN   thumbsup.gif

Sorry to say this but it pisses me off......

u2 should have organised a 360 end of tour gig/gigs in Ireland and/or the U.K.....

WHY i hear you ask????...

well for starters i feel the UK got a shit end of the deal a few nights here and there......total bollocks......Mainland Europe got more gigs added.....U.S.A got more gigs added why not the very places u2 were made......Ireland and Britain.

i also know what some will say....they will say they are happy that u2 had played Britain and Ireland and that they were enough.....PISH TOTAL PISH.

All i am asking for is a bit of fairmindidness when it comes down to it because there are thousands of u2 fans here who did not get the chance to see them in 2009 and also there are thousands of fans who could not manage be it financial or otherwise to travel to other countries to see them. a wee bit of consideration would not go a miss.....but the way i feel is that u2 have totally forgotten the very countries that put them on the road to the stardom they now have....Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. i do not think u2 will tour ever again on this scale i said it at the beginning of this tour and i stand by that, i think a few gigs now and again but not a full scale tour if they ever tour again at all that is.

So in conclusion i say come on u2 stop fannying about and get something sorted......... 

Agreed I mean I feel lucky that I did get to seem them twice in Dublin and once in Vienna but I'd love to see them again  and it's not like I can affored to see them in the USA can just about to do it in Europe!

well....I agree they could have definitely played more in the UK...but the fact that they are just playing here in NA now, and the add ons...was because of the injury, isn't it?

well....I agree they could have definitely played more in the UK...but the fact that they are just playing here in NA now, and the add ons...was because of the injury, isn't it?

Yeh but they didn't do UK or IE  in second European leg but yeh this is happening now due to back injury

I haven't followed the tour that closely, but didn't they play shows in Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff as well? If they didn't then I do think they do have something to answer for - considering Adam is British and The Edge is Welsh!!!!

Maybe it's because this was a stadium tour and they didn't think they could fill stadiums in the other cities?

I really long for the day when U2 gives up stadiums to be honest - I live in Australia and have only ever seen them in stadiums - it can be good - it can be crap, really crap. I would love to see U2 play in an arena. Hopefully next tour.

I feel very lucky that I managed to see as many gigs as I did, but I would have liked them to come back to the UK and do some more gigs.

I hope they do at least finish in Ireland, even if it's a last minute add to the tour.

I haven't followed the tour that closely, but didn't they play shows in Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff as well? If they didn't then I do think they do have something to answer for - considering Adam is British and The Edge is Welsh!!!!

Maybe it's because this was a stadium tour and they didn't think they could fill stadiums in the other cities?

I really long for the day when U2 gives up stadiums to be honest - I live in Australia and have only ever seen them in stadiums - it can be good - it can be crap, really crap. I would love to see U2 play in an arena. Hopefully next tour.

Nope they played Glasgow.......however the point is that they played extra shows in Europe and America and i for one think this is a bit shitty of them.

I feel very lucky that I managed to see as many gigs as I did, but I would have liked them to come back to the UK and do some more gigs.

I hope they do at least finish in Ireland, even if it's a last minute add to the tour.

last minute fine by me, as long as i can find a sleepingplace and get a last-minute flight.

I was still so hopeful a month or two ago, that they would announce the Dublin dates... now i've pretty much lost the hope...frown.gif

but if they make the last minute add and Dublin will happen - I'll go there, by rowing if can't get last minute flighttongue.gif

I still have a reservation in a hotel in Dublin in september, not cancelled yet.....

So if they change their minds they better be quick annoucing it...wishfull thinking I guess.

It would be a great gesture to the UK and their own people in Ireland to reach out and let the fans roll their money into a poor economy. I'll be happy to do so.......

We shouldn't have to discuss this....it's just ridiculous, even though I can imagine them being sick and tired of touring they should have ended the tour at their neighbours and hometown.

Hey Bash....blah blah blah blahblahblahblah....blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhhhh roll.gif

That's all I have to say about this laugh.gif