Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

If u2 had an ounce of decency.

Not only that...the city that got the most snubbing of all, and I totally lay the blame on the Edge for this one, was...

NEW ORLEANS

Where was their Claw?!?!?!

If any town in the US deserved the 360 tour, it was them!

Now I'm not talking the Superdome, that would've just sucked like the Dallas show...closed roofs...I'm talking the Jazz Fest or some huge field or open stadium somewhere down there. I think U2 didn't try very hard for that town....

....the shame. 

adam_sad.gif  bono_sad.gif  edge_sad.gif  larry_sad.gif 

To U2, PM, and LN..."If you build it, they will come."  

I hope and pray they have better planning of the next tour...for everyone!

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

BonosLady1 wrote:

barbara1']

please guys, how can you get this angry and agressive towards someone you never met, so you have absolutely no idea what kind of person they really are? maybe you got off from a bad start cause one or both of you was having a bad day? but insulting eachother online like this wont solve anything, it wont gain you anything either.
i don understand how it got to this, simply cause a fan expressed his feeling bout wanting the tour to end in ireland/uk, like lots of us in here? no crime in that, is there??

Well basher started going off on me...I didn't start anything. He's the one with the problem, he's the one who needs to get off his high horse, thinks he's all high and mighty. I was just expressing my feelings cuz I know how you feel...Boston wanted more shows on the 360 tour than what we got too. I'm sure when U2 do retire and call it quits they will end it with a bang in Dublin...right now they are not finished yet...they are planning another tour in a couple of years or so...in Arenas...and yes...I do know what I'm talking about...

lol.....run away to teacher loser i really despise folk like you that think they know everything about u2 get a life idiot. i don't think i am high and mighty i know i am so stick that in yer pipe and smoke it you don't like what i say then piss off and don't involve yourself in anything i am saying thanks very muchly typical loudmouth idiot.

Basher: second warning.

I've never understood the comment "I hope and pray"

As I understand it, people who are faithful don't need to rely on hope because their god of choice is going to pull through for them.

Makes you say Hmmmmmmmmmm

that it's become a common saying.

Sorry, I never bothered to read the saga going on in this thread really so realize my comment is out in left field. Consider it an aside.

Cheers!

Here I was thinking Glastonbury was in the UK....

Did any other venues get 3 nights, like Dublin? And wasn't there a bunch of fuss and hassles in Dublin about the noise, and the stage construction keeping the neighborhood up all night... and then anti-U2 protests that blocked the tour trucks from getting the stage to port for transport out of Ireland on time?

And I was in Dublin for the stand, and the local press was full of anti-U2 (and especially anti-Bono) stories, calling him "wee Bono", one story begging Edge to punch Bono in the face again but this time on camera, others saying the more interesting question was not what the setlist would be, but how high Bono's platform shoes would be, etc.

Point being, they gave 3 nights... and the most enthusiastic fans seemed to be the thousands that gathered there from elsewhere around the world. If you want to bitch about why they didn't return to close the tour, maybe a little self reflection may be in order (at least on the part of the media and north Dubliners).

Well!  Texas is the largest state in the lower 48, and we only got 2 shows!  The Dallas show sucked, Houston was better.  Forgot we were lucky to get Norman, OK...one of the best shows ever!  We were snubbed the second time around though.  The closest gigs were Nashville, St. Louis, and Denver...otherwise we had to fly!  My bitch is they should've come back through TEXAS the last leg too!  So there!!!  tongue.gif

There were plenty of tickets in all levels for those two shows up to the day of the concert so I totally see why the band didn't play there this leg.

They didn't come to Ohio on this tour even though both Cleveland and Columbus were considered and obviously cut....which means in order for me to see the 14 shows that I saw, I had to do my own production of planes, trains, buses, and automobiles which nearly got canceled due to unemployment for a short time, so anyone grumbling about the band not playing their city AGAIN can zip it smokin.gif 

That said, it would have been cool to see them end the tour in Dublin or anywhere else other than someplace nobody had heard of...but it was what it was and I'm sure they had their reasons not to play Dublin again as they had reasons not to go back to Boston.

@Bonoslady1 - It looks like every post of yours you state the band will be playing arenas next tour because Bono and crew told you personally.  Bono told LOTS of people as did the crew...as in Phil, Dallas and Sam had said this to many people so it really isn't privileged information. tongue.gif

@Scout6 - I hope and pray you read what a thread is about before commenting.....

pimp.gif 

[quote name='Max Tsukino wrote:

basher1 wrote:

BonosLady1']Excuse me...I'm attacking you??!! I think it's the other way around, you're the one attacking me you fucking moron, you're the fucking idiot! I know more than you think. Well then,if you went to all those shows,then what are you pissing and moaning about? Oh because U2 didn't finish the tour in Dublin...oh well boo hoo. You can't always have you're way. You seem to be the arrogant "fuckwit" always pissing and moaning about every thing in here. You are the embarrassment, not me!

ha ha ha ha listen to you, your a total arsehole you have no clue what you are on about you loudmouthed arse so run along silly person you are just a retarded idiot who thinks they know but actually does not know. you came into my thread shouting off like a typical  gobshite so piss off and do something decent like choke on a cheeseburger or something.

Basher, Bonoslady1:

Please stop with this kind of language... if you have to say something about this, think about your words before writing. There's always a better way to put your ideas...

thanks...

pillowfight.gif

In May 2010, Bono fell and hurt himself...remember? Well there could of been no Tour at all because Bono had major surgery...remember? He was brave enough to come back in the shape that he did!  I am just thankful for that!

imho, the only time that a group or person should be predictable is when it all ends!
So U2 did not end it like they did many times...it means that there is an evolution in the group and there will be disappointments and surprises...maybe surprise shows...nothing is impossible! Just open your mind to new possibilities and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Manon

Yay, let's finish the tour in Moncton after having put forward Pittsburgh and Minneapolis as the last show of the tour previously.

That's the decency they're lacking (Live Nation). The decency to put a number of dates from the first day and then fans decide, not putting them forward like a lottery and after organizing trips from fans.

Another wonderful management decision by Live Nation and Principle Management. U2, you sold your soul to the wrong devil here.

Oh, and about bitching: Madrid, capital of Spain, where most of the population lives, didn't get a single show in the whole tour. Beat that tongue.gif

Oh, and about bitching: Madrid, capital of Spain, where most of the population lives, didn't get a single show in the whole tour. Beat that tongue.gif
i live in the capital city of my country and we didn't get it here.......tongue.gif

[quote name='Erin Go Bragh-less wrote:

Allegra']Well!  Texas is the largest state in the lower 48, and we only got 2 shows!  The Dallas show sucked, Houston was better.  Forgot we were lucky to get Norman, OK...one of the best shows ever!  We were snubbed the second time around though.  The closest gigs were Nashville, St. Louis, and Denver...otherwise we had to fly!  My bitch is they should've come back through TEXAS the last leg too!  So there!!! 
tongue.gif

There were plenty of tickets in all levels for those two shows up to the day of the concert so I totally see why the band didn't play there this leg.

They didn't come to Ohio on this tour even though both Cleveland and Columbus were considered and obviously cut....which means in order for me to see the 14 shows that I saw, I had to do my own production of planes, trains, buses, and automobiles which nearly got canceled due to unemployment for a short time, so anyone grumbling about the band not playing their city AGAIN can zip it smokin.gif 

That said, it would have been cool to see them end the tour in Dublin or anywhere else other than someplace nobody had heard of...but it was what it was and I'm sure they had their reasons not to play Dublin again as they had reasons not to go back to Boston.

@Bonoslady1 - It looks like every post of yours you state the band will be playing arenas next tour because Bono and crew told you personally.  Bono told LOTS of people as did the crew...as in Phil, Dallas and Sam had said this to many people so it really isn't privileged information. tongue.gif

@Scout6 - I hope and pray you read what a thread is about before commenting.....

pimp.gif 

Well according to Adam, the last interview he gave, he wasn't even sure if U2 will tour again....

Edge didn't know if he wanted to tour outdoors or indoors....

Larry probably wants a long holiday, forget U2 for a few years and spend time with his family....

Bono is always on bloody tour. If it's not with U2, it's for Africa, or touring with world leaders.......

So truth is, no one really knows if U2 will tour ever again. And if there is no new album, it will be a greatest hits, farewell tour, the last one, but again, speculation.

peterferris8 wrote:

barbara1']please guys, how can you get this angry and agressive towards someone you never met, so you have absolutely no idea what kind of person they really are? maybe you got off from a bad start cause one or both of you was having a bad day? but insulting eachother online like this wont solve anything, it wont gain you anything either.
i don understand how it got to this, simply cause a fan expressed his feeling bout wanting the tour to end in ireland/uk, like lots of us in here? no crime in that, is there??

Like I said, Barbara, patience is a virtue.

Peter if i wanted patience i'd become a doctor......tongue.gif

No. Just no.

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

Like I said, Barbara, patience is a virtue.

Peter if i wanted patience i'd become a doctor......
tongue.gif

No. Just no.Why not?????......sense of humour by-pass??????

Allegra']Well!  Texas is the largest state in the lower 48, and we only got 2 shows!  The Dallas show sucked, Houston was better.  Forgot we were lucky to get Norman, OK...one of the best shows ever!  We were snubbed the second time around though.  The closest gigs were Nashville, St. Louis, and Denver...otherwise we had to fly!  My bitch is they should've come back through TEXAS the last leg too!  So there!!! 
tongue.gif

pimp.gif 

OUCH.......lol......this is why i love my Kebab......tongue.gif

tongue.gif

pimp.gif 

OUCH......This is why i love my Kebab........tongue.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

Erin Go Bragh-less wrote:

tongue.gif

They didn't come to Ohio on this tour even though both Cleveland and Columbus were considered and obviously cut....which means in order for me to see the 14 shows that I saw, I had to do my own production of planes, trains, buses, and automobiles which nearly got canceled due to unemployment for a short time, so anyone grumbling about the band not playing their city AGAIN can zip it
smokin.gif

@Bonoslady1 - It looks like every post of yours you state the band will be playing arenas next tour because Bono and crew told you personally.  Bono told LOTS of people as did the crew...as in Phil, Dallas and Sam had said this to many people so it really isn't privileged information. 
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

Well according to Adam, the last interview he gave, he wasn't even sure if U2 will tour again....

Larry probably wants a long holiday, forget U2 for a few years and spend time with his family....

Bono is always on bloody tour. If it's not with U2, it's for Africa, or touring with world leaders.......

So truth is, no one really knows if U2 will tour ever again. And if there is no new album, it will be a greatest hits, farewell tour, the last one, but again, speculation.
But Mac this can't be true oh no.........tongue.gif

peterferris8 wrote:

basher1']Peter if i wanted patience i'd become a doctor......
tongue.gif

No. Just no.
Why not?????......sense of humour by-pass??????

Because it's not funny. I haven't lost my sense of humour, I'm just very particular.

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

No. Just no.

Because it's not funny. I haven't lost my sense of humour, I'm just very particular.as a nurse i've always found it very strange how two concepts that have absolutely nothing to do with one another, sound so much the same. cause let me tell you: most patients have absolutely no patience!!sick.gif

edit: sorry for taking this off topic embarassed.gif

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

No. Just no.

Because it's not funny. I haven't lost my sense of humour, I'm just very particular.

not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

MacFoley wrote:

Erin Go Bragh-less']

They didn't come to Ohio on this tour even though both Cleveland and Columbus were considered and obviously cut....which means in order for me to see the 14 shows that I saw, I had to do my own production of planes, trains, buses, and automobiles which nearly got canceled due to unemployment for a short time, so anyone grumbling about the band not playing their city AGAIN can zip it
smokin.gif

@Bonoslady1 - It looks like every post of yours you state the band will be playing arenas next tour because Bono and crew told you personally.  Bono told LOTS of people as did the crew...as in Phil, Dallas and Sam had said this to many people so it really isn't privileged information. 
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

But Mac this can't be true oh no.........tongue.gif

well can you honestly see it?

larry said he wants U2 to go out on top......360=biggest tour ever.....

on top=greatest hits tour....????

its one of the other, but no one knows.......pimp.gif

tongue.gif

pimp.gif 

I know alot of people were being told that by them...I just didn't want to get attacked again and get accused of "not knowing what I'm talking about"...

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

basher1 wrote:

MacFoley']

But Mac this can't be true oh no.........pimp.gif

There once was a thread full of venom

It gave everyone who participated in it a pain in their duodenum

They hoped and they prayed and

They prayed and they hoped

Then God, Buddha, Shiva, Allah, Gaea, Zeus and Beetlejuice said

For Pete's sake (whomever that is) put this argument to bed-um!!!

:)

There once was a thread full of venom

It gave everyone who participated in it a pain in their duodenum

They hoped and they prayed and

They prayed and they hoped

Then God, Buddha, Shiva, Allah, Gaea, Zeus and Beetlejuice said

For Pete's sake (whomever that is) put this argument to bed-um!!!

:)

AMEN-UM tongue.gif

peterferris8 wrote:

basher1']Why not?????......sense of humour by-pass??????

not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

I WAS NOT DICTATING. There IS a difference between 'personally not finding something funny' and 'dictating'. I was 'personally not finding something funny'. 

Each to their own.