Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

If u2 had an ounce of decency.

Here I was thinking Glastonbury was in the UK....

Glastonbury is completely different to having shows in the UK.. for a start, Glastonbury was sold out before U2 were announced.. yeah, it was pretty certain they'd be playing after having to pull out with Bono's injury, but Glastonbury is a festival.. not a U2 concert.. 

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

Because it's not funny. I haven't lost my sense of humour, I'm just very particular.

not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

I WAS NOT DICTATING. There IS a difference between 'personally not finding something funny' and 'dictating'. I was 'personally not finding something funny'. 

Each to their own.

Peter my good man, I hope you can see the irony of stating that you're not dictating in capitals! laugh.gif

At the end of the day, the boys got off their asses and did a stack of shows Down Under.

That's all that really matters.

And I'm with Mac on this one, surely ending it with the biggest tour the universe has ever seen is "going out on top"

I can see new albums from the boys, but I reckon we just saw the last mega world tour from U2.

[quote name='mick james wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

basher1']not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

I WAS NOT DICTATING. There IS a difference between 'personally not finding something funny' and 'dictating'. I was 'personally not finding something funny'. 

Each to their own.

Peter my good man, I hope you can see the irony of stating that you're not dictating in capitals! laugh.gif

i hope pete will see the irony here, if not, pretty sloppy work....

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

peterferris8']

Each to their own.

Peter my good man, I hope you can see the irony of stating that you're not dictating in capitals!
laugh.gif

i hope pete will see the irony here, if not, pretty sloppy work....It reminds me of that reaction you get when you tell an angry mate to "relax dude"

" FECK OFF I AM RELAXED!!!!"

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']

Peter my good man, I hope you can see the irony of stating that you're not dictating in capitals!
laugh.gif

It reminds me of that reaction you get when you tell an angry mate to "relax dude"

hey, check out the blue room dude....roll.gif

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']

laugh.gif

It reminds me of that reaction you get when you tell an angry mate to "relax dude"

Okay, now I see the unintended irony! roll.gif

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']

Okay, now I see the unintended irony! roll.gif

Good man.

How's that guitar of yours going mate? You getting good?

peterferris8 wrote:

mick james']It reminds me of that reaction you get when you tell an angry mate to "relax dude"

Okay, now I see the unintended irony! 
roll.gif

Good man.

Yeah, it's going good, thanks. I'm about to take a Grade 4 exam. Sooner or later I'm going to try and start a band.

mick james wrote:

peterferris8']

Okay, now I see the unintended irony! 
roll.gif

Good man.

Yeah, it's going good, thanks. I'm about to take a Grade 4 exam. Sooner or later I'm going to try and start a band.

Cool.

Country and Western or Jazz Fusion?

peterferris8 wrote:

mick james']

Good man.

Cool.

At the moment, I'm looking at something along the lines of this - melodic lead guitar with distorted rhythm, RHCP-style bass and drum n' bass-style breakdowns. 

As for the pedal, I've made up my mind as to what I'm getting next- Line 6 POD HD500. All the effects of the M13, except it's £30 cheaper and has an inbuilt expression pedal. I've demo'd one in a store, and it felt really easy to use, so I'm getting that.

At the end of the day, the boys got off their asses and did a stack of shows Down Under.

That's all that really matters.

And I'm with Mac on this one, surely ending it with the biggest tour the universe has ever seen is "going out on top"

I can see new albums from the boys, but I reckon we just saw the last mega world tour from U2.

IPAJIN.JPG

!CDfndu!BWk~$(KGrHqYOKkYEznEZ9ykKBNOyomkQmw~~_35.JPG

convert.php?dir=50726f64756374666f746f6772616669652f50726f6475637420466f746f677261666965204c696e64656e686f6666&name=31382e204b6e6f666c6f6f6b20737472656e67204c6175747265632e6a7067&type=4&v=0

hope it works!! (and please never say that again, mick!!!)

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

Because it's not funny. I haven't lost my sense of humour, I'm just very particular.

not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

Each to their own.
Pete ye blew yer argument/discussion right out the water there because you stated "Because it's not funny" you did not say " i do not find it funny" you said "Because it's not funny" there is a world of difference between what you said and what you actually meant....no luck end of term report.........-D must try much harder.

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

basher1']not funny to you maybe but funny to me thats why i put it up there so i'd rather you didn't tell me what was funny and what was not thank you very muchly i didn't realise we lived in a dictatorship.

Each to their own.
Pete ye blew yer argument/discussion right out the water there because you stated "Because it's not funny" you did not say " i do not find it funny" you said "Because it's not funny" there is a world of difference between what you said and what you actually meant....no luck end of term report.........-D must try much harder.

I do so tire of being picked on for my status as a schoolboy. And actually, my end of term report was much better than a -D, thank you very much. Now go away and leave me in peace. Pick on someone who doesn't exist.

mick james wrote:

peterferris8']

Cool.

At the moment, I'm looking at something along the lines of this - melodic lead guitar with distorted rhythm, RHCP-style bass and drum n' bass-style breakdowns. 

As for the pedal, I've made up my mind as to what I'm getting next- Line 6 POD HD500. All the effects of the M13, except it's £30 cheaper and has an inbuilt expression pedal. I've demo'd one in a store, and it felt really easy to use, so I'm getting that.
I don't really understand all that, but you'll do great Pete!!happy.gif

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

mick james']

Cool.

I don't really understand all that, but you'll do great Pete!!happy.gif

Thanks very much for the kind words!

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

Each to their own.

I do so tire of being picked on for my status as a schoolboy. And actually, my end of term report was much better than a -D, thank you very much. Now go away and leave me in peace. Pick on someone who doesn't exist.

good on you, pete! being cool, calm & collected. don let bash wind you upwink.gif

So bash...it's not bad enough you got all offensive and swore up and down at me and attacked me here...but I heard you brought the attack over to the zootops-facebook page...hmmm...you had no business doing that, that did not have to go there. and talk about me behind my back by blocking me so I couldn't see what you or any one else was saying...you don't know me and I have just as much a right to give my opinion here like anyone else weather you like it or not...you really are a loser and coward...if anyone needs an ounce of decency, it's you bash...end of subject...

So bash...it's not bad enough you got all offensive and swore up and down at me and attacked me here...but I heard you brought the attack over to the zootops-facebook page...hmmm...you had no business doing that, that did not have to go there. and talk about me behind my back by blocking me so I couldn't see what you or any one else was saying...you don't know me and I have just as much a right to give my opinion here like anyone else weather you like it or not...you really are a loser and coward...if anyone needs an ounce of decency, it's you bash...end of subject...
Thought you had finished here????.......you started the nonsense here just take the time to read back and for the record don't flatter yourself what i spoke about on FB was about all you loudmouthed idiots that think they know everything about u2 and sneer at folk who call you on it it was a thread about people not just you so like i say don't flatter yourself.

basher1 wrote:

peterferris8']

Each to their own.

I do so tire of being picked on for my status as a schoolboy. And actually, my end of term report was much better than a -D, thank you very much. Now go away and leave me in peace. Pick on someone who doesn't exist.Peter actually you came onto here and said something so i responded if you don't like it don't say nothing, as for picking on you well you'd know all about it if i did like i say you don't want a reply then don't post anything toward me now go get your pencils sharpened or something.

[quote name='BonosLady1 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

BonosLady1']pppffttt...you think the UK got the shit end of the deal??!! No...you know who got the shit end of the deal?...Boston,Massachusetts, that's who! U2 got their start in Boston too and they only played there 2 times...yes only 2 times this whole tour. So don't give me that. A few other cities in the US that got them in 2009 got them again this year but not Boston. Yeah, I did go see them 1 more time this year in Denver, but that was last minute otherwise I would not have seen them again this time around. And yes....they will  be touring again...they are going back to arenas...Bono told us himself when I met him in Denver.

Erm i think you'll find the biggest lie thread is elsewhere.....did Bono also tell you he was Spartucus?????....big fat hgairy deal u2 did not get thier start in Boston they got thier start in Britain and Ireland check yer history.........and i'll give you anything i decide to give you and if you don't like it tough shit......

I know they got their start in England and Ireland...what I was saying is that Boston kind of gave them their start over here in the U.S. Europe had more than their share of U2 shows and Boston only got 2 this time around that's all I'm saying, so why should you be wining like a baby?...and yes...U2 WILL be doing another tour...their going back to arenas....I didn't only hear it from Bono, but also from another good source, someone else from the U2 crew.

so here is where all the shit-throwing started i have highlighted it in red for you just so you know........before that it was a to-ing and fro-ing thing without too much nonsense.......

then after i responded in kind i got this from your good self....

Well for 1 thing...you can't even write right you f***er. I KNOW MY U2 history! And like others said when us from Boston were complaining that we only got 2 shows and not any more, they said that we had our share of shows and it was finally time some where else finally got a chance to get U2 and that we could take a road trip to see them....so why didn't YOU take a road trip, huh? I took MY road trip...I saw them in Denver! YOU'RE the f***ing IDIOT! And YOU can just SHUT  the f**k up K?!

so i will await your apology.....thanks muchly.

now...could all we relax? :)

Oh please...NOOOOO!!!!As of today I'm no subscriber anymore...just the free side.Where else should I get my daily soap fix if not here!And the best....it's for free up here!!!