Sign in to follow this  
hnicolaidesk

The Blue Room

Here's the thing... unless I'm mistaken... there is no thread where one can come and simply have a good chin wag with whoever is around... If I'm online and looking about, and I see that my friends are online and I want to say "Hi"... this is the place to come and do that...and with the Live threads done with for this tour.. we need somewhere to go ... where Tiz can serve us a lovely breakfast, or Max can post amusing Tweets or whatever... you see?

I was very involved in some forums years ago (a celebrity chef) ...and while there ... there was a massive debate regarding farmed vs wild salmon ... out of that debate a thread was created called The Salmon Arms ... this was our refuge from the silly debate... this became our "chat thread"... no specific topic... just chatter...

So that's the history - the reason behind creating this thread - however we need a good name for this thread.

I thought of "Prattle and Rum" ... but its not great... so I'm looking for ideas - your best ideas!

Once we find a name for our 'local' I'll edit the title of this thread to that new name...

What say ye?

Not bad..

Bring 'em on folks... need your ideas.

So you see Mick - with this thread... we don't need to sully your lovely retrospective thread.... smile.gif ... meet up here, pour a virtual pint, or bevvy of your choice - and have a chat... 

Helen, I'm sure you get asked this all the time, but I noticed your surname and am wondering, any relation??

Nope.

None.

A Greek girl named Helen - married a boy named K... you know the rest... odd coincidence.

However, as a wee girl - I loved her... read everything I could about her... because of her struggle and accomplishments.

smile.gif

Nope.

None.

A Greek girl named Helen - married a boy named K... you know the rest... odd coincidence.

However, as a wee girl - I loved her... read everything I could about her... because of her struggle and accomplishments.

laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing mate.

I'm on a graveyard shift - duty calls, back soon

Nice - I also loved her story as a child.

I love co-incedence, and am constantly amused by the random things that occur when you pay attention.

I'm sure when you met said boy "K" you had the thought, "If this works out I'll get asked if I'm a relative of said person for the rest of time..." laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing mate.

I do remember the moment Mr. K and I decided we were going forward as a duo - and my thought to myself at the time was - How did I manage this? laugh.gif  I am fated to either keep my maiden name and forever be spelling it... or... be HelenK and endure the looks... alas... She was a great lady and I am honoured to have her name and through me, have her story be retold. It's good for a laugh too... You should see the looks I get in the registry office, when I go in there to renew my driver's license - dark glasses on... wink.gif

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

mick james']

Nice - I also loved her story as a child.

I love co-incedence, and am constantly amused by the random things that occur when you pay attention.

I'm sure when you met said boy "K" you had the thought, "If this works out I'll get asked if I'm a relative of said person for the rest of time..."
laugh.gif

Thanks for sharing mate.

I do remember the moment Mr. K and I decided we were going forward as a duo - and my thought to myself at the time was - How did I manage this? roll.gifroll.gif

Make sure you take your dog with you next time!

Always a pleasure Helen, but it's almost quittin time at the cracker factory, see you soon.

roll.gifroll.gif

Make sure you take your dog with you next time!

Always a pleasure Helen, but it's almost quittin time at the cracker factory, see you soon.

Take care Mick ... till next time.smile.gif

Nice... Anjana... think of a U2 song we can mutilate the title to sound like the name of a pub... a place to meet and greet.

What do you think?

Hi I used to write a lot in the old zoo, not so much now, I´m more an interference girl :P but I´m saying hi to everyone :D

Hi I used to write a lot in the old zoo, not so much now, I´m more an interference girl :P but I´m saying hi to everyone :D

Hi.

Happy to see you.

Talk On?  wink.gif

Burp and Slurp(although not a U2 song)

Blue Room

Moles in Holes(that sounds a little dirty laugh.gif

I like LAWoman's The Blue Room, that's a goody

That's just plain disturbing Spicy!! Think Edge is enjoying it, very into the role there. The way Larry has spread his legs, so funny...I'd secretly love to sit like that as a woman, it'd be refreshing LOL (literally breezylaugh.gif)

Hi anjana!

I wasn't much of a chatter when I became a subscriber about 3 years ago and I've just begun to contribute a bit over the last few months. A few days ago I stumbled upon "Cleary's Pub" here in the zoo, run by redandwhitepebble. Seems it must have gone on for quite a while. There you can do exactly just what you suggested - walk in, pull up a chair, nod to everyone, have a beer, and chat. Plus you can add your country flag on the virtual wall... Maybe u wanna go have a look around for yourself.

But it's nice to have few locals to mill about, too.

As for a name for this thread... hm... I quite like the idea of "The Blue Room". Sounds cool. And I love the pun ones.

Don't have any suggestions yet. I picture a neon sign at a real location and try to think of names that attract passers-by to come in. The name is still kind of blurred, but the night is but young... ;-)

Hi Gracenote, I didn't know one already existed, thanx for the info.

I like The Blue Room, I like that a lot!... though it sounds like a seedy dive.. rather than a comfortable local... hahahaa..laugh.gif.

Let's do it... and we can always change it again... if we find something we like more...

Glad to see the other posts... Spicy... love your pic... see, I knew we needed a thread for just random stuff... we don't need 20 different threads with only one thought in each one... too many threads to follow...... good work team... I'm very pleased.