Sign in to follow this  
hnicolaidesk

The Blue Room

So daisies are Bono girls.....Lalas are Larry girls...so who are Adam and Edge girls?
Not sure about the Edge girls, but I believe that Adam girls are called Poptarts. 

You can always come to the dark side....

Darth_Mullen-1.jpg

I could... but then I'd be trampled in the GAs by you, Jen, Anjana... no I'll stick with my bad boy Bono.

He makes my heart sing...

.... and other bits tingly. wink.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mick james wrote:

MacFoley']I'm rather disappointed with king of limbs. It sounds like Thomas Yorke solo album 2.

All of the organic feel of radiohead as a band is gone. Replaced with beeps and bleeps and bass lines.

After the dizzy high I got from in rainbows, king of limbs isn't an album that moves me.

I'm just over the fact that every album that followed Kid A was Kid B,C,D,E.

What are we up to, Kid F?

I wish Thom had never heard Warp Records.

And I am a die-hard Warp fan.

See as a bruv, i have to disagree with you. Parts of Hail to the thief are very good. Some good songs on that album.

In Rainbows is a gem! A reminder that Radiohead still can write amazing songs. Some of those songs were from Ok Computer you know!!

I didn't know that... must give In Rainbows another listen soon.. I agree... In Rainbows was very good... Kid A was a disappointment to me.

Hello! thought i'd check in before i go off to bed! Lala's are lovely and I love them! But we know that the Daisies rule lol!!!! And on that note off to dream of the mango king!!!!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Now there's a T-shirt design!

A couple of daisies placed oh so strategically over the ta-ta's with a mango just beneath... oh yes... I can see it now! laugh.gif

( * ) _ ( * )

(_)   <----------- something like this...

I absolutely agree that all the albums have had some brilliant material.

But Mac, do you feel let down by Radiohead? I know that sounds wanky, but they had so much potential.  Does sound a bit wanky - laugh.gif - but I know what you're saying... OK Computer was so brilliant and then... what the hell happened... a few good songs does not an album make... Radiohead are a great band and I've yet to see them... should have done years ago... and I'd still like to... was so disappointed the Live Glastonbury coverage did not include any of Radiohead's performance.

I liked Amnesiac, but Hail To The Thief just sounded samey to me. And everything that's followed seems a bit phoned in. King Of Yawns is just the icing on the cake.

Maybe being a Warp fan took some of the sheen of the "new" sounds they were "inventing"

Just started sounding like Autechre with jazzy basslines and Thom wailing over the top.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were wicked.

Would you believe Radiohead were in Sydney for the OK Computer Tour the same week U2 were in town for Popmart? Now that's a good week of tunes.

Anyway, bedtime.

Night mates! Take care Mick

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Redhead11']So daisies are Bono girls.....Lalas are Larry girls...so who are Adam and Edge girls?

Not sure about the Edge girls, but I believe that Adam girls are called Poptarts. 

edge doesn't have one? that's sad. 

http://www.rollingstone.c...o-irish-schools-20110818

Money will go to music education

By Matthew Perpetua
August 18, 2011 4:50 PM ET
u2
U2 perform in Toronto  smile.gif Pimentel/WireImage

U2 will be providing five million euros – roughly $7.2 million dollars – through 2015 to fund music schooling for Irish children. The donation will mainly be put toward musical equipment and salaries for music teachers. An additional two million euros ($2.9 million) will be given to Ireland Funds, another charitable group supported by people of Irish ancestry around the globe.

Photos: U2's Epic New Jersey Show

U2's donation comes soon after major cuts to Irish education spending in the government's attempt at an economic bailout. The band's donation is designed so that by the end of the five-year term, the government can take over funding for the programs.

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

Redhead11']

So daisies are Bono girls.....Lalas are Larry girls...so who are Adam and Edge girls?

edge doesn't have one? that's sad. 

We've tried to come up with one.  A favorite has been Edgers.  Maybe that one will finally stick.  Oh, and yes, Adam girls are Poptarts.

[quote name='hnicolaidesk wrote:

mich40']You can always come to the dark side....

Darth_Mullen-1.jpg

I could... but then I'd be trampled in the GAs by you, Jen, Anjana... no I'll stick with my bad boy Bono.

.... and other bits tingly. wink.gif

wow, that is just adorable! he tries to look tough, but he looks vulnerable and you just want to  go and give him a hug or kisswink.gif

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

mich40']You can always come to the dark side....

Darth_Mullen-1.jpg

.... and other bits tingly.
wink.gif

wow, that is just adorable! he tries to look tough, but he looks vulnerable and you just want to  go and give him a hug or kisswink.gif

I will gladly volunteer for that job! wink.gif

mirrorball.gif

smile.gif

What is this supposed to be a picture of? All I see is "Image hosted by Angelfire."

[quote name='mick james wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

mick james']I'm just over the fact that every album that followed Kid A was Kid B,C,D,E.

What are we up to, Kid F?

I wish Thom had never heard Warp Records.

And I am a die-hard Warp fan.

See as a bruv, i have to disagree with you. Parts of Hail to the thief are very good. Some good songs on that album.

In Rainbows is a gem! A reminder that Radiohead still can write amazing songs. Some of those songs were from Ok Computer you know!!

I absolutely agree that all the albums have had some brilliant material.

But Mac, do you feel let down by Radiohead? I know that sounds wanky, but they had so much potential.

I liked Amnesiac, but Hail To The Thief just sounded samey to me. And everything that's followed seems a bit phoned in. King Of Yawns is just the icing on the cake.

Maybe being a Warp fan took some of the sheen of the "new" sounds they were "inventing"

Just started sounding like Autechre with jazzy basslines and Thom wailing over the top.

Saw them a couple of years ago and they were wicked.

Would you believe Radiohead were in Sydney for the OK Computer Tour the same week U2 were in town for Popmart?

Anyway, bedtime.

Night mates!

well like U2, i think radiohead have albums, and there are ALBUMS! if i were to look at the BEHIND album i would say, yeah there are some really great songs on that album, but others i think are bad eggs. same with BOMB....

as with NO LINE which i think is U2's return to form in writing music like U2 did back in 1984, i think the same with IN RAINBOWS and their return to OK COMPUTER......

but i dont like to compare bands and their work, each band is individual....

so going back to the mighty RADIOHEAD......

i was there when CREEP was out....i thought they were the uk's new grunge band. but then they were stupidly put in the "brit pop" bracket. that was such a stupid thing too...."brit pop"  i hated the term personally....as a fellow brit!

and then the REAL radiohead magic happened.....THE BENDS....which i say stands shoulder to shoulder than OK COMPUTER....infact i think it is the better album slightly...as it contains more of the perfect mix of guitars and experimentation.

but OK COMPUTER is a different story.....it IS for me THE best album of the 90's along with Achtung Baby...our era's DARK SIDE OF THE MOON......if U2 is our modern day Beatles, Radiohead are our modern day Pink Floyd.....

it was also the year 1997 that i was at glastonbury festival where i stood there on a rainy night to watch radiohead perform that legend performance. 

3 years later we had KID A....i instantly thought Aphex Twin,,,,,,,and although Hnicolaidesk doesnt like it, i totally loved it. Mainly because i thought Behind was a middle of a road album, Kid A i thought was something different to listen to as there were alot of bands trying to copy Radiohead's style....COLDPLAY were around, Muse were starting off, and Radiohead too their sound and went for pushing the boats out, alot like ZOOROPA.......i also saw Radiohead live the day KID A was out, so to me that era was perfect!!!!

i was a little underwhelmed by Amnesiac....ok i don't think it touches Kid A although they were written at the same time, i just thought Amnesiac songs were better live. Although i mentioned before that PYRAMID SONGS remains one of my all time favorite Radiohead songs.....

So my love affair still continued with Radiohead. While i thought U2 were going backwards at the time i thought Radiohead were continuing to explore new ground, which is where i hoped U2 had gone after Pop....

Hail to the thief i though was solid album. It contained much better Radiohead songs all round. THERE THERE again, i think is an amazing piece of work. So is SAIL TO THE MOON, 2+2=5, but it is a rather LOOOOOONNNNGGGG album that could have done with taking out some of the KID A b-sides...wink.gif but still saw that tour, which i thought the band were really ontop of their game then. Still now Radiohead live i think are boss!

And then we had the fantastic IN RAINBOWS! like NO LINE! it was YES! THEY ARE BACK! two of my favorite bands (TOOL is another) released albums that i can listen to now and say, "thank feck they remembered how to bring out a complete album!"

so KING OF LIMBS i must say, yeah i fell slightly LET DOWN (no pun intended) by them after the result of IN RAINBOWS! but like U2, were they both retire, i can safely sit down and listen to them and remember the good old days, the mid times, and even towards the back end they released work that still makes them special....

(that good enough???)

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

hnicolaidesk wrote:

mick james']Show us yer La-la's!!!

Now girls, do you need Mac and I to throw some pizza boxes around and spill some lager on the nice rug?

I'm hard at work in the wee hours (5.25am here), but I hope you're all having sweet dreams of leprachauns!

No leprachauns for Mac though.

Yes please... a little testosterone might help.... I'm out numbered by LaLa's... Darth_Mullen-1.jpg

fighting0040.gif

[quote name=hnicolaidesk wrote:

jbarnych wrote:
hnicolaidesk]

Yes please... a little testosterone might help.... I'm out numbered by LaLa's... 146fs96171.gif