Sign in to follow this  
hnicolaidesk

The Blue Room

[quote name='U2LAWoman wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

U2LAWoman']Pink hoegaaarden?? That's beer right? Now guiness......I know not cool to say on a U2 board..but yuck...eeuuyyy...guiness is gross! I don't get how anyone can drink that stuff!!
sick.gif

yep, its belgian beer, the white one is very good, pink (slight taste of raspberry is delicious! never tried guiness, but think its too dark for me... but can say for sure till i had one. who's joining me to dublin??

Dublin? Sounds like fun!

Guinness is great - yum yum yum gives you a fat bum!

ummmmmmmmmmm....... Pink hoegaarden, that sounds delicious

I had some at Barbara's Maggie - it is lovely, not seen any in shops over here yet, only the normal white ones

Well, I've been out of it a while!  How nice to find this Blue Room!  Very pleasant...good job, as usual, Helen!

I will have to go back and look I guess, but I saw mention of a white Irish bum?  Wouldn't mind a peek, actually, even if stalker-ish. 

I'm now going to search for a pint of Guinness cause my bum is not wide enough yet!  (Yes, it is but...I drink it for the nutritional value!)

loving the peacefulness...will visit again, for sure!smile.gif

[quote name='badgirl56 wrote:

hnicolaidesk']
316087_210002182392325_166820623377148_556609_1713932651_n.jpg

So darling and dashing.

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifwow!..talk about HOT!!!!!!!!......dont they scrub up well!............happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I know!!!!! Wow!!! 

[quote name='barbara1 wrote:

U2LAWoman wrote:

barbara1']pink or white, i'l take either one!

Pink hoegaaarden?? That's beer right? Now guiness......I know not cool to say on a U2 board..but yuck...eeuuyyy...guiness is gross! I don't get how anyone can drink that stuff!!
sick.gif

yep, its belgian beer, the white one is very good, pink (slight taste of raspberry is delicious! never tried guiness, but think its too dark for me... but can say for sure till i had one. who's joining me to dublin??

Guinness is my favorite! I'm planning on having plenty of pints while I'm in Dublin in the next couple of weeks. 

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

barbara1 wrote:

U2LAWoman']Pink hoegaaarden?? That's beer right? Now guiness......I know not cool to say on a U2 board..but yuck...eeuuyyy...guiness is gross! I don't get how anyone can drink that stuff!!
sick.gif

Guinness is my favorite! I'm planning on having plenty of pints while I'm in Dublin in the next couple of weeks. 

My pub here sells it too - so you can have some here too!!! 

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

jbarnych wrote:

barbara1']yep, its belgian beer, the white one is very good, pink (slight taste of raspberry is delicious! never tried guiness, but think its too dark for me... but can say for sure till i had one. who's joining me to dublin??

Woo hoo!! Better tell them to stock up because I'll be there soon!! 

[quote name='jbarnych wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

jbarnych']Guinness is my favorite! I'm planning on having plenty of pints while I'm in Dublin in the next couple of weeks. 

oh yes you will!!!!!!!! That poor little pub lol!happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I just stole this photo from Facebook because I like it... bundled up Bono.

But I'm posting it here because I want to ask this question... maybe someone can suggest an answer.

See Bono's right hand - holding the left side of his coat? He does that a great deal... check out the photos from the U2 GQ shoot... he's holding the left side of his tux blazer... It's a weird little habit he's had for some time... I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

smile.gif

Helen

309126_278287625515830_100000037845866_1140054_1300630022_n.jpg

Well, I've been out of it a while!  How nice to find this Blue Room!  Very pleasant...good job, as usual, Helen!

loving the peacefulness...will visit again, for sure!smile.gif

Thank you Birdsong - very kind of you.

However - I won't take all the credit - this wee pub of ours, The Blue Room, is fantastic due it's entertaining and loving patrons - like yourself. smile.gif

jbarnych wrote:

Zhivvy']My pub here sells it too - so you can have some here too!!! 

oh yes you will!!!!!!!! That poor little pub lol!happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

I can hardly wait - you two will have such fun!

smile.gif

xxx

http://www.torontosun.com...er-the-moon-with-new-doc

By Jane Stevenson ,QMI Agency

First posted: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:26 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 07, 2011 01:17 PM EDT

1315434785585_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Director Davis Guggenheim spent less than six months making TIFF's opening night film, From the Sky Down, the documentary about U2 revisiting their pivotal 1991 album, Achtung Baby, as they prepared to play it live at their first ever Glastonbury gig this past summer.

Guggenheim also only spent half a year on his Academy Award-winning 2006 documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, about global warming.

"It's definitely do-able and sometimes when the magic is there you can do it," said Guggenheim, 47, from his office in California. "But it's very difficult and you're sprinting the entire time to get it done."

In fact, Guggenheim -- who has three children in real life with actress Elisabeth Shue -- only delivered a finished version of the film to Toronto last Wednesday.

"And that was really the moment when we could collapse and look at each other in disbelief that we'd actually finished."

He showed U2 his cut of the documentary in late July in New York and reports: "They were over the moon. They loved it. They said from the beginning, we want you to make the movie that you want to make and they let me the movie I wanted to make. It was pretty astounding. I think part of it is the trust we gained doing It Might Get Loud, they sort of let me have a free hand."

Guggenheim, who previously directed U2 guitarist The Edge, along with Jimmy Page and Jack White, in the 2008 documentary It Might Get Loud, says it was a simple phone call that got him involved in From the Sky Down.

"It was such a good experience for both of us (him and The Edge), the conversation just continued. And when I heard they were considering doing a movie about Achtung Baby, I got very excited. It's a very seminal moment in their life as a band. Just before it was their highest high (the success of The Joshua Tree) and during it was their lowest low (Rattle and Hum's documentary/CD backlash) and out of that came their most profound reinvention."

In addition to bringing U2 back to Berlin's Hansa Studios, where they recorded Achtung Baby with producers Brian Eno and Canadian Daniel Lanois -- who also did the documentary's original music with Toronto's Michael Brook -- Guggenheim also filmed the band in Winnipeg's Burton Cummings Theatre as they rehearsed for Glastonbury.

"It was fun to go up there. And the theatre we filmed in was beautiful. And sounded incredible. The band was just raving about how that room sounded."

In Santiago, Chile, Guggenheim also did individual "sound-only" interviews with the band members that provide much of the documentary's narration, and wound up getting some of the movie's most poignant information about The Edge's first marriage failing and how making Achtung Baby became a welcome distraction.

"That's the heart of the film when you hear them talking about the story," said Guggenheim. "That became the sort of emotional and sort of structural backbone of the movie."

Guggenheim also mined archival footage, stills and recordings from the Achtung Baby sessions and never before seen scenes from the film dailies of Rattle and Hum and struck gold.

"We found these scenes of the band during that tumultuous time," said Guggenheim. "Like Bono having a fit in the dressing room or them performing in a blues club."

When From the Sky Down makes its TIFF debut Thursday night at Roy Thomson Hall, it becomes the first documentary to ever open the festival.

Guggenheim, who also directed the 2010 documentary, Waiting for Superman, is thrilled.

"It's a huge honour. It's really my favourite city to premiere a movie."

Post-TIFF, From the Sky Down will debut on Showtime in the U.S. on Oct. 29 and will be included on the 20th anniversary re-release of Achtung Baby slated for Nov. 1 before it gets its own Blu-ray/DVD release.

"U2 is so different from everybody else," said Guggenheim, who is doing a 1:30 p.m. chat with Bono and The Edge on Friday afternoon at TIFF Bell Lightbox.

"They really are special. Even though they are mega rockstars, there's a conscientiousness and connectedness and a thoughtfulness about each member of the band. So I wouldn't put them in the same bunch as other rockstars."

jane.stevenson@sunmedia.ca

I just stole this photo from Facebook because I like it... bundled up Bono.

But I'm posting it here because I want to ask this question... maybe someone can suggest an answer.

See Bono's right hand - holding the left side of his coat? He does that a great deal... check out the photos from the U2 GQ shoot... he's holding the left side of his tux blazer... It's a weird little habit he's had for some time... I just wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

smile.gif

Helen

309126_278287625515830_100000037845866_1140054_1300630022_n.jpg

Maybe he's got a bit of a Napoleon complex, lol!

Was just going to mention Napoleon - even sings about him lol!

Morning Blue Room!!!!! Just having my coffee. Was all sleepy earlier but after laughing til sides hurt on FB over a silly pic I am wide awake and feel so happy!!!!

Morning Blue Room!!!!! Just having my coffee. Was all sleepy earlier but after laughing til sides hurt on FB over a silly pic I am wide awake and feel so happy!!!!

Hey there Zhivvywink02.gif

Long time no see

[quote name='stubby wrote:

Zhivvy']Morning Blue Room!!!!! Just having my coffee. Was all sleepy earlier but after laughing til sides hurt on FB over a silly pic I am wide awake and feel so happy!!!!

Hey there Zhivvywink02.gif

Long time no see

Hello!!! it has been a long time!!! how are you doing?

stubby wrote:

Zhivvy']Morning Blue Room!!!!! Just having my coffee. Was all sleepy earlier but after laughing til sides hurt on FB over a silly pic I am wide awake and feel so happy!!!!

Hey there Zhivvy
wink02.gif

Long time no see

Hello!!! it has been a long time!!! how are you doing?

Doing ok.  It looks like this is the place to be on downtime.  Been reading some of the pages and it looks like funtongue.gif

It is fun in here. Just a place for general silliness - or rudeness as it was the other week!! 

But nice to have somewhere just to say hello and catch up!

Sounds good to me
Can't beat having a place with no particular topic and anything goes!!! happy.gif