Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

U2 360 lacked might. It could've been a hell of a show if they've decided to truly rock the claw with POP tunes and older stuff like Electric Co, Wire, etc

Erm...this isn't relevant to the thread topic.

Question: What songs would you guys recommend showing younger fans who are interested in U2's music?

I just gave someone a link to The Fly and they loved it.

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

danielsentana']U2 360 lacked might. It could've been a hell of a show if they've decided to truly rock the claw with POP tunes and older stuff like Electric Co, Wire, etc

Erm...this isn't relevant to the thread topic.

Hahaha I know Peter but someone said that the 360 wasn't as good as the old stuff...I think. maybe I got mixed between topics roll.gif

Question: What songs would you guys recommend showing younger fans who are interested in U2's music?

I'd say Streets BUT I've always been a fan of showing Until the End of the World to people who don't know what U2 sound like

All of them! (Except 2nd half of Bomb and Leave Behind :D)

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

Achtung75']Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

My family do that to me all the time! Sometimes I mutter "Too lazy to go get it yourselves, huh?"

i admit: i do that to my kids. but in my defends: i work hard to provide them from what they need... so i figure i kinda deserve a little spoiling now and thenohwell.gif

I really like some of the funky 1990's stuff they did, a nice little compilation is the B-sides on The Best of 1990-2000, I remember I put that on once and a friend of mine was really surprised by some of the tracks like Lady With A Spinning Head, Salome, Summer Rain. And even Dancing Barefoot, Spanish Eyes, Three Sunrises. They're not as iconic as The Fly admittedly but they have a certain freshness to them - at least to my ears anyway! 

Lady with the Spinning is a fantastic song; one of my favorites. It's the perfect mix between the Fly and Ultraviolet.

Spanish Eyes is also wonderful. I'm particularly keen on Night and Day lately, also Holy Joe!

[quote name='Anjana wrote:

Redhead11']Question: What songs would you guys recommend showing younger fans who are interested in U2's music?

I really like some of the funky 1990's stuff they did, a nice little compilation is the B-sides on The Best of 1990-2000, I remember I put that on once and a friend of mine was really surprised by some of the tracks like Lady With A Spinning Head, Salome, Summer Rain. And even Dancing Barefoot, Spanish Eyes, Three Sunrises. They're not as iconic as The Fly admittedly but they have a certain freshness to them - at least to my ears anyway! 

I love the 1990-2000 B-Sides album!  And the 1980-1990 B-Sides too.  Totally different reasons.  I feel like 80-90 is a great sleepytime listen.  90-00 makes me want to dance.  I think that Salome is the best; great song and I love the obscure biblical reference (at least I'm assuming that's the Salome that the song refers to, but maybe I made that up).  I've seen a few posts/blogs denigrating the remixes/dance type stuff, so maybe I'm alone in digging them so much, but I think they're great.

I'm 16! I've been a fan for almost two years and like you Redhead, U2 is the only band I've seen live.

I wish more teens were interested in the band but many listen to the same music and I think it's quite because of the radios destined to young people, they always stream the same tunes again and again. It's not diversified enough ( well in France, maybe it's different in your country...).  I've also the feeling that music tend to be like fashion for some teenagers and they just don't want to hear stuff from old bands. How can they live without U2?!  That's impossible for me now tongue.gif

redhead, and young friends, do you think that you would like a sub-forum just for young people?

perhaps if enough of young fans want that, bigwave could create a space for you....?

thoughts?

redhead, and young friends, do you think that you would like a sub-forum just for young people?

perhaps if enough of young fans want that, bigwave could create a space for you....?

thoughts?

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif
clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

that would be really cool!!!

I know interference has something like that with like 50 something pages...

Anyway, it would be really cool. :)

redhead and other young fans

please send your requests to bigwave

only he or baja could look into making this happen...

301.gifHey hang on a min that's age-ist, shouldn't there be a place for old(er) people too, like an old folks home/bingo hall forum? And what about those at an awkward in-between age - a mid life crisis forum perhaps heh hehwink.giftongue.gif

(*whispers* just kidding before someone takes that seriously!)

301.gifHey hang on a min that's age-ist, shouldn't there be a place for old(er) people too, like an old folks home/bingo hall forum? And what about those at an awkward in-between age - a mid life crisis forum perhaps heh hehwink.giftongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

Anjana']
301.gif
Hey hang on a min that's age-ist, shouldn't there be a place for old(er) people too, like an old folks home/bingo hall forum? And what about those at an awkward in-between age - a mid life crisis forum perhaps heh heh
wink.giftongue.gif

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Hey Redhead, you are stickied!smile.gif

Maybe this can evolve into its own forum....we have more time now that the tour is over....

why not set up a young fan forum, where multiple threads on different topics could be started?

Who can think of some topics?

Hellow! it is untill the age of 24.. but I am 27..is that ok? :D im a fan for 10 years now.. have seen them several times and met bono and the gang 4 times :) I don't follow them everyday around the net, but when they are doing something new i'm there ;) greetings

Maybe this can evolve into its own forum....we have more time now that the tour is over....

why not set up a young fan forum, where multiple threads on different topics could be started?

I guess one of the obvious would be describing what made us like U2. There are plenty of bands/artists and a wide range of musical styles, and when you're growing up deciding on a band is nearly as difficult as deciding what to study. happy.gif

let's see...

how you got into U2....were you born into it or a convert
reactions when people say you're a u2 fanatic 
reactions from people in this generation...
what it feels like....
concert experiences....
etc.etc.etc.