Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

I'm 20, turning 21 next month. I've been listening to U2 since I was in sixth grade; back then my friends thought I was a weirdo for listening to a bunch of 40-something Irish guys, lol. I think they'll always be my favorite band :)

I also don't like to hear about people whining about my generation's music. I don't like much of it, either, but everyone has their own tastes and I'm not gonna say that you have a worse taste in music than me just because you like artists that I don't. But of course none of them come close to U2 ;)

I'm 20, turning 21 next month. I've been listening to U2 since I was in sixth grade; back then my friends thought I was a weirdo for listening to a bunch of 40-something Irish guys, lol. I think they'll always be my favorite band :)

I also don't like to hear about people whining about my generation's music. I don't like much of it, either, but everyone has their own tastes and I'm not gonna say that you have a worse taste in music than me just because you like artists that I don't. But of course none of them come close to U2 ;)

Hey, my friends still don't understand how I think 50 year old men are amazing charming and badass and cool. 
They're learnin though smile.gifwink.gif

Is lovely to see their are youths out there with a sensible mind with good taste smile.gif

I think we're all just a mad,badass,but cool dysfunctional family...a kind of U2 equivilent to The Waltons? roll.gif

I've also grown up listening to U2, I've been told it was played over the stereo when I was a very young kid, to fall asleep to. Then they were played in car rides, to pass the time. I've never thought they were bad, always at least decent, but they didn't really catch on until just over a year ago. My family only had three albums then (Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and No Line On The Horizon) and I decided to listen to all three. What do you know, it all clicked, these guys are awesome! Now, literally, for a whole year I have listened to nothing but U2. Not kidding, I love them that much and I am so grateful to have been to two of their concerts, best times of my life. And now there is pretty no U2 left that I don't have, just a few b-sides, which I will have eventually! Then I don't know where the becoming obsessed with the band members themselves started... ;)

I do not like any of the new artist around these days, Gaga, Bieber, etc. But then again, I've always listened to "older" stuff, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Metallica, Gun's N' Roses, Alanis Morrisette (my previous favourite) some Van Halen and a little Eminem. I'm not saying they are completely talentless, just not to my taste.

U2 forever!

I'm 17, I've always loved U2, at 12 I tried showing its beauty to my friends, since that time I began having hatred to my generation, how close minded we are, I have never met someone who loves U2 like I do , I live for them , I'm a bit obsessive! The first song I loved was One but since then I have listened to almost every songs, I have all the albums and each songs have a different feeling and also I really prefer their old stuff. I went to the 360 show in montreal but stayed outside , I couldnt get a ticket. I cried :P. But I saw the screen and heared the show well, better than nothing isn't it? I pray the god that they will have another tour. I swear i'd buy the red zone ticket! But honestly, all the flashy too perfect stuff of the 360 tour tells me nothing, It's totally useless, I prefer some more traditional ambiance like in rattle and hum at the sun devil stadium or at red rocks! and my biggest grief is to not have been there, in the 80's when the lifestyle, it would seem was a little more like I am.

Wow didn't know this thread existed. I'm 19, been a fan since 13 I guess when I heard Vertigo on a Spanish radio station. Most of the stuff is covered in my profile page, but basically I liked the riffy tune and I started to explore (by then I was trying to determine which music I was going to settle on). So I tried listening to the big tunes (WOWY, One, Still haven't found) and heard City of Blinding Lights from the Brooklyn bridge concert. 
I JUST FELL IN LOVE WITH IT!
And then, dwelling more into their catalogue, I watched Rattle and Hum's Streets. Well I'm here now! div><div>I

great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

Would be interesting to know, especially from those age 16-24 how you get your U2 'fix' online.

Is it though forums like this one or through twitter, or facebook or other social media?

Yeahhh BW, so glad this thread has been stickiedthumbsup.gif, it's deserves a prominent place. 

great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

Would be interesting to know, especially from those age 16-24 how you get your U2 'fix' online.

Is it though forums like this one or through twitter, or facebook or other social media?

well....for me....I come here all the time!!happy.giflaugh.gif

Facebook is good for posting lyrics and videos of U2 to expose others to them. 

But ultimate U2 fix comes  from zootopia!!happy.gif

Redhead, we're in at the same time!! Just PM'd youhappy.gif

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

bigwave']great post, and really good to see posters of all ages here in the Zoo.

well....for me....I come here all the time!!happy.giflaugh.gif

Facebook is good for posting lyrics and videos of U2 to expose others to them. 

But ultimate U2 fix comes  from zootopia!!happy.gif

I engaged in the practice of posting lyrics and YouTube links on Facebook, but no-one took any notice. So I stopped. In fact, someone at school said that they were rubbish at Glastonbury PURELY on the grounds of the Coldplay snippet. I agree, Zootopia is the ultimate source of U2.

Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

Children are great way of getting beer and snacks from the kitchen without getting out of my comfy, comfy armchair.

My family do that to me all the time! Sometimes I mutter "Too lazy to go get it yourselves, huh?"

I'm boycotting Facebook, it's something we abuse and something unescessary, Viva Zootopia. I've kinda given up on converting people to U2 anyway, you've got the music tastes or you don't , period :)

I'm 17, I've always loved U2, at 12 I tried showing its beauty to my friends, since that time I began having hatred to my generation, how close minded we are, I have never met someone who loves U2 like I do , I live for them , I'm a bit obsessive! The first song I loved was One but since then I have listened to almost every songs, I have all the albums and each songs have a different feeling and also I really prefer their old stuff. I went to the 360 show in montreal but stayed outside , I couldnt get a ticket. I cried :P. But I saw the screen and heared the show well, better than nothing isn't it? I pray the god that they will have another tour. I swear i'd buy the red zone ticket! But honestly, all the flashy too perfect stuff of the 360 tour tells me nothing, It's totally useless, I prefer some more traditional ambiance like in rattle and hum at the sun devil stadium or at red rocks! and my biggest grief is to not have been there, in the 80's when the lifestyle, it would seem was a little more like I am.

I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! frown.gif

I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! frown.gif

Yes, the 360 tour was just too Sober. I hope they'll try something else next time, I loved how they were having fun in the zoo tv tour, I wish I saw that. have you ever been to one of their shows?  

roll.gifI love that, brilliant! That made me laugh

[quote name='WhereIsHope wrote:

peaceloveu2']I hear ya! I would love to have seen the band in the simplicity of the R&H and Joshua Tree days. Concerts these days... I don't know; they don't seem as special as they used to be.

And I would cry too, if I couldn't get a ticket! That is awful! 
frown.gif

Yes, the 360 tour was just too Sober. I hope they'll try something else next time, I loved how they were having fun in the zoo tv tour, I wish I saw that. have you ever been to one of their shows?  

Not sure I'm allowed in here being old and past my sell by date laugh.gif (sorry Redhead but you know what I'm like when it comes to thinking out loud) but I agree, whilst this tour had a lot of 'might' to it, yes it was a bit sober and they do the fun tongue-in-cheek cool stuff sooooo well it would be good to see a return to it in some form.  Stooopid me here had the chance to see them on the ZooTV tour but was too busy studying for exams gahh, would love to be given a second chance to see something like that again

I was 20 when I fell in love with U2... does that count? wink.gif

U2 fix comes in various forms and from various sources - ultimately it comes from this site - the official source.

22 yo. I can't remember a whole day that I just didn't listen to U2... Big fan here. Seen them only twice, hope they're gonna do a lot of touring in the future! I'm sure I'll attend ;)

Facebook does the trick. Not many U2 fans there, though, mostly people from here on Facebook. I've gotten the habit of finding Youtube videos of people that went to shows and reconstructing shows. Nice way to find some lesser known shows

U2 360 lacked might. It could've been a hell of a show if they've decided to truly rock the claw with POP tunes and older stuff like Electric Co, Wire, etc