Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Redhead11

Young U2 Fans!!

[quote name='Redhead11 wrote:

xtraspicy62']Maybe this can evolve into its own forum....we have more time now that the tour is over....

why not set up a young fan forum, where multiple threads on different topics could be started?

Who can think of some topics?

let's see...

how you got into U2....were you born into it or a convert
reactions when people say you're a u2 fanatic 
reactions from people in this generation...
what it feels like....
concert experiences....
etc.etc.etc.
These are great topics, Redhead!

Now, can bigwave design a forum/subforum for you?

IDK....smokin.gif

another topic: are u2 relevant for this generation?

I think so, totally.

but that interview...........maybe it's good for bono to question that. do or die kinda moment produces new things!

I'm 23 almost 24. Loved U2 all my life, but I got TOTALLY obsessed when I was 14. Still in love. We can thank Kite for kicking off the obsession.

U2 is simply the best in the world!

redhead, why dont you ask bigwave thru a Pm about developing categories and such?

He might be too busy right now to have seen this....

OMG I love seeing all these young people like me on here! Don't be strangers, guys! The zoo needs you :)

YOU ARE AS YOUNG AS YOU FEEL.....cute.gif

I feel old Sue laugh.gif

SO usually these days people my age at 19 you know dont know bands like U2 and have never experienced the music. which is really sad. unlike now days, u2 makes somgs that you can never get tired off, listen to days on end.

so basically i listened to u2 as soon as i was born, i was born into a family that no joke are the bigegst u2 fans. i remember at the age of 3 going to beaches and listening to the best of u2. as i got older l always knew u2 was my favourite band, i even called my bird after the drummer Larry! i really appreciate u2s music and the good there trying to do to for our world. we need people like this! in primary school we used to have talent quests and when people would dance to spice girls, i would be somehow dancing to u2! l used to have dreams that u2 would come to my party and sing!

anyway continuing my first ever concert was the vertigo concert in 2004 and i was in the back corner besotted, i sang every song and was on the chair screaming , i thought life get better than this, until there 2011 360 tour, this time in the mosh pit! i screamedd so loud! the people next to me were getting so angry! and i swear bono heard me! 

whenever i have been down, or happy u2 has cheered me up! i hope i hope and it would probably never happen but i have dreams that one day i can acually meet the band! 

BONO, LARRY, THE EDGE AND ADAM if your reading this give me a call! i would love to chat! 

keep making amazing music, you guys roc

SO usually these days people my age at 19 you know dont know bands like U2 and have never experienced the music. which is really sad. unlike now days, u2 makes somgs that you can never get tired off, listen to days on end.

so basically i listened to u2 as soon as i was born, i was born into a family that no joke are the bigegst u2 fans. i remember at the age of 3 going to beaches and listening to the best of u2. as i got older l always knew u2 was my favourite band, i even called my bird after the drummer Larry! i really appreciate u2s music and the good there trying to do to for our world. we need people like this! in primary school we used to have talent quests and when people would dance to spice girls, i would be somehow dancing to u2! l used to have dreams that u2 would come to my party and sing!

anyway continuing my first ever concert was the vertigo concert in 2004 and i was in the back corner besotted, i sang every song and was on the chair screaming , i thought life get better than this, until there 2011 360 tour, this time in the mosh pit! i screamedd so loud! the people next to me were getting so angry! and i swear bono heard me! 

whenever i have been down, or happy u2 has cheered me up! i hope i hope and it would probably never happen but i have dreams that one day i can acually meet the band! 

BONO, LARRY, THE EDGE AND ADAM if your reading this give me a call! i would love to chat! 

I feel the same way. I am 19 and I love U2 and nothing but 80s 70s and 60s music. I hate all the music of today. I first got turned on to U2 when I was twelve and the first song that got me into them was Vertigo. I hope I get to see them someday, I was supposed to see them in Toronto last year but then it got cancled. Someday.

Just spotted this thread, starting to feel toooo old embarassed.gif seems along time ago since i was 14 listening to Achtung for the first time..

There were 3 of us from my grade that went to U2 360 in Salt Lake, none of us have gone to a concert since because they will not even be half as good.

I was 20 when I saw U2 for the first time in 81'. After 30 shows over 30 years I am excited to see these new young fans keeping the interest of the band alive. Us old farts couldn't make u2 relevant without the tribute generation. Thanks to all of you! U2 4 LIFE!

I was 20 when I saw U2 for the first time in 81'. After 30 shows over 30 years I am excited to see these new young fans keeping the interest of the band alive. Us old farts couldn't make u2 relevant without the tribute generation. Thanks to all of you! U2 4 LIFE!

Hi there! New member here. Became a massive fan of U2 when I was 14 when they released How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. While in hindsight it is far from their best work I thank them for releasing that for allowing me to enter the U2 sphere! They are geniuses for bringing in new generations of U2 fans and I was lucky to be one of them when Vertigo was released. I was a small sensitive 14 year old so the fact I loved something as cocky and rocky as Vertigo was unbelievable! Something only U2 could have done! It's nowhere near my favourite songs now but Vertigo really had a positive impact on me. Since then it's just been so delightful buying all their records and discovering what is in my view amongst the finest music made in history. To be at the top of their game for over 3 decades now is a stunning achievement in music that is unmatched. 

You could call me a kinda young fan,:o( 1987 was in my primary years, and u2 hit the top hundred chart with, WOWY and ISHFWILF and I used to used to listen to the radio, day and night, those were good days. Guess good things never last.

its really touching to read these posts and learn your stories

It is nice reading these stories- it does make me feel old though.  Which I guess isn't so bad.... 

I was 14 when Achtung Baby was released.  I became a very dedicated U2 fan with that album.  It's still my fave album of all time. ( I can't believe how much time has passed! )  It's great to know that U2's music is (still) reaching out to you younger fans!  Although I kinda feel like I'm still part of that "young fan" group, too wink.gif

Awww!!  Don't give up hope!  It could happen! 

[quote name='Sunflower1mdp wrote:

chrissssssyyy']

Awww!!  Don't give up hope!  It could happen!  Oh so sweet Chrissy smile.gif

Its great to see such young generations loving U2, looking at the generation of children now, their different to ours, they are basically split right down the middle, like either they are good,(people,workers,respectful or sick)

Or they are generally selfish, cunning and bad, which means really bad for the good, but seeing young U2 fans is just really nice, hopefully they inspire you to become a great generation of tastefull music smile.gif

Great progress! My friends are starting to become really curious about this Bono guy I've been talking about and how amazing they all are, and now 4 of them want U2 mix cds!!! watch?v=QwzKZn0DxHg?version=3&hl=en_US

Great day! See, if we are just exposed to it, we respond!!