Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

(PLEASE UNSTICKY) Thank you for sharing your talent

Hey All, I am posting some demo songs on YouTube for the first time and am looking for some feedback. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings if you don't like them. Haha. Just want some honest feedback.

Here is one acoustic track titled "You're Better Than You Think You Are"

If you check out my other videos on YouTube you will also find an acoustic cover of "The Sweetest Thing" with my friend singing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Sonny, and thank you for posting.

Probably one of the first things you need to do, is make your music easily accessible, by providing a hypertext link, like this:

SonnySmithMusic

When I went to youtube.com, there were several Sonny Smiths, and you did not specify that your channel title consisted of your name plus the word music on the end. Not everyone will take the time to scroll around, so this may turn off people straight away.

Easy accessibility to links, and being prepared for that, is much more attractive and professional and you will score more views.

Hey All, I am posting some demo songs on YouTube for the first time and am looking for some feedback. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings if you don't like them. Haha. Just want some honest feedback.

Here is one acoustic track titled "You're Better Than You Think You Are"

If you check out my other videos on YouTube you will also find an acoustic cover of "The Sweetest Thing" with my friend singing.

Thanks for the feedback!

Original music is the sweetest thing! I LOVE musicians who can write their own music and lyrics. That takes much more talent than only doing covers of other peoples music.

Probably one of the first things you need to do, is make your music easily accessible, by providing a hypertext link, like this:

SonnySmithMusic

When I went to youtube.com, there were several Sonny Smiths, and you did not specify that your channel title consisted of your name plus the word music on the end. Not everyone will take the time to scroll around, so this may turn off people straight away.

Easy accessibility to links, and being prepared for that, is much more attractive and professional and you will score more views.

Thanks xtraspicy62 for the advice and feedback! I will definitely follow your advice. I really appreciate it!

I have around 30 demo songs written/recorded and am always writing new material, so I may post a few new songs on here from time to time to get some feedback. Thanks again!

[quote name='sonnyu2 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

Thanks xtraspicy62 for the advice and feedback! I will definitely follow your advice. I really appreciate it!

I have around 30 demo songs written/recorded and am always writing new material, so I may post a few new songs on here from time to time to get some feedback. Thanks again!

do you know how to post the hyertext links?

are you networking with other musicians in your area?

do you go to music conferences to get feedback and advice?

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

sonnyu2 wrote:

xtraspicy62']

Yep, I know how to post hypertext links.

I do network with local musicians and have played with or gotten feedback from them on some of my material. Now, I am trying to reach a larger audience or one that doesn't know me, to get some unbiased feedback. 

Haven't ever really looked into music conferences yet, but they are on my radar.

[quote name='sonnyu2 wrote:

xtraspicy62 wrote:

sonnyu2']

Yep, I know how to post hypertext links.

I do network with local musicians and have played with or gotten feedback from them on some of my material. Now, I am trying to reach a larger audience or one that doesn't know me, to get some unbiased feedback. 

Haven't ever really looked into music conferences yet, but they are on my radar.

good to know!

there are some great people on here who can give you their opinion, as they are musicians too.

I think macfoley who posted earlier with his piano work would give you great feedback....

just look at some of the people who submitted entries into this thread and contact them via a PM, as most folks on here are pretty friendly..............