Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

News about new album/ U2 in the studio

Today I´ve posted 2 differents news on the Ultraviolet-U2 Fan Club Brazil´website.

The first is about someone who posted on Interference and told his friend is in Dublin right now. In the last saturday, he could talk to Dallas and he said U2 were in Hanover Quay:

http://www.ultraviolet-u2.com/noticias/2012/04/23/u2-esta-no-estudio/

The second is about an article which mentioned Danger Mouse as the producer of the U2´s new album:

http://www.ultraviolet-u2.com/noticias/2012/04/23/danger-mouse-e-apontado-como-produtor-do-novo-disc/

Tis true about Dallas. I have some friends that met him on Saturday there.

Sadly U2 aren't in HQ .... all their equipment was moved to another location in Dublin, the picture taken in the link was done while some of their gear was being taken 'out' - also taken out this day were several guitars and computers...(I was there the day they were removing the stuff) and the day previous while they did the same... so that's that rumour thrown into the bin .....

Sadly U2 aren't in HQ .... all their equipment was moved to another location in Dublin, the picture taken in the link was done while some of their gear was being taken 'out' - also taken out this day were several guitars and computers...(I was there the day they were removing the stuff) and the day previous while they did the same... so that's that rumour thrown into the bin .....

Dallas was at HQ this past weekend, but I don't think any of the band members were. And this is not a rumor, this is a truth.

Thanks for this information. Everyone had already thought they were in the studio.
Dallas is a trustworthy guy. Maybe the person who wrote the message on Interference made a mistake... a misunderstanding.
Actually, I got the news from U2Place´website.
Thanks again! I´ll share it with my friends here in Brazil.
Let´s keep in touch wink.gif

Dallas was at HQ this past weekend, but I don't think any of the band members were. And this is not a rumor, this is a truth.
Dallas was defo there I spoke to him and had my picture took.

Me and Mr fish at HQ saturday

P1050191.jpg

Show off! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

All I have to say about a new album is it will get done when it gets done...I don't expect anything much before December at the earliest and probably not until next March. Unless they rush it, and I hope they don't.

[quote name='mich40 wrote:

Zhivvy wrote:

gibbo1968']Me and Mr fish at HQ saturday

P1050191.jpg

Show off! 
tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I'd show off too. tongue.gif

Oh yes - I would too - I am just jealous lol! 

P1050191.jpg

I was hoping if I said something one of you would get in here a post a pic. wink.gif

And if I recall correctly, in one of the pics that one of you posted, he had a guitar case in hand, yes?

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

gibbo1968']

P1050191.jpg

Show off! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I'd show off too. tongue.gif

[quote name='Zhivvy wrote:

mich40 wrote:

Zhivvy']Show off! 
tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I'd show off too.
tongue.gif

Oh yes - I would too - I am just jealous lol! 

You'd have scared him off with the mango!And yep michelle he had a guitar with him.

Dallas was taking a bass into the studio (basically because the case said 'bass' on it!) - stayed about 30 mins or so and didn't come back out with it :)

Did he drop it in the Liffey from the window? :P
He might have thrown it at all those tourists that go past on the duck boat thing!  He did mention that they do their bloody heads in with the megaphone when they are working in the studio!  LOL

I thought HQ was to be done away with.  What is the story with that, anyone?

Very charming photo, btw!

Dallas was taking a bass into the studio (basically because the case said 'bass' on it!) - stayed about 30 mins or so and didn't come back out with it :)

MMMMM was watchin it might get loud the other night and 'said case' looked very similar to one edge carries in that film which i'm guessin houses the explorer as he uses it in the film.

jimmy iovine recently did an interview w/ rolling stone magazine. in it he said that u2 are definitely in the recording process for a new album.

he also had some interesting other tidbits about some songs off of NLOTH. i don't have the article in front of me but i'll dig it up and post what it says.

jimmy iovine recently did an interview w/ rolling stone magazine. in it he said that u2 are definitely in the recording process for a new album.

he also had some interesting other tidbits about some songs off of NLOTH. i don't have the article in front of me but i'll dig it up and post what it says.

ooooh interesting!

My prediction for the next album?Sometime late next year.

If they were thinking of a release this year we would have heard about it by now.

We can also guarantee that whatever date is first given will be cancelled.

We then have to wait for Bono to lose the tapes.

We then have to wait for Bono to announce that 'The Edge is sounding great on this one'.

Once all of the above have happened we can assume its nearly finished.