Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

News about new album/ U2 in the studio

@Gary-Paul: any news from Dublin?? I'm boring :(

"Meanwhile, U2 are working on a new album between their studio, next to Harry's home in Dublin docklands, and their houses."[/font]

[/font]

Babyface, I was coming on here to find Gary-Paul to confirm this as well. 

Are you also Babyface1411? smile.gif

"Meanwhile, U2 are working on a new album between their studio, next to Harry's home in Dublin docklands, and their houses."

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

babyface82']@Gary-Paul: any news from Dublin?? I'm boring
:(

"Meanwhile, U2 are working on a new album between their studio, next to Harry's home in Dublin docklands, and their houses."

yeah, that's me! who are you?? :)

From NME.com

U2's Bono has claimed that the band's recent recording sessions have been their best "since 1979".

Speaking on Irish TV programme The Late Late Show, the frontman insisted that he and his bandmates had been enjoying a productive streak in the studio, but also said that they were aware they needed to produce "something very special" on their next LP.

Previously, the singer admitted that U2's last album, 2009's 'No Line On The Horizon', hadn't contained as many hit singles as their previous efforts and said that they needed to write some big-selling tunes in order to survive.

Bono, who claimed there was "no sense of entitlement" amongst the band, said:

We've had the best three weeks in the studio since 1979.

He refused to get carried away, however, adding: "I think they [the other band members] are very aware that U2 have to do something very special to have a reason to exist right now."

Last month, Bono rubbished reports which stated he was to become the richest musician in the world, overtaking Paul McCartney.

U2GrammyPA100211.jpgIt was thought that when Facebook was floated on the stock exchange its early investors would earn huge amounts of money, including the U2 singer, who owns 2.3 per cent of the shares in the social media site through his private equity firm, Elevation Partners, which they bought for $90 million (£57 million) in 2009.

However, Bono has denied that his share is now worth over $1.5 billion (£940 million), putting him well above Paul McCartney in the financial stakes, who is currently the world's richest rock star with a fortune of £665 million. Speaking to MSNBC, Bono said: "Contrary to reports, I'm not a billionaire or going to be richer than any Beatle - and not just in the sense of money, by the way, The Beatles are untouchable - those billionaire reports are a joke."

Hi ,

Sorry, I have only been in here quickly so not reading up much (slap on the back of the hand)

I had heard about this on Saturday morning from a photographer friend (but it's still unconfirmed OFFICIALLY)
I see Harry quite a lot and since reading this I will ask him about it, I know all about the new cinema he is involved in @ The Point Village and it would be in his best interest to have U2 attend a premier there, I sincerely hope this goes ahead and I will try my best to get more info on it - I'll be down there (HQ) tomorrow and if I see Harry Crosbie about I shall ask (for my own curiosity.....and yours of course)
Do I know any more.................Ummmmmmmm, YES, But you'll have to torture me to find out !!! (or wait for the photos)  pimp.gif

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

oisin269']My prediction for the next album?Sometime late next year.

If they were thinking of a release this year we would have heard about it by now.

We can also guarantee that whatever date is first given will be cancelled.

We then have to wait for Bono to lose the tapes.

We then have to wait for Bono to announce that 'The Edge is sounding great on this one'.

Once all of the above have happened we can assume its nearly finished.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Although I think the last bit is we have to wait until The Edge is on fire! Then we know it's more or less finished enough to be released because he's absolutely key to U2's sound. 
wink.gif

Well, all the release dates up to know have been cancelled, Bono lost some demos as I saw here..THE only condition that has to be attended to is Edge up in flames..I hope they get it done in good health !!pimp.gif

Just ran across an article on atu2 where Bono was interviewed recently for the Irish Voice. It does mention something along the lines of The Edge being on fire. Although I did notice it wasn't a direct quote so it could very well be wordplay on the part of the reporter knowing us fans like to hear of The Edge being on fire because it means good things are coming. happy.gif 

Although I did take away that they're still working on the album and taking their time to make sure they develop something they're all proud of. It's a good read - 4 pages long. 

Exclusive: Bono on "Spiderman", Mitt Romney, U2, Ireland, the undocumented, and more
U2 rocker gives Irish Voice an exclusive interview for 25th anniversary special
By DEBBIE MCGOLDRICK, Irish Voice Editor
Published Wednesday, June 13, 2012

[quote name='pain_18_ wrote:

Shannon387 wrote:

oisin269']My prediction for the next album?Sometime late next year.

If they were thinking of a release this year we would have heard about it by now.

We can also guarantee that whatever date is first given will be cancelled.

We then have to wait for Bono to lose the tapes.

We then have to wait for Bono to announce that 'The Edge is sounding great on this one'.

Once all of the above have happened we can assume its nearly finished.

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Although I think the last bit is we have to wait until The Edge is on fire! Then we know it's more or less finished enough to be released because he's absolutely key to U2's sound. 
wink.gif

Well, all the release dates up to know have been cancelled, Bono lost some demos as I saw here..THE only condition that has to be attended to is Edge up in flames..I hope they get it done in good health !!pimp.gif

Just ran across an article on atu2 where Bono was interviewed recently for the Irish Voice. It does mention something along the lines of The Edge being on fire. Although I did notice it wasn't a direct quote so it could very well be wordplay on the part of the reporter knowing us fans like to hear of The Edge being on fire because it means good things are coming. happy.gif 

Although I did take away that they're still working on the album and taking their time to make sure they develop something they're all proud of. It's a good read - 4 pages long. 

Exclusive: Bono on "Spiderman", Mitt Romney, U2, Ireland, the undocumented, and more
U2 rocker gives Irish Voice an exclusive interview for 25th anniversary special
By DEBBIE MCGOLDRICK, Irish Voice Editor
Published Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I dont believe the man has any time, thanks for the good read..

No, Larry's cigarette caught the lapel of his shirt... he really WAS on fire...

No, Larry's cigarette caught the lapel of his shirt... he really WAS on fire...

Hope he didn't burn his lovely chest! pimp.gif