Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

U2 New Album in 2013 | U2013 [MERGED]

Arcade Fire will release their fourth album in 2013, it has been confirmed today, alongside a host of other huge albums due from record label Mercury
The fourth album from the Canadian band would be the follow-up to 2010’s critically acclaimed ‘The Suburbs’ and is confirmed for a 2013 release.
This will be Arcade Fire’s first release since their song for ‘The Hunger Games’ soundtrack. 
The track ‘Abraham’s Daughter’ was written specifically for the film, with frontman Win Butler telling Entertainment Weekly: “Our whole approach was to get into the world and try to create something that serves the story and the film. There's something in the story of Abraham and Isaac that I think resonates with the themes in the film, like sacrificing children. So we made a weird, alternate-universe version of that.â€
Mercury Records also confirmed new albums from Metallica, U2 and Noah and the Whale, which will all contribute towards a good year for the record label.
UK label president Jason Iley said: "2013 could be one of the best years Mercury's ever had."

From: http://www.gigwise.com/news/74539/arcade-fire-u2-metallica-confirm-2013-album-releases

squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

VERY IMPORTANT QUOTE HERE I THINK.

"Mercury Records also confirmed new albums from Metallica, U2 and Noah and the Whale, which will all contribute towards a good year for the record label."

Given that this is coming from an official record label, and not Bono's bongolese rambling, the pinch of salt with which I take news about U2's new album will this time be less 'salty'.

@U2, July 13, 2012
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Mercury Records, which is U2's label in the UK, has apparently announced that U2 will release its next album in 2013. The news was reported a few hours ago in a pair of tweets by the London-based Music Week.

"2013 could be one of the best years Mercury's ever had," said UK label president Jason Iley.

Iley is a friend of U2's going back many years. In fact, U2 left Island Records in the UK for Mercury Records in part, the story goes, because the band wanted to continue working with him. So, he would seem to know what he's talking about.

I'd just add this caution: U2's record labels have previously announced when new albums would be released, and U2 has sometimes missed those target dates (think Pop). Mercury may expect a new album next year, but U2 generally decides when it's ready to put out a new album, whether the label likes it or not.

Excellent.  That is awesome to hear.  Thanks for posting this. 

I'm starting to get really annoyed by al this "we've been working on 3738 albums and we don't know what to do with it"-thing.

I prefer they shut up for 4 years and then surprise us with something, not uninteresting U22 news we've been hearing about for months now.

, not uninteresting U22 news we've been hearing about for months now.

totally agree! wink.gif

Yep! Nice. Can see it being the normal before christmas 2013 period, the traditional November release.

how are they going to top the 360 tour.

I think they are going back indoors next. 

Yep! Nice. Can see it being the normal before christmas 2013 period, the traditional November release.

You think they'll take that long? I was hoping for Summer/Fall tour... eyes.gif

I tweeted U2 I hope I get a reply, and thats really kewl a new album in 2013.. Look forward to hearing it..

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

KatzMuzik']how are they going to top the 360 tour.

I think they are going back indoors next. yes arenas with some small venue warm ups.

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final album?laugh.gif  (hope not) besides doesn't the world end on Dec 21 this year?  better bring the release date forward so we can hear itwink.gif

Cool hopefully we'll have the next best of or another remaster before then??

I think they are going back indoors next. yes arenas with some small venue warm ups.

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final albumlaugh.gif  (hope not)

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

yes arenas with some small venue warm ups.

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final album?laugh.gif  (hope not) besides doesn't the world end on Dec 21 this year?  better bring the release date forward so we can hear itwink.gif

Is this official? The last album?

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

MacFoley']Yep! Nice. Can see it being the normal before christmas 2013 period, the traditional November release.

You think they'll take that long? I was hoping for Summer/Fall tour... eyes.gifYeah i can see it. Tour to start indoors Feb 2014....smokin.gif

Anytime next year will do me,,, better start saving for the tour! :) definitely doing Dublin this time round.

joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley']

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final album?
laugh.gif
  (hope not) besides doesn't the world end on Dec 21 this year?  better bring the release date forward so we can hear it
wink.gif

Is this official? The last album?

The deal with live nation should mean we get another album after this next one. Gonna have to check that now!

Think if I remember it could be a 3 album + tours deal. So we got 2 albums and 2 tours left possibly?!... On the LN deal anyway.

joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley']

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final album?wink.gif