Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

U2 New Album in 2013 | U2013 [MERGED]

Yeah can't wait!!! I also want a summer/fall tour or maybe a little bit later so I can save some money 2 :D

I'm def going to dublin then, I have to... scratch that... need to see them there at least once!!!

Think if I remember it could be a 3 album + tours deal. So we got 2 albums and 2 tours left possibly?!... On the LN deal anyway.

Cool! 

I don't understand why they signed that contract with Live Nation. Sure, you make sure another PopMart doesn't happen but on the other hand you're a slave to 'the machine'.

U2 should make music because they feel like it not because they're contractually obliged to

I want to get really excited but I am afraid to. Despite that being offical word from mercury, I still wouldn't be surprised if something changed as it so often has in the past.

Adam says 'moment of surrender' will be around for a long time yet in 'live' shows in U22 so I suspect the band will be

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

joshthetree wrote:

MacFoley']

I think they are going back indoors next. 

yes arenas with some small venue warm ups.

13th studio album in 2013, the last supper?  U2's final album?
laugh.gif
  (hope not) besides doesn't the world end on Dec 21 this year?  better bring the release date forward so we can hear it
wink.gif

Cool hopefully we'll have the next best of or another remaster before then??
Is this official? The last album?

Nah...just starting a conspiracy theorywink.gif

Adam says 'moment of surrender' will be around for a long time yet in 'live' shows in U22 so I suspect the band will be

Good!

I'm also hyped for Arcade Fire and Metallica, because that means they'll be all over the festivals for the next 2 years - that combined with a U2 tour gives me the excuse to save lots of birthday/Christmas money!

I don't understand why they signed that contract with Live Nation. Sure, you make sure another PopMart doesn't happen but on the other hand you're a slave to 'the machine'.

U2 should make music because they feel like it not because they're contractually obliged to

True dat! laugh.gif

I am so excited that U2 is putting out a new record in 2013. Anyone else think they should put out a greatest hits record from 2000-2010. They could do it in time for Christmas. A double disk would be great with some live tracks for the 360 tour and I would love to have "Winter" and "

Soon" on it. Mercy could be the single. A guy can wish right:)

I am so excited that U2 is putting out a new record in 2013. Anyone else think they should put out a greatest hits record from 2000-2010. They could do it in time for Christmas. A double disk would be great with some live tracks for the 360 tour and I would love to have "Winter" and "
Soon" on it. Mercy could be the single. A guy can wish right:)

Nope, not right, they should cut through any 'Greatest Hits' feelings they have and go straight to The Record  !!!

Anytime next year will do me,,, better start saving for the tour! :) definitely doing Dublin this time round.
I'll see you there! Bucket list for me! Hope it's indoors or at Slane Castle.

And, I truly hope this record announcement will not turn out to be a Greatest Hits release!! eek.gif

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

utwothefly']Think if I remember it could be a 3 album + tours deal. So we got 2 albums and 2 tours left possibly?!... On the LN deal anyway.

Cool! 

Yes mate happy.gif ..Just read the deal is for tours, this place and merch only,,, but to tour they have to release an albumwink.gif

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

utwothefly']Anytime next year will do me,,, better start saving for the tour!
:)
definitely doing Dublin this time round.

And, I truly hope this record announcement will not turn out to be a Greatest Hits release!! eek.gif

Hoping for indoors... although i've never done indoors with u2 so im not sure how GA will work out? 

I agree with MacFoley.Late next year for a release.Tour to start in the US early 2014,summer in Europe.....

I agree with MacFoley.Late next year for a release.Tour to start in the US early 2014,summer in Europe.....
Your keyboard to their ears! My dream scenario! I've been saying this is my plan for a year now. My 50th bday in Dublin summer of 2014!!! Oh yes!

And, of course, I'll go see them everywhere in the US within a 4 hour drive. That means DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Pittsburgh. I'd really LOVE to see them in Chicago too - they are always so great there. But they are great in NYC too and I won't be able to swing Chicago and Dublin. 

God, please make this happen. Thank you. Me.

oisin269']I agree with MacFoley.Late next year for a release.
Tour to start in the US early 2014,summer in Europe....

Your keyboard to their ears! My dream scenario! I've been saying this is my plan for a year now. My 50th bday in Dublin summer of 2014!!! Oh yes!

And, of course, I'll go see them everywhere in the US within a 4 hour drive. That means DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC, Pittsburgh. I'd really LOVE to see them in Chicago too - they are always so great there. But they are great in NYC too and I won't be able to swing Chicago and Dublin. 

Same, if they don't ask too much for tickets I'll try to do Philly obvs and then NYC and Boston/DC

I still think we'll have it before next year's summer

It'd be good for me too - I'll have finished my A levels by summer 2014, so a London gig would be a good opportunity to celebrate having finished school education!

After watching them since I was a teenager (far too many years ago), I thought the last tour looked like the big stages were starting to catch up with them. Bono sounded a little breathless because of dashiing around and his voice wasn't pitching or carrying as well as it has done down the years.

So I'd much prefer it if they ditch the stadiums and scaled it all down a little.

[quote name='danielsentana wrote:

mdmomof7 wrote:

Same, if they don't ask too much for tickets I'll try to do Philly obvs and then NYC and Boston/DC

I still think we'll have it before next year's summer

They did Charlottesville in 2009, so I'd try for that too. wink.gif Boston is too far for me. 

I hope that they do what they did with Glastonbury last year and do a big one-off UK gig not in an arena or stadium, but in a big field, disconnected from the tour. You get quite a few bands doing this - Foo Fighters did it with those 2 gigs at Milton Keynes last year (the rest of the tour is all stadiums, arenas and festivals), Red Hot Chili Peppers did it a few weeks ago when I saw them at Knebworth (and also their gig at Sunderland, which I did not attend), and Muse did it last year with Reading & Leeds.

If they just do a set of UK arena dates I'll be fine, but if they do a big one-off near where I live, or a festival that I'm in a good position to get to...count me in!

Yep! Nice. Can see it being the normal before christmas 2013 period, the traditional November release.
Yep...I was going to say October/November release as well...putting my money on it with a 2014 tour to follow.

[quote name='utwothefly wrote:

mdmomof7 wrote:

utwothefly']Anytime next year will do me,,, better start saving for the tour!
:)
definitely doing Dublin this time round.

And, I truly hope this record announcement will not turn out to be a Greatest Hits release!! 
eek.gif

Hoping for indoors... although i've never done indoors with u2 so im not sure how GA will work out? 

Indoors is the shiznit!!!  Way better than stadiums!  And as far as GA is concerned...let's hope that the lotto system does NOT come back...I like first come first serve better.  Everyone was happy during the Elevation tour but the Vertigo tour...that lotto system just didn't seem fair...for example someone arriving at 6pm could go right into the front pit without ever having to wait in line all day.  Anyway, to answer your question, GA would be no different other than that there would be far less the amount of tickets available because of the smaller floor and harder to come by...which is why I'm still a paying member.  wink.gif