Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

U2 New Album in 2013 | U2013 [MERGED]

how are they going to top the 360 tour.

I believe U2 will never do anything bigger than the 360 tour again. What they decide to do from here on out is anyone's guess??

I think we need a vote off of when the album will come out and then a count down clock

[quote name='realgonekid wrote:

KatzMuzik']how are they going to top the 360 tour.

I believe U2 will never do anything bigger than the 360 tour again. What they decide to do from here on out is anyone's guess??When they do a farewell tour they could play mega venues like Knebworth.

[quote name='joshthetree wrote:

realgonekid wrote:

KatzMuzik']how are they going to top the 360 tour.

I believe U2 will never do anything bigger than the 360 tour again. What they decide to do from here on out is anyone's guess??
When they do a farewell tour they could play mega venues like Knebworth.

If U2 played Knebworth I'd be onto it instantly. I live almost slap bang next to Knebworth and, as I mentioned, saw RHCP there a few weeks ago. Also, given its history as a venue hosting major artists, it would be a great place for U2 to host a gig!

I hope U2 or U2.com will say something about a new album very soon!
roll.gifroll.gif

It's Quite simple what's happening with this album. U2 have to get to their heart again and take those session to somewhere else, right now almost everybody agrees the Achtung sessions, with their tension, were the best in the band's career.

Right now the question to be asked is :"Are the current sessions, the ones that Bono mentions, better than the Achtung ones?" face it people, U2 included, they have to be better, in the sense that they bring something that has never been done before (for real this time, ALTHOUGH I like No Line On The Horizon, when I heard the solo The Edge performed at the sessions for Magnificent and then realized it has been left out, I went: "Bad Choice The Edge, Very Bad..wth.gif">

1) I have to state that I totally disagree with Bono's relevancy dilemmas BUT I understand what he means, he's just not satisfied with his art, he wants to do better, he knows he can, he just can't arrive there for the moment. It's understandable that if one part of U2 doesn't work accordingly to the direction the band has to go-namely Bono or anyone else for that matter-the whole thing isn't gonna come to a valuable conclusion.

2) I terribly disagree with Bono's desire for pop-songs (and I don't mean Pop like POP-songs) for me, this is the Artistical Death of U2.
3) Bono, don't try to compete with Gaga, You of all should know U2 and that thing can't be put in the same sentence together, that's why I am not going to end it with any punctuation mark
4) Fans from U2.com, don't get excited with these news, nothing's gonna be out until U2.com announces it, until everything's official, even so, The Edge might spawn a genius solo and run into the mixing room to record it on the very evening of the final mixing  (or whatever one of the final stages is)-that's what he did on One (see U2byU2).
5) I trust U2 will find the right way, I really hope so !!

It's Quite simple what's happening with this album. U2 have to get to their heart again and take those session to somewhere else, right now almost everybody agrees the Achtung sessions, with their tension, were the best in the band's career.
Right now the question to be asked is :"Are the current sessions, the ones that Bono mentions, better than the Achtung ones?" face it people, U2 included, they have to be better, in the sense that they bring something that has never been done before (for real this time, ALTHOUGH I like No Line On The Horizon, when I heard the solo The Edge performed at the sessions for Magnificent and then realized it has been left out, I went: "Bad Choice The Edge, Very Bad..wth.gif">

1) I have to state that I totally disagree with Bono's relevancy dilemmas BUT I understand what he means, he's just not satisfied with his art, he wants to do better, he knows he can, he just can't arrive there for the moment. It's understandable that if one part of U2 doesn't work accordingly to the direction the band has to go-namely Bono or anyone else for that matter-the whole thing isn't gonna come to a valuable conclusion.

2) I terribly disagree with Bono's desire for pop-songs (and I don't mean Pop like POP-songs) for me, this is the Artistical Death of U2.
3) Bono, don't try to compete with Gaga, You of all should know U2 and that thing can't be put in the same sentence together, that's why I am not going to end it with any punctuation mark
4) Fans from U2.com, don't get excited with these news, nothing's gonna be out until U2.com announces it, until everything's official, even so, The Edge might spawn a genius solo and run into the mixing room to record it on the very evening of the final mixing  (or whatever one of the final stages is)-that's what he did on One (see U2byU2).
5) I trust U2 will find the right way, I really hope so !!
I agree with most of what you say but again I've always felt it's a mistake to think the band will produce another Achtung. that album was right for its time and place, and going back there or trying to get there now in 2012 it won't work. 
Obvs they need to steer clear of the radio hits as much as Bono wants them and produce music they feel its right. Even when they're 'wrong' (like Pop, No Line) they produce fantastic stuff. 

Danielsentana, I was saying exactly what you affirmed just now, I didn't say they have to do another Achtung, I said they have to go to that place, to change things, as for the radio and popsongs, Bono, again..NO, Bono, Gaga=death, Bono, again, did you get that?????

Danielsentana, I was saying exactly what you affirmed just now, I didn't say they have to do another Achtung, I said they have to go to that place, to change things, as for the radio and popsongs, Bono, again..NO, Bono, Gaga=death, Bono, again, did you get that?????
Ah sorry guess I read it too fast laugh.gif

But yes please no blatantly obvious pop songs.

What is happening in here, people ?? Say something, cat got your tongues ??

Here's another way I could see it work...

Album released in spring 2013, tour kicks off in March/April with US arena tour dates finishing in June. In summer the band play in Europe, most countries except for the UK/Ireland - they come to the UK and Ireland in late October/early November to do a full run of gigs. Late November/December sees the band playing Australia & New Zealand, perhaps do a New Year's Eve gig there. Then in Feb/March/April/May 2014 they do some gigs in South Africa, South America, Mexico and possibly Japan, then in summer 2014 MAYBE play a few festivals (or just one).

I can see the first half but why do you think they'll leave the British Isles for the cold weather?

And I can see them doing two legs in the US if it's arena sized

They claim they are making the best music (in studio) since 1979. To be groundbreaking, and I mean REALLY groundbreaking, they would have to chop down 'Boy' and start from scratch. 'Boy' is where their sound became well known outside of Ireland. I'd love to hear U2 play like they did on 'Boy' again. Or something to that effect.

I can see the first half but why do you think they'll leave the British Isles for the cold weather?

Quite a few bands do UK indoor arenas around that time of year. I saw Arctic Monkeys in London around that time last year, and I'm seeing Muse around that time this year. 

Or, possibly, they'll do the UK in March/April time (like I saw Elbow and Jamiroquai do last year) and do the US in May/June/July like last year.

I think it's very unlikely the band will start touring before fall 2013. Otherwise they'd need to announce the tour dates before actually releasing their new album. Hurry up, guys wink.gif

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

danielsentana']I can see the first half but why do you think they'll leave the British Isles for the cold weather?

Quite a few bands do UK indoor arenas around that time of year. I saw Arctic Monkeys in London around that time last year, and I'm seeing Muse around that time this year. 

Or, possibly, they'll do the UK in March/April time (like I saw Elbow and Jamiroquai do last year) and do the US in May/June/July like last year.
Oh of course it's arenas, they can play no matter the season! laugh.gif
I think for South America, Asia and Australia tho they'll go back to stadiums. And the album should be out before June 2013 I guess (four year rule since NLOTH)

still no news from the band?? :(

Bono and Larry were in France last week.

Maybe they could have spent their time not only having fun but working in new songs or planning some stuff for the new album and tour.

At least, I hope so.

I hope MacFoley is right and they go back indoors for the next tour - I want an excuse to take my kids to NYC, and U2 at MSG is the best excuse I can think of!

I hope MacFoley is right and they go back indoors for the next tour - I want an excuse to take my kids to NYC, and U2 at MSG is the best excuse I can think of!

MSG is a brilliant venue, loved itsmile.gif

[quote name='febottini wrote:

babyface82']still no news from the band??
:(

Bono and Larry were in France last week.

Maybe they could have spent their time not only having fun but working in new songs or planning some stuff for the new album and tour.

At least, I hope so.

For god's sake, leave the band in peace and let them have some time off. They only finished a 3 year tour last year and already they're doing the next album, give them a bloody break. If Bono and Larry were in France last week relaxing them let them do so. Good things come to those who wait didnt you know tongue.gif

There was talk from the touring team and co that U2 would go back indoors on the next tour. Also I have read that it could extend to outdoors when they tour Europe next, same with South America, but that is just rumours. But I also read that stage designs are already being thought about for the next U2 tour and they are constructed for indoor venues, that was a few months ago.