Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Bono is mentioned at Republican National Convention

Former Arkansas governor-turned conservative talk show host Mike Huckabee brought up Bono’s name during a speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida Wednesday night.

Huckabee told the GOP audience he’s had “the privilege of working with Bono for the past few years†on the ONE campaign to fight AIDS, hunger and disease around the world, and he called the Irish rocker a “great humanitarian.â€

Huckabee recalled Bono describing his admiration for the U.S., saying we’re “more than a country,†we’re “an idea.â€

Huckabee continued, “And he reminded me that we are an exceptional nation with an extraordinary history who owes it to the generations coming after us to leave them with an extraordinary legacy.† Huckabee then advised the crowd, “If we don’t change the direction of our nation now, our bequest will be nothing but an extraordinary shame.â€

From: http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/08/30/u2s-bono-garners-mention-at-republican-national-convention/

Did Huckabee mention how the Republicans are blocking millions of dollars of aid to Africa for food for starving people and babies who are dying every day of hunger.  mad.gif  I'm really feeling anger around the politics in this USA country, and the more I think about it, the madder I get.  I'm feeling angry about the capitalistic neoliberal rhetoric pervasive in politics, specifically but not limited to the Republican agenda. mad.gif

Oh so thats why your angry ?? Well Governments will be Governments but not earthly ones forever..

And ps, so kind of you Bono, well done..

The idea of religious freedom.....was a nice one.

Only problem was the mass murdering/enslavement/destruction of an entire people, so you could practice your religion on their land.

Real nice concept.

Im sure Jesus would approve.

The idea of religious freedom.....was a nice one.

Only problem was the mass murdering/enslavement/destruction of an entire people, so you could practice your religion on their land.

Real nice concept.

Im sure Jesus would approve.

I agree because Mike Huckabee is known to want to turn America from a Democracy to a Theocracy which worries because not everyone has the same religious beliefs.

I've calmed down a bit.  Politics are getting thick in my State, ( I'm really, really, almost Canadian ! ). I'm focusing more on the actions I can take to improve my life and others in my community. I've had an interest in politics most of my life, and I'm feeling it's good for me to stay somewhat involved. I have some fear around the issues of freedom and human rights, feeling like the Republican agenda will set the Civil Rights Movement back over 50 years ! My whole lifetime !