Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Bono finds what he´s looking for in Stradbally

That´s a very nice story!

bono-electicpicnic-banco.jpg

BONO may, as his iconic song goes, have climbed the highest mountain and scaled city walls in almost every corner of the world looking for it and still hadn’t managed to find what he was looking for.

If he had just come to Stradbally all those years ago when he first started out on his expedition, he would have found it and saved himself a hell of a lot of torment.

25 years ago the U. front man set off on his quest in search of it on his album The Joshua Tree.

It took him until Friday evening to find it in Kehoe’s Pub in Stradbally. But the question always remained: what was it he was looking for?

The mystery has now been solved.

At about .pm a man walked into the pub and approached the bar owner Nicola Kehoe-Delaney with an unusual request.

Taking up the story, Nicola said: “This lad came in and said he was Bono’s stage manager. He said that Bono was up at the (Electric) picnic looking at a friend of his (Gavin Friday) playing. He said that Bono wanted to know could he have a lend of a bar stool to sit on while looking at Gavin Friday playing. He said he’d bring it right back when Bono was finished using it. I was a bit taken back by this. At first I though it was a joke. I took a chance and gave it to him. I thought to myself, well, that’s the end of that. It’ll be the last I’ll see of that stool. A few hours later your man comes back in carrying the stool and told me that Bono was very grateful for the use of the stool and had signed it.â€

Nicola says she now intends putting the stool on display in the pub.

From: http://www.laois-nationalist.ie/tabId/153/itemId/15989/Bono-finds-what-hes-looking-for-in-Stradbally.aspx

I seen this and I find it a little hard to beLIEve -

Bono attended with Ali (and Edge) and was accompanied as ever by his personal bodyguard .. I can't imagine him sending anyone off just to find a stool (was there nothing sufficient there..???) and also if you look t the supposed autograph - It's possibly the worst Bono sig about, Looks nothing like what he'd do and knowing Bono, with all this blank space (if he were to sign it) I can't imagine him just plainly writing his name without putting some sort of message, date OR doodle on there too - It's just nothing like what he'd do, I think it was just the pub looking for a bit of publicity and now they're gonna display a dodgy looking autographed stool to try get punters in... Hmmmmm

Tell me you wouldn't have gone with the guy to deliver it in person. That's what I'd have done.

Ido not think it's a lie, because Bono can just declare that too, and that would be most embaressing!!

Funny story, don't know if it's true. Me too would have gone with him to deliver personally.