Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Edun´s new collection

Bobby Kaiser (actor), Gina Gershon (actress), Michael Stipe (R.E.M.), Jordan Hewson, Ali Hewson, Alicia Keys

ali-edun2.jpg

NEW YORK — One doesn't usually think of a harsh military green as a color that will come off well on the fashion runway.

But at Edun, the label founded by U2 rocker Bono and his wife, Ali Hewson, the color is used by designer Sharon Wauchob to embody toughness. Along with designs like a camouflage print, cargo pants, and utility vests, it's part of a protective "outer layer" that envelops softer, sexier items in fabrics like silk and chiffon.

"That's the duality of the Edun girl — soft but edgy," Hewson told the Associated Press after the show. "This time, we wanted to take the intimacy of the bedroom out to the street. So for example you have cargo pants — but in silk."

Also seen frequently in Edun's Spring/Summer 2013 preview Saturday, held in a cavernous space next to a huge post office on Manhattan's west side, were crochet patterns, meant to reflect urban grids. Hewson said the crochet items were among her favorites for a special reason. "They're done by the 'crochet sisters' — an order of nuns in Kenya that we've been working with for four seasons," she explained.

Edun was founded in 2005 by Bono and Hewson to promote change through a trading relationship with Africa. Of the 39 outfits displayed in the current collection, 18 included garments that will be produced in Africa or made from fabrics sourced there.

As befitting a label headed by a celebrity couple, the Edun shows are big draws for fellow celebs, often musicians. On Saturday, singer Alicia Keys was on hand, as well as R.E.M. frontman Michael Stipe. Also there: actress Gina Gershon, and actor/singer Reeve Carney, of "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" — the Broadway show with music by Bono and the Edge, of course.

"I love sexy clothes, so this was good for me," Keys said after the show.

Gershon said it had "lovely nice flow to it. And I love what the company stands for."

I just bought a blouse from Edun. It's beautiful!

Can vouch for the poem scarf.....

Its super soft and warm, and with a few wraps around the neck, keeps the cold air out, but you stay "cool"...

It is very classy looking and well worth the cost to help others in the marketplace.

I highly recommend it!

(psst..its on sale now for only $30 usd)

Can vouch for the poem scarf.....

Its super soft and warm, and with a few wraps around the neck, keeps the cold air out, but you stay "cool"...

It is very classy looking and well worth the cost to help others in the marketplace.

I highly recommend it!

$10 for shipping. ohwell.gif

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

xtraspicy62']Can vouch for the

I highly recommend it!

$10 for shipping. ohwell.gif

Its well worth it, as its normally 60$ just for the scarf alone.

at a total of 40$, its a beauty, and very well made...will last a long time...

it is made in Uganda (at least mine was), and supports people there to make some money for their families...

for me it was an investment, and hey...gotta admit, it was like getting a hug from bono when I wrapped it upon myself!

On the day I posted my comment here, I got an email saying the Edun needs my creditcard info because the billing info wasn't correct. Would they mail out things before credit approval is received? I can't find a phone# on the site to call. I have had my creditcard info stolen twice thus far, what would you do?

On the day I posted my comment here, I got an email saying the Edun needs my creditcard info because the billing info wasn't correct. Would they mail out things before credit approval is received? I can't find a phone# on the site to call. I have had my creditcard info stolen twice thus far, what would you do?
I would not email the credit card info. I'd email them to provide a phone number where you can call them!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

mdmomof7 wrote:

xtraspicy62']Can vouch for the

I highly recommend it!

$10 for shipping. 
ohwell.gif

Its well worth it, as its normally 60$ just for the scarf alone.

at a total of 40$, its a beauty, and very well made...will last a long time...

it is made in Uganda (at least mine was), and supports people there to make some money for their families...

for me it was an investment, and hey...gotta admit, it was like getting a hug from bono when I wrapped it upon myself!

I admit to have a long standing shipping overcharge hot button. However, I've wanted this scarf for a LONG time. And my dh always ribs me for complaining about high shipping charges. OK, I'll cave. I'll blame it on both of you. And, I LOVE the idea that it supports those in Uganda who make it for us. 

Thanks! wink.gif

I must say how pleased I am w/ Edun. I ordered the scarf and on the same day they shipped it. It arrived the very next day! It shipped from only a few hours away, but still very impressed! Thanks again for the tip on the sale. The next day, it is now back up to full price!

I have shopped there before as well and had no problems. I trusted the email and provided the creditcard # as well as my phone #. I do have theft protection on the card. And I do trust Ali. Maybe it was just an oversite.

Thanks for the link Mac. I say, keep going, they can turn it around. Great company, standing for great powerful things. Talk about making the world a better place!

I had seen that report of Edun's finances. I can't afford their stuff, but surely all the rich celebrities could. Come on and do your part!

If I was rich, I would definately wear their clothes and promote them. They seem to have a specific goal in mind with what they are trying to achieve, that's cool.

What I would like to see is them going more mainstream and making it affordable for us common folk. The thing is, if you make it accessible to us, we wont let you down, we will back you, big time!

I must say how pleased I am w/ Edun. I ordered the scarf and on the same day they shipped it. It arrived the very next day! It shipped from only a few hours away, but still very impressed! Thanks again for the tip on the sale. The next day, it is now back up to full price!
yes! really great to hear it!! and so glad you got in before they pulled the sale too!!banana.gif

Ive got mine folded in half and wrapped around my neck for extra warmth....

have you tried yours on yet? how do you wear it?

what do you think?

The quality of the fabrics is very good, a price needs to be paid for that, therefore also I always wait till sales. That scarf is really warm, comfortable and nice to wear.

My downside is the customer service part, this could be organized much better. Now there's (I believe) one person, and only in the US. Often I've ordered something available online, but several days later you get a mail it's not in stock anymore. Also noticed they've shortened quite there amount of resellers. I offer to organize their customer service for free :)

The quality of the fabrics is very good, a price needs to be paid for that, therefore also I always wait till sales. That scarf is really warm, comfortable and nice to wear.

My downside is the customer service part, this could be organized much better. Now there's (I believe) one person, and only in the US. Often I've ordered something available online, but several days later you get a mail it's not in stock anymore. Also noticed they've shortened quite there amount of resellers. I offer to organize their customer service for free :)

The Edun t shirts I have, the material is really thin. Easy to tear, you have to be careful when putting it on. I have a couple of tee's made by them. 

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

malahidemarina']The quality of the fabrics is very good, a price needs to be paid for that, therefore also I always wait till sales. That scarf is really warm, comfortable and nice to wear.

My downside is the customer service part, this could be organized much better. Now there's (I believe) one person, and only in the US. Often I've ordered something available online, but several days later you get a mail it's not in stock anymore. Also noticed they've shortened quite there amount of resellers. I offer to organize their customer service for free
:)

The Edun t shirts I have, the material is really thin. Easy to tear, you have to be careful when putting it on. I have a couple of tee's made by them. mac, did you order from edun.com or did you get those tees from the merch cart at 360?

edun had some very nice concert tees at shows, and a lot of us got them...

so, do you like the scarf?

how do you like to wear yours?

Its expensive ?? When you take a slice of cake does your mother pay for it ??