Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anjana

Zoo Musical Review!

I never bothered with the Kaisers. I saw them at Reading this year and wasn't too impressed.

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

maarten']Editors are great! I saw them live at Rock Werchter, what an amazing show! The audience is amazing and the band is in great shape!

Got into them a while before their last album was released. Great band, deserve a lot more recognition over here than what they actually get.

Editors are amazing, seen them a few times, do deserve more recognition .....

Been listening to quite a bit of new music, mainly of the metal variety. I've discovered this band called Halestorm, who are awesome judging by what I've heard so far. Lizzy Hale, the lead singer, is one of the best singers I have ever heard.

I've also listened to Soundgarden's new album - NME were streaming ahead of it's release next week. It is definitely picking up from their last record, which they made before they split up in the late 90s (they reformed 3 years ago) and while it's not a masterpiece it's definitely solid. Been Away Too Long, Non-State Actor and Worse Dreams are definitely ones that I'll enjoy listening to again.

NME have also streamed Deftones' new album, which is released next week as well. I just finished listening to it and I must say that it is superb. Deftones are in my opinion one of the best and most innovative metal bands of the last 15 years, and this new record is not a let-down at all, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's their best yet. Yes, fellow Deftones fans, I DID just say that it topped White Pony.