Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

"Who is Bono?" says Neil Young in a interview with fans

Neil Young took part in a Twitter Q&A session earlier today (October 24), in which he asked his fans "who is Bono?".

The legendary rocker made the dismissive comment about the U2 frontman after he was asked what his opinion was of the band Foster The People. Young was asked by @akemi99 "what do you like about foster the people? #askneil btw, bono said he likes them, too... it is surprising two super stars like them..". Young replied: "who is Bono?".

Ha ha ha! Bravo, Mr. Young. The addition of Bono to the question was needless. It should have just been about Mr.Young's interest in the other musicians.

its official ....what i knew ALL ALONG........NEIL YOUNG IS AN A-HOLE!!!!

Hehehehe that's funny! Must be a case of denial lol;)

Neil Young is a legend love his music, sounds like he's beginning to suffer from senile dementia though.

Then again who is Bono? He only seemed to pop up evey five years or so with some band called U2. Do U2 still exist? I thought they split up a long, long time ago???

Ohhhhhhh Josh now you're just being controversial LOL ;D

lol =0) ...besides didn't the ZOO-TV concept rip-off Neil Young's 'Keep on Rockin' in the Free World' video??

I thought it ripped off Big Country's 'Republican Party Reptile'?

I'm just reachin'....

its official ....what i knew ALL ALONG........NEIL YOUNG IS AN A-HOLE!!!!

Just because Neil Young doesn't like Bono you think he is an asshole?

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

liljbau']its official ....what i knew ALL ALONG........NEIL YOUNG IS AN A-HOLE!!!!

If you already don't like Neil Young, sure. 

It doesn't mean he doesn't like Bono. He likes himself more and was being cheeky. Although, didn't he just recently say something else about Bono?

[quote name='Sunflower1mdp wrote:

MacFoley wrote:

liljbau']its official ....what i knew ALL ALONG........NEIL YOUNG IS AN A-HOLE!!!!

If you already don't like Neil Young, sure. 

Lots of people think Bono is an asshole. How does that make you feel?I sometimes think he is, but still love U2. Nowt wrong with that.

He's making a joke. As if there's anyone left in the free world" who hasn't heard of Bono. I thought it was funny.

And isn't this a tabloid doing what they do best? - inciting hatred by calling the comment "dismissive" of Bono.  

He's making a joke. As if there's anyone left in the free world" who hasn't heard of Bono. I thought it was funny.

And isn't this a tabloid doing what they do best? - inciting hatred by calling the comment "dismissive" of Bono.  

laugh.gif"> there

[quote name='peterferris8 wrote:

mdmomof7']It doesn't mean he doesn't like Bono. He likes himself more and was being cheeky. Although, didn't he just recently say something else about Bono?

There was this: http://www.atu2blog.com/less-or-no-bono-more-sinatra-thats-what-neil-young-wanted/42207/Yep, that's it. Grrr... Neil needs to take a bath , have a shave, and then he can keep on rockin' in the free world and shut his mouth when he's not! wth.gif

[quote name='mdmomof7 wrote:

peterferris8 wrote:

mdmomof7']It doesn't mean he doesn't like Bono. He likes himself more and was being cheeky. Although, didn't he just recently say something else about Bono?

There was this: 
Yep, that's it. Grrr... Neil needs to take a bath , have a shave, and then he can keep on rockin' in the free world and shut his mouth when he's not! wth.gif

To be fair to Bono, his speech was long but Frank was taking his time. Young though is allowed to speak his mind.

I just think it is not big of a deal.

know nothing about him personally......DETEST MOST of his music ....can stomach a couple songs

so.....i will retract the "a-hole comment"

I think Neill was just taking the piss. I'm sure he respects Bono. He did afterall okay the use of 'Keep On Rockin'' for the Vertigo tour right?

Or are we facing another future 'Send In the Clowns' debacle?

"2 3 4, 2 3 4. Why must I hiiihide from myself, when I neeeed the crooowd. Bring on the crooowd. I looove this croooowd."

Nobody be mean to old Neil. wink.gif He's a Rock Icon. smokin.gif We went to his show at the Hollywood Bowl, he rocked hard. Enough said. :D

[quote name='MacFoley wrote:

mdmomof7 wrote:

peterferris8']

There was this: 

Yep, that's it. Grrr... Neil needs to take a bath , have a shave, and then he can keep on rockin' in the free world and shut his mouth when he's not! 
wth.gif

To be fair to Bono, his speech was long but Frank was taking his time. Young though is allowed to speak his mind.

I just think it is not big of a deal.

I think Neil was blaming organisers for putting ceremonies on TV and forcing winners to cut short their speeches as much as he was blaming Bono for taking a long time to get to the point, and thus preventing Sinatra from saying everything he wanted to.

It's all just harmless 'celebrity' banter, I bet it would make Bono grin knowingly wink.gif just ribbing one another!