Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basher1

Bono Musician or Save the World'er???

[quote name='Alma1 wrote:

Jake99']it's all about the music for me..what Bono has been doing in his spare time is fine and we need a celebrity as congenial and truthful as he is to get message to the powers that be..I don't mind the theme of poverty and AIDS being brought to the stage. It shows relevance. But during a gig, I would like to see the Bono babble notched down a bit , we get it and don't need a 15 intro speech to tell us about it..even after all of it...bottom line, comes back to the music

Who is Bono flipping the bird to in this Gif? Anyone know for sure? (Btw, if it's coming from Bono, I'm sure it's deserved.)

If you followed the tour you would of understood with his return in Torino and the next five shows, he fliipped the bird as a sign showing that his back is healed, ready to rock and the press that wrote rumors that he was done were told to fuck themselves.

Jake99']it's all about the music for me..what Bono has been doing in his spare time is fine and we need a celebrity as congenial and truthful as he is to get message to the powers that be..I don't mind the theme of poverty and AIDS being brought to the stage. It shows relevance. But during a gig, I would like to see the Bono babble notched down a bit , we get it and don't need a 15 intro speech to tell us about it..even after all of it...bottom line, comes back to the music

Who is Bono flipping the bird to in this Gif? Anyone know for sure? (Btw, if it's coming from Bono, I'm sure it's deserved.)

If you followed the tour you would of understood with his return in Torino and the next five shows, he fliipped the bird as a sign showing that his back is healed, ready to rock and the press that wrote rumors that he was done were told to fuck themselves.

just to set the death penalty crap straight...that is, to show you EXACTLY where I stand .......if it is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt (which is pretty much hard to do nowadays with the justices systems being a joke, not into finding the truth, but arguing each side's case , right or wrong)......for instance if a man IS CAUGHT IN THE ACTING OF RAPING A 3 YEAR OLD .......I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH HIM BEING EXECUTED ........

so , YES .....i am for the killing of SOME people

i really dont know how to answer the whole "bush , blair criminal/ afghanistan , Iraq" thing other than saying i dont think aid to other parts of africa should be refused . I must be truthful and admit i didnt thoroughly research all the intricacies of these wars....i DO think they are wrong overall. I dont believe in war.

I also dont believe people are "looking to bono" to save things.....bono started this himself and I'm just proud of what he does ......I COULD DO WITHOUT IT ......but i do not dislike it

i also think its extremely cool that the drummer is very displeased with some of Bono's activities , yet the group presses on and functions......

just like i can stay around even though basher is here

Hey don't let me stop you leaving make sure the door doesn't smack yer arse on the way out though but then again everyone wants to stay with Basher.....you'll have to take a ticket and join the Q.

so one countrys deaths is more important than anothers???? .....good to know where you stand.

However please show me where i have said Bono contributed in these wars or indeed having anything to do with war deaths?????....don't seem to remember actually saying he was involved in them???? what i said was i don't believe he should have got into bed with them where in that statement am i saying he was involved in those wars or indeed contributed to anyones deaths in those wars??? but like Youngman why let facts get in the way eh???

Um, well, gee Basher, I dunno, it seemed to me there was SOMEthing you said about Bono being "in bed with" war criminals. or...some such. Hmmm... eyes.gif

[quote name='basher1 wrote:

Alma1']Gotta run. Might not check in again for a few days. YoungmanU2 & Basher: now you guys be civil to each other while I'm gone! Calm down & Achtung Baby.

Which in normal speak is "shit i can't answer what has just been put so i need to go away and look through the whole thread to see if Basher did say those things".........

Uh...yeah...riiiight. I suppose you Might have said Bono 'played tennis with' war criminals instead of being "in bed with" them...or...whatever. I'm starting to wonder about your childhood & let me SINCEREly say: I Sincerely hope you weren't neglected or abused.

[quote name='redandwhitepebble wrote:

basher1']so one countrys deaths is more important than anothers???? .....good to know where you stand.

However please show me where i have said Bono contributed in these wars or indeed having anything to do with war deaths?????....don't seem to remember actually saying he was involved in them???? what i said was i don't believe he should have got into bed with them where in that statement am i saying he was involved in those wars or indeed contributed to anyones deaths in those wars??? but like Youngman why let facts get in the way eh???

his drummer agreed with you Bash! and said so publicly too

Agreed with 'Bash' about what - war deaths? Can't stand someone jumping into a SERIOUS conversation about SERIOUS things just to throw in some irrelevant little back-pat - for what - to try to score a quick, cheap, shallow popularity point w/the person whose back they're patting? Because - what - the shallow back-pat-thrower just happens to be more familiar with the person whose back they're patting than the other commenter? rolleyes.gifsick.gif

(The 1st emoticon is just eye-rolling but the 2nd one is puking.)

"Bash" & "Pebs" : If I'd've seen the "Pebs" part b4 I left my previous comment, I would've done more puking emoticons. Here's a veritable pukefest. sick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

The blind leading the blind.

Or the blind joining the blind.

But I'm being kind.

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

Alma1 wrote:

Thanks for explaining, Jake. NOW BONO JUST NEEDS TO TELL THAT TO SOME MORE PEOPLE. He certainly missed a few. wink.gif

just like i can stay around even though basher is here

I hear you. I can get along with just about ANYone in this world. And I don't 'hate' Basher or anything like that. (I'm not a hater.) But I had just agreed with Basher about a couple of things he said - & then right afterward he acted like I might as well have accused him of...oh...I dunno...raping 3 year olds or something. Actually, he was acting like I accused him of saying that Bono started the Iraq War. I think maybe Basher actually said that Bono sent beds to Iraq. Which then started the Iraq War. So he's trying to accuse him indirectly because of the beds or something. I think. Who knows. tired.gif

Hidden

i also think its extremely cool that the drummer is very displeased with some of Bono's activities , yet the group presses on and functions......

Liljbau: Yes. U2 always presses on & even does more than function. They Excel.

I sometimes think "the drummer" is JUST JEALOUS of Bono. Seriously... I've actually read that Larry wished he was the singer. And what does Larry do for philanthropy? How Exactly does he put his celebrity media-power, status, &/or his Billionaire money to some concrete Use for helping the multitudes of destitute & less fortunate in this world??? Now There's a question for an entirely new message-board thread. Anyone on the boards care to give that question a shot? See, because with BONO No One Has To Even Wonder to begin with.

Jake99 wrote:

Alma1']

Thanks for explaining, Jake. NOW BONO JUST NEEDS TO TELL THAT TO SOME MORE PEOPLE. He certainly missed a few. wink.gif

Say, are you from Sao Paulo by chance Alma?

Jake99 wrote:

Alma1']

Jake99 wrote:

Alma1']

[quote name='Jake99 wrote:

Alma1 wrote:

Jake99']If you followed the tour you would of understood with his return in Torino and the next five shows, he fliipped the bird as a sign showing that his back is healed, ready to rock and the press that wrote rumors that he was done were told to fuck themselves.

Thanks for explaining, Jake. NOW BONO JUST NEEDS TO TELL THAT TO SOME
MORE
PEOPLE. He certainly missed a few.
wink.gif

Nope. Why?

In Sao Paolo I hope their message-boards don't often devolve into this kind of thing: "Yes you did." "No I didn't." "Yes you did." "I did not." "You did too!" "No. I. Did. NOT. - Did you hear me? I did Not." "Well...I seem to Really remember that you DID." "Well then you have the reading skills of a 4 yr old or you didn't read what I said in the 1st place." Etc. (Now imagine all of that in another language.)

But then it only gets like that sometimes here a relatively small amount of the time. But we're big boys & girls so we all seem okay when all is said and done - we recover & life goes on. smile.gif

Jake: I'll have to see your answer later. Don't know what part of the world you're in, but it's sleep-time on my part of the globe. Catch you later.

I believe that this forum is a place where everyone can express their own views and opinions, and have them respected and acknowledged, regardless of whether a person agrees with them or not.

What I see in this whole thread is someone relentlessly attempting to hammer out a one-sided "discussion", and whenever someone else expresses an opinion that does not agree with that persons view, they are derided and dismissed in a flurry of personal insults.

Particularly in the past few posts, all I can see is spitefulness and a deliberate attempt to scorn and mock other people on the forum, which is not the type of conduct that the Terms of Service for this forum calls for.

Alma, I've said it before and I'll say it again. From your conduct on these boards, I don't think you are a very nice person at all. And I for one don't welcome you here at all either.

This thread has clearly deviated from its original purpose.

There's no other option but to close it.