Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xtraspicy62

Massive Benefit 12-12-12---will U2 be there?!

From examiner dot com LINK

Today it was announced what many had been speculating for several weeks, The Rolling Stones have been added to "12/12/12: The Concert For Sandy Relief." A lineup that already includes Paul McCartney, The Who, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Roger Waters, Billy Joel, Eddie Vedder, Dave Grohl, Bon Jovi, Chris Martin, Kanye West, and Alicia Keys was already shaping up to be one of the most legendary concert lineups ever assembled. Now, with the addition of the Stones, it is difficult to dispute this as the biggest single concert event in the history of popular music.

With concerts scheduled at Newark's Prudential Center on December 13th as well as Saturday, December 15th, many thought it might only be a matter of time before the Rolling Stones were added, or at the very least front man Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards as they appeared at "The Concert for New York City" following September 11th. Along with this announcement was the recent addition of a wide range of celebreties, most of which hail from the tri-state area. Billy Crystal, Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, John Stewart, Brian Williams, Jimmy Fallon, Steve Buscemi, and Jake Gyllenhaal, among others were also announced to be making appearances.

The concert will be simulcast live around the world across various television networks as well as in movie theaters, free of charge, in areas affected by the storm. In a matter of weeks this event has grown into a music event to rival most others before it, and it is certain to raise plenty of additional awareness and assistance to areas that were devastated by this unprecedented storm through its fundraising with the Robin Hood Relief Fund. Additional information on the concert can be found on the concert's official website.

bono is living more in new york now bc of his daughter eve going to school there...

wonder if bono will drop in and do a duet with someone, some other type of surprise?

wish I was there! U2, and U22 Spicy!
well they are sold out now, but if you go their website (see link)

they show radio and tv stations as well as websites that will be live streaming it

some movies houses will be showing it on the screen live, as well.

Bono's too busy travelling around the world to talk to some world leaders and if he's not they are in the studios. WE WANT THAT BLOODY ALBUM!

Bono's too busy travelling around the world to talk to some world leaders and if he's not they are in the studios. WE WANT THAT BLOODY ALBUM!

Let's hope that your source close to the Hewsons is right about the album being released within the first 6 months of next year...

I would be sooo happy to see that they'd join in the support! Let's hope it happens!

Ok, I don't know whether to be amused by Adam Sandler or mad b/c I love the song "Hallelujah"

OMG...billy crystal said that there are 2 billion people watching...

and if we all only donated one dollar...

thats 2 billion dollars!!!!

and there are rock stars and celebrities taking our calls!!

I wanna call and get someone famous!!

Ok, I don't know whether to be amused by Adam Sandler or mad b/c I love the song "Hallelujah"

hi michelle!

are ya gonna donate?

I so wanna...but first Im holding out to find out whos on the panel before i do...but i still am anyways...

The relief is AWESOME! HOPE REMAINS to see and hear part/all of U2....COME ONE BOYS!!!

The relief is AWESOME! HOPE REMAINS to see and hear part/all of U2....COME ONE BOYS!!!
hi...hope u2 shows up, but they are not on the line up tonight...

oh man, i wanna call and get whoppi !!

[quote name='xtraspicy62 wrote:

mich40']

hi michelle!

Hi Spicy!