Sign in to follow this  
Zhivvy

Have To Count!

5451 They are very loud, lol and love Italy to death and their beautiful cities and wish no one else did so could enjoy them properly, lol. Would love to go back one day without the crowds in the off-season!!! When we entered Istanbul, we sailed right past the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia - what a stunning entry into Istanbul. Visited both and loved both!!! Really stunning architecture!!! And the underground cistern was incredible too. Istanbul was an awesome city!!!!

5452 - maybe i should go and see it one day. Sounds like an amazing first view you had of the city 

5452 And Ephesus . . . this ancient city so well preserved. They have only excavated a small portion of it, but it is an incredible experience to walk along the ancient roads and climb up the steps of the amphitheater, etc. The Turkish people seemed really happy to have us experience their cities and wanted so badly for us to enjoy it. They were so warm and inviting. Such an awesome experience!!

• Upvote 1

5453 Yes, do go one day . . . you won't be disappointed. 

5454 and climb up the acropolis, lol

5455 - well i will be in Greece Friday morning, but not in Athens alas

And i will get to Turkey one day - promise :)

5456 Friday? How long will you be gone and where will you be traveling this time? You always have such interesting itineraries. Please send me Greek food!!!!!!

5457 - just a short trip this time - fly out friday with Eleanor and fly back monday by myself as she has three weeks there with my parents! Lovely small village in the north of Greece. Will send you greek food - not sure how fresh it will be by the time you get it!

And did I tell you - July 28th - DUBLIN!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) 

• Upvote 1

5457 By the way, best church ever is St. Mark's in Venice . . . . . we had a private after hours tour of the entire thing and it is the most gorgeous church I've ever seen!!!!!! I've been to Venice several times, but had never gone inside and so, so, so glad I finally did.

5458 I think Greek food would be fabulous even if it weren't fresh, lol

5459 - oh you are so lucky to have gone inside the church - did you get any pics?

And will send you some stale spinach and feta pie then lol! 

5460 Yes, lots of pics inside. Apparently it isn't normally allowed, but they let us, so my son took lots and lots. Every inch of every wall and ceiling is done in gold mosaics!!! Will post pics soon.

Yes, to spinach and feta pie even though stale, lol. And maybe some dolmates (spelling?) Hey, could you send me one of those Greek goddess dresses? You know the gauzy ones? Would like to wear it while eating my stale Greek food  :D

Dublin? Yeah!!! Will be fun, I'm sure. Please give Bono my regards and ask him to kindly send me a copy of the latest and greatest tunes!!! Are you doing a driving tour of Europe this summer?

5461 - My friend has a shop which sells those dresses so can get you one of those. And the vine leave things, and pie :)

And Dublin will be great - me and my friend for three nights just listening to that lovely accent *swooooooon*  And will pass the message to Bono!

And no driving this summer, will make up for it next year!

5462 Oh love those dresses, so filmy and gauzy - would feel like Athena in one of those, lol!!! And agree about those swooony accents, lol!!!! 

Have to go as my son is calling me to watch a movie with him. Three weeks of non-stop being with me and he still isn't sick of me!!! What a lovely good son!!!!

Take care and talk tomorrow if not busy preparing for Greece?

xoxoxo

5463 - sounds like a perfect son!! 

And in prison all day tomorrow - training inmates to be samaritans

But will catch up with you soon 

5466 Good morning. If nobody counts (and sets the numbers right) I do. 

5467 Good evening from me, got my meeting starting in half an hour for 2 hrs, but if I dont get tired, I'll be back afterwards  :ph34r:

5469 Well goodnight all, have a lovely day, im tired so am going to sleep :) chat tomorrow

5471 Afternoon all. England not playing well today...

5473 Hi everybody! Welcome back Janette, glad your home safe and sound. 123love, love your new avi. Hi guys!wave1.gif

5475 Hi AnaSpanishEyes, do love your name. Welcome to the counting thread or sometimes miscounting thread..but not lately. We are being good counters atm.  :)