Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

febottini

Mick Jagger 'to Call Bono For Advice'

23 posts in this topic

Sir Mick Jagger has revealed he will be calling U2 frontman Bono and singer Bruce Springsteen for advice ahead of this year's Glastonbury festival.

The Rolling Stones frontman said he will also discuss his Glastonbury festival debut with Coldplay's Chris Martin.

He told the BBC's Colin Paterson that any festival can be "problematic" and he wants to be prepared for the June gig.

All the Fatman can tell him is he pretty much stood static on stage as it pissed down with rain incase he slipped and ripped his leather trousers..... :ph34r:

All the Fatman can tell him is he pretty much stood static on stage as it pissed down with rain incase he slipped and ripped his leather trousers..... :ph34r:

he did rip them and had to sellotape his legs :)

And Pink Pop in the Netherlands?

he did rip them and had to sellotape his legs :)

maybe the mango made them too tight :o

As mentioned, Mick, DON'T under any circumstances wear leather trousers!

and Mick don't step out in the rain, you'll just get even more wrinkly ^_^

and Mick don't step out in the rain, you'll just get even more wrinkly ^_^

And if it does rain, get someone to clear as much water as possible off the stage! Or tell them to cover the stage in fabric so that it soaks it all up!  :lol:

Mick is in damn good shape for his age.

He needs to take care, seriously, not to get injured on that slippery stage.

When bono  busted his lumbar disc it was really a scary situation.

Mick is in damn good shape for his age.

He needs to take care, seriously, not to get injured on that slippery stage.

When bono  busted his lumbar disc it was really a scary situation.

Except it's not definitely going to rain? Look at the weather in 2010!

mind you, I have a theory that last year Bono placed an order for some rain with the heavens just to re-capture some of that red rocks magic again ;) and of course to see who would be devoted (I chose my words carefully lol) enough to stay in the crowd getting soaked, it just adds to the atmosphere!

mind you, I have a theory that last year Bono placed an order for some rain with the heavens just to re-capture some of that red rocks magic again ;) and of course to see who would be devoted (I chose my words carefully lol) enough to stay in the crowd getting soaked, it just adds to the atmosphere!

mind you, I have a theory that last year Bono placed an order for some rain with the heavens just to re-capture some of that red rocks magic again ;) and of course to see who would be devoted (I chose my words carefully lol) enough to stay in the crowd getting soaked, it just adds to the atmosphere!

If only we had of seen red rock bono ,the bono without fear holding the people in the palms of his hands instead of the fearful Glastonbury bono. That gig could of and should of been so much better

>mind you, I have a theory that last year Bono placed an order for some rain with the heavens just to re-capture some of that red rocks magic again ;) and of course to see who would be devoted (I chose my words carefully lol) enough to stay in the crowd getting soaked, it just adds to the atmosphere!

If only we had of seen red rock bono ,the bono without fear holding the people in the palms of his hands instead of the fearful Glastonbury bono. That gig could of and should of been so much better

I would have loved to have seen Bono come out in the rain to the crowds - but seriously that mud at the front of the stage was a danger - security people slipping and a sliding and getting stuck etc....By the looks of how the stage was layed out and the steps at either side of the extra front bit of the stage there could have been a plan to be out to the crowd - but as someone at the front of the crowd and stuck in that mud (and injured in the mud) I don't blame anyone for not wanting to leave the stage. 

I agree Zhiv, Bono is great when he is out there getting the crowd going but after that awful back injury he had I can't blame him if he was cautious, rather that than having to postpone part of a tour due to injury eh. The Red Rocks Bono in his 20's is a joy to watch but in his 40's/50's the joy of movement may not be quite the same lol, he'd be hard pushed picking a gal up by the waist now and swirling her around without a back support!! lol

2uge4p4.gif

I agree Zhiv, Bono is great when he is out there getting the crowd going but after that awful back injury he had I can't blame him if he was cautious, rather that than having to postpone part of a tour due to injury eh. The Red Rocks Bono in his 20's is a joy to watch but in his 40's/50's the joy of movement may not be quite the same lol, he'd be hard pushed picking a gal up by the waist now and swirling her around without a back support!! lol

2uge4p4.gif

He'd have needed a forklift truck if he had chosen me :)

2uge4p4.gif

He'd have needed a forklift truck if he had chosen me :)

Nah he wouldn't have had the chance to pick you up, you'd have him in your lap before he could blink (that sounds unintentionally rude lol) :lol:

Mr. Jagger, I'd like to recommend these Dr. Scholl's non-slip work shoes.

They are available at your local big-box retailer for about $35 and will kept your strut steady on that wet Pyramid stage.

FF_iA12595.jpg

As for the leather trousers... I'd go with denim.

or these multi-function ones, they'd soak up any rain, keep him warm and provide a sock (distinctive too!)  :D

9715987_L.jpg

hahahahah COOOL I must have them!!!!

Mr. Jagger, I'd like to recommend these Dr. Scholl's non-slip work shoes.

They are available at your local big-box retailer for about $35 and will kept your strut steady on that wet Pyramid stage.

FF_iA12595.jpg

As for the leather trousers... I'd go with denim.

hey, I like these shoes!

but unfortunately, they dont look very sexy.

perhaps mick can have some just like them Custom Made?

or these multi-function ones, they'd soak up any rain, keep him warm and provide a sock (distinctive too!)  :D

9715987_L.jpg

Those are hilarious!