Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Rumour About New Tour

The website U2 Valencia has posted about a rumour of the new U2 tour.

It would be 6 concerts in 6 cities in 2014. And the world tour only in 2015.

You can ready the full story here (in spanish).

Am guessing it reads the same as what was posted on FB earlier

Here's the first of the rumours about incoming U2 tour:
new U2 tour is coming in 2014 with 36 gigs in 6 towns - 6 gigs in each of 6 towns. First rumour was given by radio "Tarda Tarda" then later denied on Twiter by same Radio. But I may say that I have heard absolutely same rumour 5-6 months ago by one of the admins on one of the most frequent U2 fan pages.

6 concerts in one town seems like overkill and weird but maybe they're making stage that can't be moved as easily as the 360 one.  ;)

Good grief! Remember when Leeny started the guess the tour kick off date to win dental floss BLOG? I guessed Jan 15, 2015 from Africa. Maybe I'll be right if we don't count the six in six for 2014.

Will the

Edge wear his 7 T-shirt if they play six in six?

• Upvote 1

Not one to be moved by (or start rumors) BUT I had heard this (or more something close to this) in Dec from a very good source but like most things I hear I never really gave it a second thought (well not all of it)

During a conversation I was told an idea had come up about them doing something like ''3'' shows in Dublin & wherever other cities BUT doing them as ''3'' different shows as in the first being in a small venue then a medium sized place then a stadium show - I was told they got the idea from the Rolling Stones who done something like this previously (I Did not know that) It was only when I seen this new ''Rumor'' that I thought it sounded (kind of) the same...

It's a great idea (IF TRUE) and would certainly be amaZing to catch them in a smaller capacity ie Vicar St OR The Olympia in Dublin..

Anyhow - As I said Im not one for rumors but thought I'd add my bit of information...

So, Let the rumors begin / eXpand  

Here we go!! :lol: I think rumours are way of entertaining ourselves in the silent world of U2.com news! If they're only gonna report 'official' news here then we're gonna be waiting a while so what the hell, let's get rumourtastic and maybe start making up some of our own for sheer amusement value!

• Upvote 1

Here we go!! :lol: I think rumours are way of entertaining ourselves in the silent world of U2.com news! If they're only gonna report 'official' news here then we're gonna be waiting a while so what the hell, let's get rumourtastic and maybe start making up some of our own for sheer amusement value!

I agree  :ph34r:

For the record - when I was told of the ''3'' gigs I asked for tix for the 'small' venue............ We'll see when it happens / IF it happens

I hear they may be playing small gigs in fan's front rooms, I'd be up for that, I have high ceilings, could be good acoustics :lol:

I hear they may be playing small gigs in fan's front rooms, I'd be up for that, I have high ceilings, could be good acoustics :lol:

Oh no, this would mean housework th_smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

That'd be a weird one. If it's three different sized gigs, then I'm not sure which one I'd go to!

Oh-oh, I didn't think this through :lol:, maybe distract them with some iced buns and toasted tea cakes while I clean the bathroom!!

That'd be a weird one. If it's three different sized gigs, then I'm not sure which one I'd go to!

I have a sneaky suspicion you'd have to try out all three ;)

PS. can anyone tell me how to multiquote please, I can never get it to work :wacko:

you click MULTIQUOTE on each of the post you want to quote and then the final click on the little pop up you should get on your screen saying on a black background how many posts you quoted

hoping it makes sense to you :)

Edited by monica martino

you click on each of the post you want to quote and then the final click on the little pop up you should get on your screen saying on a black background how many posts you quoted

hoping it makes sense to you :)

thanks Monica, I will try it again... :)

(no box pop up box appeared but it did put 2 quotes in one post, yey progress! ta muchly :D )

Edited by Anjana

Anj I edited my post

you need to click on MULTIQUOTE

you have 2 posts in one when you are too quick :D

In that case I'd better start saving, and get a job!

Anj I edited my post

you need to click on MULTIQUOTE

you have 2 posts in one when you are too quick :D

Cheers, I tried both, multiquote highlights but doesn't do anything at my end, the post stays blank but if I click 'quote' on 2 posts it seems to do it - tho not quite as I'd want but I can edit bits so it reads properly I s'pose. (Still learning!)

In that case I'd better start saving, and get a job!

I started saving after the last tour lol, I knew I'd want to go to NYC this time round and Dublin...kerrrr-ching!

I had a houseful of Zootops last summer - fitted about 30 or so in the living room and kitchen (and some stragglers in the garden) - took my poor floors weeks to recover from all the spilt booze and the Glasto looking garden aftermath. But was amazing and would do it every weekend if possible :)

If they were playing my living room Zhiv, they'd be an audience of one (and two cats), I'm way too selfish to share them lol, I'll conveniently ignore 'love and community' on that one! They'd still have to take their shoes off, use coasters and put the toilet seat down, lol, I have my standards! (and I bet one of them will have holey socks!!)

• Upvote 1

Haha coasters.

Well, this is fun to consider.

So, if it was an acoustic concert I could host it no problem. I have a big backyard with fire pit and the house is big enough but if they wanted to amplify anything, we're looking at a permit. I live in a national park. Someone might call out a warden on us for frightening the wildlife.

Madonna had a concert in a national historic site last year though so we might be able to get it through.  :rolleyes:

Not one to be moved by (or start rumors) BUT I had heard this (or more something close to this) in Dec from a very good source but like most things I hear I never really gave it a second thought (well not all of it)

During a conversation I was told an idea had come up about them doing something like ''3'' shows in Dublin & wherever other cities BUT doing them as ''3'' different shows as in the first being in a small venue then a medium sized place then a stadium show - I was told they got the idea from the Rolling Stones who done something like this previously (I Did not know that) It was only when I seen this new ''Rumor'' that I thought it sounded (kind of) the same...

It's a great idea (IF TRUE) and would certainly be amaZing to catch them in a smaller capacity ie Vicar St OR The Olympia in Dublin..

Anyhow - As I said Im not one for rumors but thought I'd add my bit of information...

So, Let the rumors begin / eXpand  

Years ago I saw Mary Black in The Olympia, but that venue is far too small for a U2 concert.

During the Joshua Tree tour U2 played in Foret National (Brussels), with a capacity of only 8.000 to 9.000 people. The hunt for tickets was horrible. Not to be repeated if you ask me.

This idea has been mentioned a bit in other forums beforehand, and it would be interesting to see if they'd ever do something like this. Forgive me for asking, but is the rumor that they would play six total shows in 2014, or six shows in each city? I can't imagine them playing a city just once in that situation! :lol: