Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zhivvy

What You Watching?

OMG!! I ADORE the pic of the cat!! Is there a way for me to cut and paste it to put on my FB? LOVE IT!!

Then I see you have Mr. Butler...yum.....

Got my mind off the lack of enthusiastic petition signers  -_-

I have no TV....the two I had both 'died' w/in a week of each other...like an old married couple or something.....

So everything I see I do through my laptop...I've become a fan of Call The Midwife so much that there's no way I can wait for the next season to go to instant stream so I bought the book (it's based on Jennifer Worth's memoirs)...Thrilled to watch Eve Hewson in This Must Be the Place even through Sean Penn's annoying slow Ozzie like talking....(I found myself completing his sentences 30 min faster than he did!)..has anyone seen that movie?

Maybe the job was stressing him out, it's hard to be polite and kind and upright all the time ;)

since when has fake Ray been polite/kind upright? confused.com

OMG!! I ADORE the pic of the cat!! Is there a way for me to cut and paste it to put on my FB? LOVE IT!!

Then I see you have Mr. Butler...yum.....

Got my mind off the lack of enthusiastic petition signers  -_-

I have no TV....the two I had both 'died' w/in a week of each other...like an old married couple or something.....

So everything I see I do through my laptop...I've become a fan of Call The Midwife so much that there's no way I can wait for the next season to go to instant stream so I bought the book (it's based on Jennifer Worth's memoirs)...Thrilled to watch Eve Hewson in This Must Be the Place even through Sean Penn's annoying slow Ozzie like talking....(I found myself completing his sentences 30 min faster than he did!)..has anyone seen that movie?

'This Must Be the Place' is on my list of must-see-but-haven't-seen-yet.

Also on my list & can't believe I haven't seen yet: 'Lincoln' & 'Les Miserables' (the  most recent movie version because I've seen the original of Les Mis) & no doubt a couple of other movies I can't think of right now.

And I'm Highly anticipating the releases of (w/plans already made to go see) : 'Star Trek 12' (Into The Darkness) & a new version of 'The Great Gatsby.' AND FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW: guess what band has a song used in the movie trailer for the new Gatsby? U2! 'Love Is Blindness.' :)

I watched the film Salt last night with Angelina Jolie and Liev Schrieber. Good film, bit Bond like, bit Bourne like and a nice twist. Good Saturday night film when TV is usually rubbish!

All u have to say is that something is a bit "Bourne like" & I'm there! Love well-done mystery/drama/thrillers & if romance is in the mix, all the better. (For 1 thing, I loved that the original Bourne was filmed in Europe. Not remembering if the sequels were, but I'm thinking they were, too.)

A couple of things I've loved: 'Kitchen Nightmares' (USA) w/ Gordon Ramsay. And 'Bar Rescue' (about whacking bar-&-grill places into shape). They're both about cooking & turning around struggling businesses. I'm very interested in both aspects & only find myself wishing they'd do even more on the cooking side of things. Honest-to-goodness, I know better how to cook a lot of things than some people running restaurant kitchens serving the public! And you & a lot of other people no doubt know better too.

Completely agree, Bourne in any form or era is yummy!

Yup. Totally so! :)

Watching jeremy Kyle - again!! Well staring at the screen with blurry eyes as slurping on coffee number two

Watched Silver Linings last night, I think it was Oscar nominated, can't remember if Jennifer Lawrence won one. It was a good film, different, I didn't quite follow it in places but it was strangely engaging even tho nothing really happened apart from the characters 'journey' for want of a better word. Not sure if was Oscar material tho.

never even heard of that one. I did watch the end of Juno last night - I didn't realise it was on. I love that film.

Going to watch Panorama tonight with the hidden cameras in North Korea. After I have spent half an hour drooling over the hot baker kneading baps  :o

Channel 4 afternoon of quiz shows

Think I may watch the inside of my eyelids and have a nap :)

Watching 'it's complicated' as recommended by Anj 

Watching 'it's complicated' as recommended by Anj 

Did you like it? I loved the laptop/skype scene! Forgot to say watch with a tub of ice cream and a glass of wine!

Watched America's Sweethearts last night, it's not new but never seen it. It's a light hearted satire on Hollywood, stars Billy Crystal, Julia Roberts, John Cusack, Catherine Zeta Jones. It was ok, watchable, the sorta thing such talented actors could probably do in a tea break, no effort required! Worth a watch if there's nothing else on! Often repeated on telly. 

Did enjoy it - very funny. And watched with wine and nachos due to my allergy of ice cream :)

The North Korea programme the other night was very interesting

Watched America's Sweethearts last night, it's not new but never seen it. It's a light hearted satire on Hollywood, stars Billy Crystal, Julia Roberts, John Cusack, Catherine Zeta Jones. It was ok, watchable, the sorta thing such talented actors could probably do in a tea break, no effort required! Worth a watch if there's nothing else on! Often repeated on telly. 

Mock the Week as usual! so little on telly so started to watch the original Star Trek series, got a few episodes in, it's brill, wobbly cheap sets, toy weapons, naff acting! Kinda funny. It was a simpler time!

A pile of crap! Thinking of giving up on Question Time as it is just so diluted from what it used to be like. Need better guests and real questions instead of the audience clearly being selected on preseen questions. 

Later With Jools Holland. Haim are on! Really started to like that band, hoping to catch them at Reading this year.

Love Jimmy Carr - so wrong at times but still so funny! :)

Watched The Kings Speech tonight, loved it, good to see again. Then watched Planes Trains and Automobiles, still hilarious! Now time for bed -_-

Jurassic Park for the first time ever! 

First time for Jurassic Park! Still a goodie. May watch Run Fatboy Run tonight, love it, especially the Simon Pegg/Hank Azaria locker scene, no matter how many times I see that I still burst out laughing! 

I know think I am the only person who has never seen it in the world! Missed some though as my brother called though

Not seen run fat boy run - what channel is that on? 

I have it recorded (I watch it quite a lot!), it's usually on telly during marathon week but didn't see it in the listings , if I see it on one day I'll let you know.