Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scout6

Policing Of The Site

omg! what did i miss?? i'm just living life, working, rebuilding a house and was never aware of all this??!!

the entire blog-section banned from the zoo? zhiv having a love-affair wih basher? zhiv showing her boobs?? peter all grown up now?and leeny is a she-man?

and thats just small part of it!

as for the nude adam pic, really? again?? the band used it on their cover, and its not suitable for kids? why didnt anyone tell me before? that cd's been laying round in this house, for all my kids to see! i'm shocked!

next thing you know, you're tellin me 'bastard' and 'fucked up' are unsuitable laguage for kids too?? bono's been singing that stuff for years, in my kitchen, car, bathroom.... omg...

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....[/quote

hey Zhivs always loved me..

Does that mean that i love you two times now you posted it twice?  :P

Talking about Zhivv's boobs is 1 thing. But a photo of Zhivv naked would be different. I just don't see how that general guideline is any different from just about any other non-x-rated site on the web.

Please can you not use me as an example of me in this way as I find it very offensive. And why would I even think of posting a picture of myself naked here or anywhere else for that matter!!! 

WWOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  (did you hear me send you an arrow for this one?)  ;) 

I cracked up in the break room at work when I read this.  Good thing I was alone.

omg! what did i miss?? i'm just living life, working, rebuilding a house and was never aware of all this??!!

the entire blog-section banned from the zoo? zhiv having a love-affair wih basher? zhiv showing her boobs?? peter all grown up now?and leeny is a she-man?

and thats just small part of it!

as for the nude adam pic, really? again?? the band used it on their cover, and its not suitable for kids? why didnt anyone tell me before? that cd's been laying round in this house, for all my kids to see! i'm shocked!

next thing you know, you're tellin me 'bastard' and 'fucked up' are unsuitable laguage for kids too?? bono's been singing that stuff for years, in my kitchen, car, bathroom.... omg...

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....

Barbara is this going to be another tease?  You come in here, get all of our hopes up that you might stick around this time, and then you disappear again. My heart can't take all of this abuse.

Talking about Zhivv's boobs is 1 thing. But a photo of Zhivv naked would be different. I just don't see how that general guideline is any different from just about any other non-x-rated site on the web.

Please can you not use me as an example of me in this way as I find it very offensive. And why would I even think of posting a picture of myself naked here or anywhere else for that matter!!! 

Zhivvy, I was actually supporting you being allowed to joke the way you do about your boobs, etc. I was pointing out that you don't do things like post naked pictures - & that there's a difference. I didn't say that you do that or have done that. It was an example of something that "would" be different (as I said), but something you don't do. No offense meant at all, nor anything personal. It was meant to provide context & be supportive.

After just being asked by someone not to mention their personal physical traits and use them in an example of posting nude photos, you obnoxiously correct them as to why they shouldn't be upset, and STILL talk about their personal traits and still refer to naked photos.

Seriously, are you missing your frontal lobes?

Should I have used more italics to get my point across?

Zhivvy, I was actually supporting you being allowed to joke the way you do about your boobs, etc. I was pointing out that you don't do things like post naked pictures - & that there's a difference. I didn't say that you do that or have done that. It was an example of something that "would" be different (as I said), but something you don't do. No offense meant at all, nor anything personal. It was meant to provide context & be supportive.

After just being asked by someone not to mention their personal physical traits and use them in an example of posting nude photos, you obnoxiously correct them as to why they shouldn't be upset, and STILL talk about their personal traits and still refer to naked photos.

Seriously, are you missing your frontal lobes?

Should I have used more italics to get my point across?

Can we PLEASE get off the topic of Zhiv's boobs? 

Those things are enough to dash the strongest of women's self-esteem, even among friends here in the blog corner. 

We could talk about her collection of mango pics instead.  :)

For those bollocksing on about the imaginary 14 year olds that come here, and how it is of the upmost impotance to protect these toddlers from boob talk and doodle pictures, from the U2.com T&Cs....

"You must be at least 18 years of age to become a member. We do not allow children under the age of 13 to become members at all. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may become a member with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. By becoming a member, you represent and warrant: (i) that you are at least 18 years of age or (ii) that, as parent or guardian, you agree to these terms and our privacy policy and authorize your child who is between the age of 13 and 18 to use this site, subject to your responsibility for their conduct."

Clearly this site is designed for over 18s and it clearly states that if anyone below this age wants to join then it's at the parent's discretion etc.

If my 14 year old was asking to join U2.com, I'd be much more concerned about thier lame taste in music. ;)

Common decency you think they would follow Terms and Conditions and wilfully accept without making a fuss of what goes on in here....

My daughter, now 21, told me she had learned most of the swear words by third grade from the elementary school bus. She certainly didn't learn them from me!  Believe it or not I would not allow swearing in my house when my children were under age 19.

It was in the news just this week that bras don't support anything and may in fact make our boobs less strong because they don't have to bounce back for themselves. Or something like that.

Someone get a barrel. It's burning time!!!

Are we done here yet folks?

Scout, I suspect that this will be the blog that never ends.  It will go on and on my friend.

I've had a go at reading this stuff from you all, and all I can say... while you give this person fuel and feed her with comments I 'm sure she will carry on with her verbal diarrhoea thoughts! AND if I see her LONG....Replys posted and repost her options...... I might have to put a few words myself!

Hi All

A couple of things,

Zhivvy is a lady, please treat her and the other ladies in a respectful manner. Just because you think something is funny, it could not be funny for the person you are speaking off. She has asked not to be used as an example, and you will stop.

As to the policing, we do our jobs based on the guidelines given***. We also try to do our jobs in the most even and fair manner possible. This is why we have a team, so there is accountability, and we also now have the point and warning system, so no one can give someone they are friendly with a "pass" when they are being naughty. All the mods actions are logged, and must be justified. Which in my opinion is much much better than before where one mod could go on a banning spree based on personal feelings. This is something that I continuously requested in my almost 10 years here and now have.

I've been a Zootopia member since it started, and a mod for almost 10 years, so I predate many of the members, and also know some of our hardcore members little, erm, 'quirks' . This is my 7th Zootopia forum (Blue zoo, rebel zoo, white zoo, Vertigo zoo part 1, Vertigo zoo part 2, Beige Zoo, Current Zoo) and changes occur, some good and some bad, but we are still here. As for those that have left, life changes, I know mine has changed drastically and so people spend their time in other manners. We miss those that have left, and are very happy when they come to visit.

To answer Mick James question, Do I like being a mod? I loved it, now not so much. Regretfully many people think that they can be disrespectful and mean online, but when not in the Zoo all is well. It doesn't work that way. I am of the belief that how you handle yourself, and how you treat people everywhere, both online and offline is what matters. So sadly, I have been very disappointed in some people that I am told are wonderful in real life, but see completely different sides of them on here. It has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I am now unwilling to meet up or attend Zoo (real life) events. Maybe it's the teacher in me.

As for the blog, yes regretfully they created WAY to much work for us, so they are offline. No clue if they ever come back.

Hope this answers questions

Baja

***Zootopia is a Livenation product, and hence follows the TOS given to us by them

To answer Mick James question, Do I like being a mod? I loved it, now not so much. Regretfully many people think that they can be disrespectful and mean online, but when not in the Zoo all is well. It doesn't work that way. I am of the belief that how you handle yourself, and how you treat people everywhere, both online and offline is what matters. So sadly, I have been very disappointed in some people that I am told are wonderful in real life, but see completely different sides of them on here. It has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I am now unwilling to meet up or attend Zoo (real life) events. Maybe it's the teacher in me.

As for the blog, yes regretfully they created WAY to much work for us, so they are offline. No clue if they ever come back.

Hope this answers questions

Baja

***Zootopia is a Livenation product, and hence follows the TOS given to us by them

G'day Baja,

I hope life finds you well!

Thankyou for your thoughtful response.

There was no malice in my question, I just realize as you noted here that you have seen the many lives of this forum.

And as you say I think y'all are familiar with some of our "quirks".

I meant that as a legit question, and I appreciate your legit and honest anwer, so kind regards.

Cheers.

the upmost impotance 

an unfortunate affliction, you can get pills for that now... ^_^

(and before someone points it out I know it has an e not an a after the t but still)

the upmost impotance 

an unfortunate affliction, you can get pills for that now... ^_^

(and before someone points it out I know it has an e not an a after the t but still)

:lol:  zing! I've always been a terrible speller lol

Thank you Baja :)

Spelling lessons for you Mick  :P

come on you guys, really?? zhiv's been called a 'lady' and no one objects??????

i met her many times in here and in real life and believe me: zhiv's no lady! she might try and act like one, but will never be able to keep it up for long.... but we still love her!

and yes, i agree, if you not up to saying it 'in the real world, eye to eye' don say it on the internet either.

for those who do have a habit for hurting people, bein harsh and rude and mean* in real life, you cn never be a real zootop/u2-fan, EVER!

*i work as a hospital-nurse, believe me, i run into rude, disrespectful people every day. sadly.

and i do intent to come around bit more, just work gettin in the way....

:lol: good to see yer back Barbara!

i met her many times in here and in real life and believe me: zhiv's no lady! she might try and act like one, but will never be able to keep it up for long.... but we still love her!

and yes, i agree, if you not up to saying it 'in the real world, eye to eye' don say it on the internet either.

for those who do have a habit for hurting people, bein harsh and rude and mean* in real life, you cn never be a real zootop/u2-fan, EVER!

*i work as a hospital-nurse, believe me, i run into rude, disrespectful people every day. sadly.

I am a lady, it is just you not being one you don't recognise a true lady when you see one :)

I am a lady, it is just you not being one you don't recognise a true lady when you see one :)

Are you a "Lady Lady" or a Little Britain "Lady"???....... :wacko:

Are you a "Lady Lady" or a Little Britain "Lady"???....... :wacko:

Ha, reading all this Lady stuff actually made me think of Little Britain!