Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scout6

Policing Of The Site

No matter how nice & civil & reasonable someone w/a different opinion is & willing to take time to explain a certain point of view, to still have someone insist on calling names, etc...what can u say? Calling me 'Fatman?' Really? Like a maturity level of a 10 year old - totally uncivil.

And the ironic thing is, more people like me would actually, actively support things like the naked Adam pic being allowed here if it weren't for the small percentage of people like that who you just know couldn't be trusted to leave it at that & keep themselves in some kind of civil line. Someone like that is the reason we can't have things like Adam's pic here. Peace out - to those who actually value it.

Oh dear try reading properly Alma don't flatter yerself thinking you are Bono and re-read it I never called you fatman silly person

Hopefully this won't piss people off, but I could really do without the crude pics...and this isn't the place to pick on someone relentlessly - 

Language is just fine..some people talk like that when they are passionate about something.  And what I have also learned, a curse word in the US might just be fine somewhere else. 

People left because of Facebook. 

Mac - I doubt it.

Nah, maybe they'll start the next Pearl Jam instead  :P

Mac - I doubt it.

Nah, maybe they'll start the next Pearl Jam instead  :P

Ha! Maybe so....

Talking about Zhivv's boobs is 1 thing. But a photo of Zhivv naked would be different. I just don't see how that general guideline is any different from just about any other non-x-rated site on the web.

Please can you not use me as an example of me in this way as I find it very offensive. And why would I even think of posting a picture of myself naked here or anywhere else for that matter!!! 

Report it chica!

I knew the blogs were going to be taken away if a rule-breaker kept breaking rules. I simply think people should care about the community as much as they care about saying or doing every little thing that they feel like doing.

Alma, you were so sure the blogs would be taken away because of the repeated 'rule breaking', were you?

I see you have only been a member here since August 2012.  As I have been an active blogger for more than 3 1/2 years, I can fill you in on some of what you missed. :ph34r:

Bloggers have been swearing :o and posting vulgar pics :o and lovingly calling each other horrible names :o (which to newbies probably looks like we hate each other) for as long as I have been here.   For example...

One of my best blogging mates has been pushing the issue of my gender identity for as long as he has known me.  :rolleyes:  He can't help it; he lost his personal relationship with Jesus...pray for him.  That, and he thinks he can harass me cos I'm a blow in and he claims he is not.

Zhiv, I mean another mate most often arrives drunker than a blue nosed Scot (any blue nosed Scot, mind you, I'm not pointing fingers).  She also has a pathological fondness for leather, and lures others to depravity with wild parties, then posts pics of her evil ways (and her unmentionables tag :huh: ).

Our youngest regular (is the Spanish prince still a teen?) boasts of his repeated conquests. I'm quite certain he knew how to swear in several languages before he met any of us.

One mate shares stories of her close relationships with wild animals, while another dreams of being held as a sslave in a shed.

And one unnamed mate knows just what to do to send me running for a cold shower, but that's our little secret. ;)

Then there is the lab coat cover up.  We all know there must be some thing more to that project than meets the eye!  They can't possibly just be doing it for love and peace, can they?

I, of course, have been angelic at all times.

Anyway........

My big question (not for you Alma, but a question for the starry sky) is, "What happened?"  You see for all those years bloggers ignored rules left and right, and there was no big problem of which we were aware... no indication that we were digging our own blogging grave.  A few loons in and out over the years had us a bit nervous, but other than that we were grand. The blogs merrily existed for years in spite of the 'rule breaking'.  IMO they thrived because of the rule breaking.  So what happened in the last few months that the very same blogs that used to exist so merrily, now are off limits?  If the blogs didn't change, and the rules didn't change, what did?

Hi Leeny. (I appreciate u discussing things, btw.) As I understand it according to something that 1 of the mods said, there is at least 1 thing that changed. I'm referring to the blogs after the New Years month-&-a-half-or-so shutdown. The software in the new blogs didn't allow mods to delete just 1 comment, as I understand it. They had to delete the entire original blog w/all the comments attached to it - which we all suffered through. It was something horrible for everyone - & it wasn't fair to the original blog-creator or other commenters if they weren't the 1 who broke a rule. I'm thinking the software for the previous blogs was different. Hope that helps. :)

Newbies quickly realize that the stuff u mentioned saying to each other is said affectionately :wub:  - the stuff that u said probably looks to them like u hate each other. Last summer, I remember seeing the 1st kind of posts like that between a couple of people & thinking - oh no - that person just insulted that other person (or their country). My heart went out to the person who I thought was insulted. But, by the end of just that very 1st 2 days or so, I could tell it was affectionately. Remember that long post u did once in the past to bigwave (& all mods maybe) that said something like if they got to know u guys they'd fall in love w/u? (Not sure if it was after the Easter shutdown.) I thought that post of yours was lovely. But I really think they already do have a good sense of people here - but they are probably simply enforcing rules that were always there anyways & doing it equally in order to not play favorites, etc. The reason I could tell the blogs would probably be taken away is that the signs were there. Things kept getting deleted left & right for someone breaking rules, which seemed like an overall warning in & of itself. I wanted to post something about it after awhile like 'don't u think the mods will reach a limit of dealing w/it & they might take the blogs completely away - why not just listen to them?' But I didn't want to bother anyone & I didn't think it would've made a difference anyways.

But I do think it's also like Tan said in an earlier post. 1 person or group might say things or post images w/an innocent intent or affectionately towards each other, but that's not the intent of everyone on the net in our world today who says & posts those things especially around minors. When I was 13-14 yrs old, music was very much on my radar & becoming important to me. I think it's a horrible idea to basically say who cares about the fans in that age range - just bar them from the site. (Not saying u yourself have said that.) Larry was that age range when he started U2. How could anyone be so dismissive of minors as if they don't matter? I also agree w/bigwave when he says context matters, but I would also add that degree matters. Talking about Zhivv's Manhattan-sized boobs doesn't bother me. Things like that aren't getting deleted either. Innuendos & vulgar jokes & references are still allowed. Bono flipping the bird is a reference to f__, but if there were a pic of him doing what he's referencing, that would be different. Talking about Zhivv's boobs is 1 thing. But a photo of Zhivv naked would be different. I just don't see how that general guideline is any different from just about any other non-x-rated site on the web. Like bigwave said, I don't see things getting overly deleted. U guys crack me up so much of the time, so I honestly think - how can anyone say they're not having any fun? I do see all the vulgar references that don't get deleted at all. I was thinking it's maybe like 1% of stuff that gets deleted.

Alma, I suggest you should think before you post about other Zootops before you start going keyboard crazy again. Some might get offended with your views, esp if you don't know them, which is probably the case.

Talking about Zhivv's boobs is 1 thing. But a photo of Zhivv naked would be different. I just don't see how that general guideline is any different from just about any other non-x-rated site on the web.

Please can you not use me as an example of me in this way as I find it very offensive. And why would I even think of posting a picture of myself naked here or anywhere else for that matter!!! 

Zhivvy, I was actually supporting you being allowed to joke the way you do about your boobs, etc. I was pointing out that you don't do things like post naked pictures - & that there's a difference. I didn't say that you do that or have done that. It was an example of something that "would" be different (as I said), but something you don't do. No offense meant at all, nor anything personal. It was meant to provide context & be supportive.

Hopefully this won't piss people off, but I could really do without the crude pics...and this isn't the place to pick on someone relentlessly - 

Language is just fine..some people talk like that when they are passionate about something.  And what I have also learned, a curse word in the US might just be fine somewhere else. 

People left because of Facebook. 

I like your reasoning, Terri. Nice to see you again. :)

123love: You're too funny. Lol. I'd rather be watching Casablanca. I think I'll go do that. ^_^

Zhivvy, I was actually supporting you being allowed to joke the way you do about your boobs, etc. I was pointing out that you don't do things like post naked pictures - & that there's a difference. I didn't say that you do that or have done that. It was an example of something that "would" be different (as I said), but something you don't do. No offense meant at all, nor anything personal. It was meant to provide context & be supportive.

Why would anyone want to post a picture of themselves on a forum?

yes i know that it would be an example but as i said i do not like to be used as an example in this way. And of course I don't post naked pictures of myself here or anywhere else like I previously said - I may like a laugh but i also have standards! 

And the only support that me and my boobs need is a good bra thank you! 

omg! what did i miss?? i'm just living life, working, rebuilding a house and was never aware of all this??!!

the entire blog-section banned from the zoo? zhiv having a love-affair wih basher? zhiv showing her boobs?? peter all grown up now?and leeny is a she-man?

and thats just small part of it!

as for the nude adam pic, really? again?? the band used it on their cover, and its not suitable for kids? why didnt anyone tell me before? that cd's been laying round in this house, for all my kids to see! i'm shocked!

next thing you know, you're tellin me 'bastard' and 'fucked up' are unsuitable laguage for kids too?? bono's been singing that stuff for years, in my kitchen, car, bathroom.... omg...

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....

Maybe that explains your children then Barbara :) - only joking, you know how much I love your children and how nice they are which is a surprise considering their mother  :P

And yes - you use my name a lot! How dare you!!!!

ik hoe van jou  :wub:

omg! what did i miss?? i'm just living life, working, rebuilding a house and was never aware of all this??!!

the entire blog-section banned from the zoo? zhiv having a love-affair wih basher? zhiv showing her boobs?? peter all grown up now?and leeny is a she-man?

as for the nude adam pic, really? again?? the band used it on their cover, and its not suitable for kids? why didnt anyone tell me before? that cd's been laying round in this house, for all my kids to see! i'm shocked!

next thing you know, you're tellin me 'bastard' and 'fucked up' are unsuitable laguage for kids too?? bono's been singing that stuff for years, in my kitchen, car, bathroom.... omg...

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....

Yes Peter is all grown up now! 

Ha ha ha the old "I was joking" rubbish cracking I suppose you were joking with your child abuse comment??? But you keep avoiding that one eh.

Posted · Hidden by bigwave, May 5, 2013 - duplicate post
Hidden by bigwave, May 5, 2013 - duplicate post

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....[/quote

hey Zhivs always loved me..

btw; the name zhiv's been mentionned quite a bit in all this.... just saying....[/quote

hey Zhivs always loved me..

Does that mean that i love you two times now you posted it twice?  :P

WWOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  (did you hear me send you an arrow for this one?)  ;) 

I cracked up in the break room at work when I read this.  Good thing I was alone.

Barbara is this going to be another tease?  You come in here, get all of our hopes up that you might stick around this time, and then you disappear again. My heart can't take all of this abuse.

After just being asked by someone not to mention their personal physical traits and use them in an example of posting nude photos, you obnoxiously correct them as to why they shouldn't be upset, and STILL talk about their personal traits and still refer to naked photos.

Seriously, are you missing your frontal lobes?

Should I have used more italics to get my point across?

After just being asked by someone not to mention their personal physical traits and use them in an example of posting nude photos, you obnoxiously correct them as to why they shouldn't be upset, and STILL talk about their personal traits and still refer to naked photos.

Seriously, are you missing your frontal lobes?

Should I have used more italics to get my point across?

Can we PLEASE get off the topic of Zhiv's boobs? 

Those things are enough to dash the strongest of women's self-esteem, even among friends here in the blog corner. 

We could talk about her collection of mango pics instead.  :)

For those bollocksing on about the imaginary 14 year olds that come here, and how it is of the upmost impotance to protect these toddlers from boob talk and doodle pictures, from the U2.com T&Cs....

"You must be at least 18 years of age to become a member. We do not allow children under the age of 13 to become members at all. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may become a member with the consent of your parent or legal guardian. By becoming a member, you represent and warrant: (i) that you are at least 18 years of age or (ii) that, as parent or guardian, you agree to these terms and our privacy policy and authorize your child who is between the age of 13 and 18 to use this site, subject to your responsibility for their conduct."

Clearly this site is designed for over 18s and it clearly states that if anyone below this age wants to join then it's at the parent's discretion etc.

If my 14 year old was asking to join U2.com, I'd be much more concerned about thier lame taste in music. ;)