Congratulations to Eve!!!!!! Dad and mum should be proud! :)

I'm really very very tired of reading about these gossip! Who cares about his private life?

I'd like to know when we will see him again on stage singing with his band!!

Edited by babyface82

Awhh proud parents :) .

Would be great to have them singing and on stage again but while they're not I kinda like these little snippets of what they're out and about doing, find it too silent otherwise

Funny. And how is it you say nerd in Irish? ;) *flush*

Bono and The Edge were on hand tonight in New York City as Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark celebrated its 1,000th performance. That's an impressive accomplishment for a production that was roundly panned by critics before it formally opened, and suffered through numerous problems and delays during development.

Spidey continues to be one of the top shows on Broadway. It's ranked 7th in the latest weekly compilation of ticket sales. The show's success has producers now planning to turn it into an arena production that could play in Las Vegas, Hamburg (Germany) and other cities.

Judging from photos, it looks like both Bono and Edge took the stage during the after-show "bows." They presented the cast with some kind of gift it appears and also both took turns speaking to the cast and audience.

You can see about two dozen photos from tonight's festivities on Zimbio.

UPDATE: Kris Roberts was in the audience and uploaded this video of Bono and Edge to YouTube:

rs_293x473-130618090951-634.flotus.ls.61Twitter

The Obama family got to join Bono at his favorite Irish pub.

First lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha joined the U2 frontman for lunch at Finnegan's of Dalkey, a restaurant he frequents in his native Dublin, Ireland.

Accompanying Bono was his wife Ali and his two teenage sons. Alas, President Barack Obama was not there, as he was busy attending the G8 Summit.

NEWS: Michelle Obama tackles heckler with ease

The first family and the rock superstar's clan chowed down on traditional Irish grub which, per the Irish Independent, included fish and chips. Finnegan's was closed to the public for the occasion, hanging an American flag from a flag pole over the front door.

After the meal, the Obamas headed to the airport where they took off for Germany.

• Upvote 1

I love michelle Obama but it looks like she's more excited about her purse than being in Ireland with Bono. 

that being said I wish I were there.

BPOM218CcAEhgb-.jpg

With Paul McGuinness and Guggi

Source: Philippe Dupuy (Nice Matin) on Twitter

• Upvote 2

The Irish singer will be made a Commander of the Order of Arts and Letters in a ceremony due to be held in Paris on Tuesday evening, the Ministry of Culture and Communication said in a statement.

Bono, a leading advocate of aid for Africa, founded the global anti-poverty group ONE to help fight poverty and disease on the continent.

The U2 lead singer has received numerous awards and honours for both his humanitarian work and services to music including France's Legion d'Honneur and an honorary knighthood from Britain.

• Upvote 2