Another note... Pop was a pretty damn good album...come on, U2!!  Get yourselves out of that "needs to sound like pop to be good" mentality.  With songs like "Please, Gone, Mofo, If God Would Send His Angels, Last Night on Earth", you can surely play some of those songs in concert.

Another thing...stop regurgitating different versions of SBS, New Year's Day, and Pride and packaging them up and calling them subscription gifts.  We deserve better than that, we're not dumb.  

Also, many bands provide videos, little documentaries about their progress on new material.  We are thrown "a bone" every now and then, to keep us engaged.  We loved Adam's homemade videos last go round....what about now?  I haven't gotten notice on ANYTHING. If you have done it...I don't know about.  I've paid for my subscription, a heads-up would be nice.

Thus the truth comes out, why I feel the way I do.  OK...I've posted about a decade's worth of complaints for myself.  Those that know me, know...I'm not a complainer.   I'm done....going back into hiding until these guys do something to draw me back in...

LATAAZ!!!

• Upvote 1

I rally think U2 should be more concern about their fans. What about starting to twitter to us, to keep us up to date with whats going on!?

• Upvote 1

Guys, I agree with you.

I was talking to Daniel in the last week, in another topic, about that. We know there are a lot of people that are not satisfied with U2.com. And I can even say that U2 should improve not only the website but also invest more on Facebook, Twitter, create an account in Instagram, etc. (Pearl Jam is an example / Robert Plant is a dinosaur and he´s on the Tt and Inst. now). But we pay for U2.com so let´s focus on it… I think the better way is not to scold. No one gets anything being rude because no one will listen to you. Being more “polite” or “organized” is the only way, in my opinion. But we should not only complain saying U2.com sucks… we should give real ideas and suggestions, we should say what we would like to have here. Let´s help them, not work against, understood?

I know everyone wants to know about the new album but U2 think it´s not the time now. Let´s them work properly. You can say they´re not working because Bono´s trying to save the world again, but this is how he is. He´s spent most part of his life doing humanitarian work and he´s not going to stop now. You should be already used to it.

Sorry about my sincerity. It´s not to anyone in particular. I just think we should work together, in a practical way, to make a better website.

• Upvote 3

Guys, I agree with you.

I was talking to Daniel in the last week, in another topic, about that. We know there are a lot of people that are not satisfied with U2.com. And I can even say that U2 should improve not only the website but also invest more on Facebook, Twitter, create an account in Instagram, etc. (Pearl Jam is an example / Robert Plant is a dinosaur and he´s on the Tt and Inst. now). But we pay for U2.com so let´s focus on it… I think the better way is not to scold. No one gets anything being rude because no one will listen to you. Being more “polite” or “organized” is the only way, in my opinion. But we should not only complain saying U2.com sucks… we should give real ideas and suggestions, we should say what we would like to have here. Let´s help them, not work against, understood?

I know everyone wants to know about the new album but U2 think it´s not the time now. Let´s them work properly. You can say they´re not working because Bono´s trying to save the world again, but this is how he is. He´s spent most part of his life doing humanitarian work and he´s not going to stop now. You should be already used to it.

Sorry about my sincerity. It´s not to anyone in particular. I just think we should work together, in a practical way, to make a better website.

febottoni - no worries about how the message is taken.  It won't be taken in any way, politely or otherwise.  Trust me...all the suggestions and downright harsh criticisms will fall on deaf ears, it has for a while now (I've been here for 8 years).  Good luck to you if you are trying to make a difference, politely...I wish you well, truly.

Guys, I agree with you.

febottoni - no worries about how the message is taken.  It won't be taken in any way, politely or otherwise.  Trust me...all the suggestions and downright harsh criticisms will fall on deaf ears, it has for a while now (I've been here for 8 years).  Good luck to you if you are trying to make a difference, politely...I wish you well, truly.

I´m sure it´s not easy. But this part of the Zoo for example (U2 News and Rumours) was created due to fans suggestions. Why can´t we achieve other things?

"You may say I´m a dreamer but I´m not the only one"

• Upvote 1

I just think the progress they made in Africa has been huge and despite the obstacles all the lives saved should be valued... And if there are people having a hard time in our countries we'll have to help both! You can criticize me all that you want but I just like supportive people... and in this last six years after some events, much more. 

And the matter of the album: I understand U2 only release albums that are up to the task (you say "match the expectations" ?) and I guess that cannot be made overnight

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca
  • Upvote 3

Another note... Pop was a pretty damn good album...come on, U2!!  Get yourselves out of that "needs to sound like pop to be good" mentality.  With songs like "Please, Gone, Mofo, If God Would Send His Angels, Last Night on Earth", you can surely play some of those songs in concert.

Another thing...stop regurgitating different versions of SBS, New Year's Day, and Pride and packaging them up and calling them subscription gifts.  We deserve better than that, we're not dumb.  

Also, many bands provide videos, little documentaries about their progress on new material.  We are thrown "a bone" every now and then, to keep us engaged.  We loved Adam's homemade videos last go round....what about now?  I haven't gotten notice on ANYTHING. If you have done it...I don't know about.  I've paid for my subscription, a heads-up would be nice.

Thus the truth comes out, why I feel the way I do.  OK...I've posted about a decade's worth of complaints for myself.  Those that know me, know...I'm not a complainer.   I'm done....going back into hiding until these guys do something to draw me back in...

LATAAZ!!!

BOOMCHA what laura said c'mon fatman listen up

• Upvote 1

Guys, I agree with you.

Maybe if Bono is not going to stop trying to save the world, then maybe U2 should just close the curtains?

I fear that if this albums fails for them, it might be great to some or complete failure to others that maybe they have ridden the wave a bit too long? 

360 was a high for them, I admire them trying to re-invent themselves to get played on radio, but this is not the 80's or 90's anymore, as you say, U2 should really look into other ways of connecting to an audience. As you mention, Twitter, that has gone dead from Edge's end, Facebook is there. For paying fans, the Propaganda is the most exciting thing to happen on here since I saw Adam driving in a car while making No Line...

I would like to hear a new album, but am not dying for another one. Weird because U2 are my favorite band, just suppose I don't want to see the band I loved feel let down because of creative issues. Songs of Ascent should have been released. Soon was a direct result of what it could have been.

I must say, I was not in love with any of the new material they played on 360. It did not blow my socks off or nor did it ever make me think this is re-invention BABY, but it was good to see them play new songs to an audience.

Well one thing is for sure, U2 are coming towards the end of their journey in my opinion, and they are looking for that one more BIG album. But I think their aims are out of their depth with the way the industry has gone. There are so many bands staying away from mainstream and I say, U2 should just rock the fuck out and not care about sales, get raw and hungry again and be the band they want to be and not think grammy awards and number ones.

I would still love U2 if their next album doesn't sell well or whatever, but can they love themselves or be themselves?

Sorry for going on....what do I know!

By the way, I admire your news, you seem to move quicker than the site.

• Upvote 2

what mac said as well

this bit especially

"Well one thing is for sure, U2 are coming towards the end of their journey in my opinion, and they are looking for that one more BIG album. But I think their aims are out of their depth with the way the industry has gone. There are so many bands staying away from mainstream and I say, U2 should just rock the fuck out and not care about sales, get raw and hungry again and be the band they want to be and not think grammy awards and number ones."

Whether fatman and his ego will allow that we'll see on this album.

• Upvote 1

what mac said as well

this bit especially

"Well one thing is for sure, U2 are coming towards the end of their journey in my opinion, and they are looking for that one more BIG album. But I think their aims are out of their depth with the way the industry has gone. There are so many bands staying away from mainstream and I say, U2 should just rock the fuck out and not care about sales, get raw and hungry again and be the band they want to be and not think grammy awards and number ones."

It's true man.

Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire, Pearl Jam these bands stay clear from mainstream. Yet remain inventive and distinctive in their own way. There are many more out there.

Why is Bono so concerned about being played on the radio? Radio is shit. The charts are shit. U2 are certainly not shit!

• Upvote 1

what mac said as well

this bit especially

It's true man.

Radiohead, Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Arcade Fire, Pearl Jam these bands stay clear from mainstream. Yet remain inventive and distinctive in their own way. There are many more out there.

Why is Bono so concerned about being played on the radio? Radio is shit. The charts are shit. U2 are certainly not shit!

There is one band, not so new but not what you can call "veterans", they said once (and I'm paraphrasing)...We have a cult following, which is enough for us to do what we want to do, creatively.  That's all we want.  If we can do this for the rest of our lives, we don't need huge hits....

Words to live by for any band who wants to stay relevant in their fans eyes.

• Upvote 1

<<Words to live by for any band who wants to stay relevant in their fans eyes.>>

Except that's backwards, it's commercial, but it's not commercial art - you can toss ten dollar bills at them all day long and they can pay someone to blow their nose in them and throw them back at you rather than produce something to your specifications (thankfully). There may be level of appeal they need to reach their artistic goals, but they don't need to consistently carry the same people along for the ride (and there have been plenty of points along the way they shifted away from their fan base and lost people - What the hell is this spiritual crap? with October, wait where did the spiritual crap go? with War, UF was a blur compared to the straight edge of War, JT was a sellout, R&H was confirmation of the sellout, AB was too conventional (yes) rock star, Passengers was arty-farty, Pop was techno, band members were too this or that, etc.). I guess the difference now is people used go to the show for the new tour, bitch and just not return for the next tour, now they try and publicly play squeaky wheel over a span of years - can't imagine that does more than discourage the band. I guess for some the band is like a girlfriend you don't like enough to marry but can't bring yourself to leave (and the advice in that situation either involves altering your expectations or leaving doesn't it?).

Same with the songwriting stuff, while I agree with Mac that not all the "new" songs were ones I was necessarily drawn to, they varied. Basically the ones you know had more studio time behind them, trying to hammer them out, were solid enough (e.g., Mercy, Every Breaking Wave), but the ones that were apparently truly new didn't advance much by being pushed onto the stage (North Star, etc.). In other words, their process differs in studio and on stage, and the structure and form of the song doesn't advance the same way on stage as it does in the studio at least without the prior groundwork. Anyway, it was a good experiment, but maybe they were just showing us something they already knew, in an attempt to satisfy what is really a desire among part of the fan base for rarities, unusual, early, or striking versions of songs. Just one more reason they're musicians and we're audience. But in general, I think if you want to bash the songs on a particular album you should have to write out what you think four or more of the songs on the album are about, so everyone else can assess how many aspects of what's going on in those songs you actually recognize (not that explanations would be forthcoming). And that's not directed at you Mac, that's a longstanding irk with me, that starts at least back with Pop with the shift in word choice suddenly equating with poor lyrics in the eyes of some.

Maybe they should get to March 2014 and with great fanfare announce they want to lose the old fans and get a younger fan base so the new album will only be released as a twentieth anniversary set and won't be out until 2034. That should allow some anticipation to build. I'm all for that <g> But in the end the secret is this: We're the Passengers, they are the Drivers, and it's up to you whether you enjoy the ride.

Edited by Koke-dera
  • Upvote 1

Guys, I agree with you.

Sorry but utter nonsense here.... thiongs have been done the proper way petitions, letters etc etc but all fallen on deaf ears....

As for "You can say they´re not working because Bono´s trying to save the world again, but this is how he is. He´s spent most part of his life doing humanitarian work and he´s not going to stop now. You should be already used to it."

utter nonsense as well Bono is a singer in a band that is his job which we have all paid damn good money for him to do his job and i for one will never get used to his other job because i firmly believe he has done more damage to u2 than good.

but then again i also believe that there should be a seperate website for all his save the world crap as this is a u2 website and not a Bono website maybe all the goody goody bleeding hearts can set one up and we can get back to chatting about the band and their music.

• Upvote 1

depeche_mode.jpg

OH YEAH, BABY.  OH YEAH ;)

HELL YEAH

Agreed, DM are bosses ! Saw them in concert on the 15th of May and I am still amazed and the energy that they transmitted during the concert is still flowing through me !!!

LATAAZ!!!

A big arrow for you !!! I ran out so this is the only way to praise your argument, so truthfully posted !!!

Bono´s trip goes on...

Today he was in Ghana and he visited Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Techonology to discuss with other people how tech can improve Africa.

1236575_297890110351145_774333650_n.jpg

1236075_297923647014458_2071026169_n.jpg

558588_297887790351377_917947336_n.jpg

536953_297923417014481_1799239182_n.jpg

1157527_297923820347774_1587844164_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

LATAAZ!!!

God damn right, POP's an awesome album! So much so it's probably my most listened to U2 album.

• Upvote 1

Wow look at that a series of pictures! Glad to see that, for his expression it looks like he's comfortable... I was looking at them like fascinated for a while and It nudged me to think about the great things that must be going on in Ghana. These people are thinking in the long term, little by little entering something new, they are leaving all the hardship at their back and looking forward the future...