Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What Good Thing(S) Happened To You Today!

That's so inspiring Zhivvy!!! And I love that poem, Alma!!!

So, dolphins, daughters and flowers . . . . love 'em all  :)  :)  :)

Lol Janette! "Dolphins, daughters, & flowers!" And little nieces & nephews (or niecees & nephaboos). Can u tell this thread has been inhabited by just women lately? :)

Yes, emotional women, in a good way, lol . . . . .  :P

Unicorns are so yesterday..

Unicorns are so yesterday..

Lol. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeing some Wyland art again after not having seen it for a long time. (Thanx to Janette B.)

Recipe: Take 1 ugly Building, add Artist. Voila!

2011021545959image%20description.jpg

Love art like that 

Thanks Zhivvy. I wish I'd painted it instead of just posting it. Here's another one of his you might like:

2011021545759image%20description.jpg

1 of the best things that has happened to me today is realizing there should be a building in Dublin somewhere w/ a huge version of this on the outside of it - & then imagining the project being carried out ('brought to life') in just the right setting:

8e8dc57ee7be93e31cac81b1c6e9579d.jpg

Source: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Mural-paintings/9843197

Love seeing buildings like that . . . . we are lucky that so many or our beach cities have such buildings  :) and they always make me smile!!!

Something good that happened over the weekend was celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary.  My husband also ran the Warrior Dash and finished in a little over an hour. 

Happy Anniversary Sunflower! Congrats to your hubby for finishing the Warrior Dash. That's awesome. This is good, indeed. :)

Happy Anniversary Sunflower! Congrats to your hubby for finishing the Warrior Dash. That's awesome. This is good, indeed. :)

Thank you! I was proud of him.  He's already planning to do it next year too.

Did back to school shopping with my daughter. It was great! We had no fighting, no disagreements - she didn't want shorts that were too short or skirts that were too tiny, nothing low cut or with skinny straps. I never had to say no to her on price either, in fact several times she liked something, then checked the tag and said no, too expensive. Who is this thoughtful, sensitive child? LOL!!!

Did back to school shopping with my daughter. It was great! We had no fighting, no disagreements - she didn't want shorts that were too short or skirts that were too tiny, nothing low cut or with skinny straps. I never had to say no to her on price either, in fact several times she liked something, then checked the tag and said no, too expensive. Who is this thoughtful, sensitive child? LOL!!!

I think the way your daughter is says good things about You Janette!

Something good that happened over the weekend was celebrating my 12th wedding anniversary.  My husband also ran the Warrior Dash and finished in a little over an hour. 

Congratulations on your 12th wedding anniversary, Sunflower! AND you're still calling him "hubby"! Good signs all around. Happy for you! The world needs more of this, too. :)

I think the way your daughter is says good things about You Janette!

Thank you . . . . she isn't always this cooperative, I could only wish!!!

I had a root canal :D

Ouch . . . was that painful and are you okay?

I had a root canal :D

Ouch . . . was that painful and are you okay?

he pulled out the roots right in front of my eyeballs, like pulling fine sewing threads....fascinating and not for any sqeemish...then he kinda wrapped them like spaghetti on a little stick....

now that didnt hurt, cause he numbed me up pretty well....

it was all the before part with the abscess and the throbbing exposed and infected nerve roots that was killer!

janette, I confess, I was alittle slow in getting the fresh fruit for the cold water, lol!

lived on nutritional drinks and lost about 10 pounds....

waiting for my beautiful porcelain crown in the meantime and taking more antibiotics and ibuprofen.

the new healthcare law will allow for healthcare for everybody even pre-existing conditions.

if you are low income you qualify for discounted plans and may even pay zero dollars for premiums.

I think the registration for plans is now open.

todays good thing:

President Obama

Spicy: "taking...antibiotics"  Please do. And of course take the entire course of them. Be safe! Too many superbugs & such going around. My cousin recently fell & banged his knee hard. Didn't go to the doctor for a number of days until his sister said he should go & drove him there. The doctor told her she got him there just in time, because if they hadn't gotten him on antibiotics when they did, they would have wound up having to amputate his leg! His injury had developed the flesh-eating superbug called MRSA, which can be life-threatening, too.

"I think the registration for plans is now open." Good deal if that's the case.

"todays good thing: President Obama." Yup. The key word in 'Affordable Care Act' being 'affordable.' So many in Europe, Canada, Australia are horrified by the fact the richest nation (or 1 of the richest) in the world doesn't have what they take for granted.

Throbbing exposed nerves & killer pain notwithstanding, u wrote some lovely stuff there. Glad u'r past the worst, Spicy!

P.S. U can file the good news of me hearing about the saving of my cousin's leg - & possibly his life - under the category of 'Good Things That Happened This Week.' :)

xtraspicy62 said: "todays good thing: President Obama"

I just thought I'd add a delightful photo I once saw of the President humoring a staffmember's little boy (if I'm not mistaken, I think this was taken outside the oval office) :

tumblr_mfabnwIUu11qzhkvho1_500.jpg

I got some hair accessories in the mail today which will help me play-up my hair because I'm a massive, "committement-phobe "when it comes to my locks LOL!!

xtraspicy62 said: "todays good thing: President Obama"

I just thought I'd add a delightful photo I once saw of the President humoring a staffmember's little boy (if I'm not mistaken, I think this was taken outside the oval office) :

tumblr_mfabnwIUu11qzhkvho1_500.jpg

that is so cute