Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What Good Thing(S) Happened To You Today!

@illumination, hey at least you have long beautiful locks to work with!

Today I ate a real sandwich with NO pain.

It rained, and the summer air smelled like that fresh earth smell...heavenly:-)

Have seen that there is good in the world 

@zhivvy, me too-its YOU :)  xxoo

Thank you - that is such a nice thing to say to someone xxxx

@zhivvy, well ditto that for goodness sake...look at the pm's you send me

you're just a bucket of love, brimming over

Thank you:) But only doing what any friend would do my dear 

And so are you xxx

I gave a homeless singer on the El $20, because I have a roof over my head, a job and it made me feel good.

I gave a homeless singer on the El $20, because I have a roof over my head, a job and it made me feel good.

That was so kind and generous of you.  I bet you helped make him feel a little better, too.

That was so kind and generous of you.  I bet you helped make him feel a little better, too.

yes, that is really outstanding.

This maybe a bit tenuous as a 'good thing' but it made me smile at a time when I'm feeling very sad. There is a hairdressers in the city and over the years I've noticed whenever I'm approaching it I hear a familiar sound and they're ordinarily playing a U2 album, the last time it was Rattle and Hum - must admit I hang around outside the window of the shop next door and keep walking by just to keep listening!! Well I was dragging my feet today feeling sorry for myself and as I approached I could hear music and wondered if...and yes..as I got nearer I could identify Bono's voice and Edge's majesty, they were playing NLOTH, Breathe was on, was stood out there just a little while longer, it was just uplifting, even if momentarily. I was so tempted to go in and ask who the U2 fan was in there, I swear they play a U2 album everyday, but I didn't have the guts in case they thought I was a complete loon!!

@anjana that is awesome...maybe go in singing a u2 song and see if anyone there reacts?

or wear a u2 concert shirt to get your hair done...and see if anyone says anything :lol: :lol:

@anjana that is awesome...maybe go in singing a u2 song and see if anyone there reacts?

or wear a u2 concert shirt to get your hair done...and see if anyone says anything :lol: :lol:

I think if I attempted to sing I'd be rightly thrown out but I may well pluck up the courage to adorn a tshirt and maybe borrow a BTB just to make it really obvious why I'm really there - at the very least they should take pity on me and give me a free cut if nothing else!!

A special friend made me smile when was feeling blue :)

"wear a u2 concert shirt to get your hair done...and see if anyone says anything :lol: :lol: "  Excellent idea, Spicy!

"wear a u2 concert shirt to get your hair done...and see if anyone says anything :lol: :lol: "  Excellent idea, Spicy!

thinking low key, subtle....just a giant black tee with the claw on it thats all

thinking low key, subtle....just a giant black tee with the claw on it thats all

So..not a claw hat to go w/the tshirt (like the homemade one someone entered in the 'From The Ground Up' contest). Ok then. :lol:

@alma oh the hat would be the best accessory of all

ask them to remove it for you as it was pinned in your hair

@alma oh the hat would be the best accessory of all

ask them to remove it for you as it was pinned in your hair

Here's the prototype of the hat. And yes, it should be pinned in her hair. :D  {Btw, the photo said "@shawnleishin" - so a shoutout to the hatmaker wherever s/he is.}

gallery_285835_7_6768.jpg

My son WALKED on his own today. He told me he wants to surf again and today was the first real steps on his

own since the cancer shot up his spine and broke it...Last week his dad got him up and away from his walker

he held onto him though. Today was ALL HIM...I never thought I would see this day so this is my good thing.

My son WALKED on his own today. He told me he wants to surf again and today was the first real steps on his

own since the cancer shot up his spine and broke it...Last week his dad got him up and away from his walker

he held onto him though. Today was ALL HIM...I never thought I would see this day so this is my good thing.

He will surf again, its pretty obvious!!

OUTSTANDING!!

Keep it up

YOU CAN DO IT!!

can you tell us his PT program or something like that so we can cheer him on?