Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illumination70

What Good Thing(S) Happened To You Today!

I finally got my photo I had done last month I'm in the September 2013 group, second row, the second to final photo to the right

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.599861990056166.1073741838.183523678356668

awe, so cute :)

Thanks Spicy!!  As for my "good thing" which happened to me, I'm wearing my brand new Victoria's Secret long-sleeve shirt and until now I never realized how comfortable VS's clothes are!!

I finally got my photo I had done last month I'm in the September 2013 group, second row, the second to final photo to the right

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.599861990056166.1073741838.183523678356668

awe, so cute :)

Thanks Spicy!!  As for my "good thing" which happened to me, I'm wearing my brand new Victoria's Secret long-sleeve shirt and until now I never realized how comfortable VS's clothes are!!

Oh yes!

I love their styles too

http://www.victoriassecret.com/clothing/all-sweaters

I surfed with my son again...except this time, photographers were all over it. He is just learning to walk

again, I bought him an entire home gym, my living room is packed with machines, he begged me to let him go

surfing, so my husband, me, him, his best friends, my brother, all of us went and this time there was real waves. It broke my heart when literally close to 50 people paddled up to me and asked me how he was doing and he was sitting right beside me, nobody recognized him, yes the chemo took its toll and DID ITS JOB. Plus he just cleared the way for new treatments since he was in trials and they gave him more chemo than any human who survived. Anyhow, the owner of the surf magazines himself came and saw us out there and went down on the beach to shoot pictures, my son never stopped smiling, laughing, he cant stand up yet, he just wanted to be in the water, the one wave he almost got up on...yeah I was yelling at him to go and blocking for him, THAT ENDED UP BEING THE PHOTO SPREAD ALL AROUND THE WORLD, THAT HIS OWN MOM WAS CUTTING HIM OFF....ummm, no. I was telling him to go. I know they just wanted the pics of him and since I have known this photographer since I was a little girl, he use to travel with me on tour, he ended up with some great shots of just him smiling with his family around him. My son is not cancer free. They will still have to do a few surgeries, but overall the doctors say he will live. It is in the bone so they will pack his bones from surgery when they remove those spots. SO MY GOOD NEWS..MOFFITT SAVED MY SONS LIFE, ME???? I THINK THE LORD IS LAUGHING AT ME, CUZ IT APPEARS I AM PREGNANT.....at least that is what the doctor said. I think its wrong and will take another test. A BLOOD TEST. Yes, I am late, but I am much too old to be having another baby. That got a laugh from my doctor. He said oh what cuz you had your children when you were a teenager you think you are cleared of having anymore? THINK AGAIN...So, my son is on the mend, beating this monster Cancer, and me I am stressed out and not pregnant (Its like the little engine, I think Im not, I think Im not!) doctors say yes, I say no. My husband said WHO IS THE FATHER? UHHH FUNNY....

"...overall the doctors say he will live." Wahine! SO Happy for u, your son, & your family! :) Also, that he was able to go surfing once again! When a person has had a passion for something that used to be an important part of their life or even their identity, to be able to do that thing again after having to be away from it for a long time is so major & wonderful. As I recall, months ago u had said that the disease had broken his bones. So glad your son is surrounded by loving family - & glad for your good news. Thanks for the update. "I was yelling at him to go and blocking for him, THAT ENDED UP BEING THE PHOTO SPREAD ALL AROUND THE WORLD, THAT HIS OWN MOM WAS CUTTING HIM OFF....ummm, no. I was telling him to go."  Earlier today, b4 reading your note here, I was thinking at 1 point about the fact people who are new to the public eye (in 1 way or another, including new celebrities) unfortunately learn just how wrong tabloids can portray things about them either purposely or carelessly - rarely ever a genuine mistake. I'm not saying the surfer magazines are like tabloids, but after thinking what I did earlier today, it seems to me like now you have some idea unfortunately how it might feel for those in the public eye who deal w/ public misinformation about themselves a lot.

"So, my son is on the mend, beating this monster Cancer" As most people probably know, this month is Breast Cancer Awareness Month - hard to miss even for guys if they're into football when there are NFL teams incorporating pink into their uniforms at this time. Well, I saw an organization today making a very good point about it which I agree with - & I was glad to see this point made in the past couple of years, too: when 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed w/that in their lifetime - & pink is all over the place for at least an entire month each year - we already have the awareness as a society that we need - & what we need now is to get SERIOUS as a society about PREVENTION wherever it is that our society actually is Not taking that seriously enough. Not saying that awareness-raising should be stopped - the point that more & more people are making now is that that is Not Enough. For corporations, the 'put some pink on our products' thing is also too easy of a bandwagon to jump on to give themselves a certain image rather than doing all they can to actually impact cancer prevention where they can. For ex, there have been companies who sell 1 or more products containing carcinogens or suspected carcinogens (which are not necessary ingredients to that product) who will slap a feel-good pink ribbon on that same product! Of course that's to sell the idea that they actually are helping anything when they actually might just be a part of the problem to begin with.

Just 1 example: I signed a petition not too long ago - within this past year I think - which, as I recall, was pointing out that the baby shampoo sold in America by Johnson & Johnson contained a certain chemical suspected to be a carcinogen which they did not put in the baby shampoo they sell in Europe. Well, things like that happen when a country is too corporation-friendly, which ours is because our government is corrupted by corporate cash given to politicians. As I understand it, there are THOUSANDS of chemicals that are not allowed in consumer products in Europe which are allowed in America. Last I heard, Johnson & Johnson had agreed to remove that chemical from the baby shampoo. I also signed a petition w/in the past 2 yrs or so asking another company (Bath & Body Works I think) to remove a known hormone-disruptor from a shower gel they market to adolescents. (It was a chemical not needed in the shower gel.) Anyways, you get the idea here.

"...my doctor. He said oh what cuz you had your children when you were a teenager you think you are cleared of having anymore? THINK AGAIN" I'm chuckling.

I surfed with my son again...except this time, photographers were all over it. He is just learning to walk

again, I bought him an entire home gym, my living room is packed with machines, he begged me to let him go

surfing, so my husband, me, him, his best friends, my brother, all of us went and this time there was real waves. It broke my heart when literally close to 50 people paddled up to me and asked me how he was doing and he was sitting right beside me, nobody recognized him, yes the chemo took its toll and DID ITS JOB. Plus he just cleared the way for new treatments since he was in trials and they gave him more chemo than any human who survived. Anyhow, the owner of the surf magazines himself came and saw us out there and went down on the beach to shoot pictures, my son never stopped smiling, laughing, he cant stand up yet, he just wanted to be in the water, the one wave he almost got up on...yeah I was yelling at him to go and blocking for him, THAT ENDED UP BEING THE PHOTO SPREAD ALL AROUND THE WORLD, THAT HIS OWN MOM WAS CUTTING HIM OFF....ummm, no. I was telling him to go. I know they just wanted the pics of him and since I have known this photographer since I was a little girl, he use to travel with me on tour, he ended up with some great shots of just him smiling with his family around him. My son is not cancer free. They will still have to do a few surgeries, but overall the doctors say he will live. It is in the bone so they will pack his bones from surgery when they remove those spots. SO MY GOOD NEWS..MOFFITT SAVED MY SONS LIFE, ME???? I THINK THE LORD IS LAUGHING AT ME, CUZ IT APPEARS I AM PREGNANT.....at least that is what the doctor said. I think its wrong and will take another test. A BLOOD TEST. Yes, I am late, but I am much too old to be having another baby. That got a laugh from my doctor. He said oh what cuz you had your children when you were a teenager you think you are cleared of having anymore? THINK AGAIN...So, my son is on the mend, beating this monster Cancer, and me I am stressed out and not pregnant (Its like the little engine, I think Im not, I think Im not!) doctors say yes, I say no. My husband said WHO IS THE FATHER? UHHH FUNNY....

Woooo!!!!!

Woooo!!!!!

Cam, u summed up half of what I said w/ 1 Awesome word. Could I add 1 syllable? Wooo-HOOO!!! :D

I met a person and when I told her my name she recognized me as the judo teacher in her son's school. She said what they always say: "Without the 'suit' it is impossible to recognize you!!" Im starting to think I transform into another person with the "suit"  :D

Watched my son do a hardcore workout. I have never in my life seen anyone so determined to live and to get well and WIN...I did cry when I took him surfing the other day and people paddled up and asked me how he was doing, he was sitting right beside me, IT MOTIVATED HIM BIGTIME, he is now using a cane, he is walking again, donated his walker to charity, moved to crutches and just bought a gold cane LOL..He said its his new weapon if anyone messes with him...Volcom matched all donations at their event and the competitors gave their prize winnings. I cannot believe how many people have come forward to help. ITS BEEN STRAIGHT UP A MIRACLE, HIS SURVIVNG WITH ONLY MINUTES TO LIVE, ALL OF IT, EVERYONE THAT CAME FORWARD I MEAN THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF FOLKS. Money is one thing, the LOVE AND GRACE WAS EVERYTHING. Prayers got us through. So my good thing is I took my mama to her doctor, she does a charity thing for St. Judes Childrens Hospital, part of a research program, not financial but the devices she has they monitor for the children to be able to use in trials. That went well, took her to lunch at Makotos (our Japanese place for lunch) and MY SON WALKED IN NOT USING HIS CANE WITH HIS SURF BUDDIES THAT TOURED WITH HIM, THEY WERE ON THE SAME TEAM AND HAVE TRAVELED THE ENTIRE WORLD TOGETHER, I FREAKED! My mama cried. He WALKED BY HIMSELF...DON'T EVER TELL ME THERE IS NOT A GOD, CUZ I OWE EVERYTHING TO GOD. Then he told me he is registering to take some

philantropy (spelling) course that Bono's buddie from DATA (Eddie Scott-the cofounder with Bono) he lives here up the street, I guess its over at Florida Tech, my son has decided to set up his own foundation to give back. His cousin is a huge philantropist (spelling lol) I had to stop her from sending money to Africa and One only cuz things werent making sense, now she runs or pays for she does go over and see the children in Africa...Her dad was the largest private landholder in the south and everyone on my husbands side of the family is expected to give. I didnt like her being in Africa cuz I feared for her safety, she now owns a large horse breeding farm and they have all decided that my son must feel free to give as he sees fit...IF ANYONE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD ITS HIM...I am amazed at his desire to help, that child was born to help people, thought he would be a Priest or a Doctor, now...its politics and philantropy (I better learn to spell that). So yeah, its not ONE, its going to help support it I am sure, but it will be his own and his way of giving to organizations that do the RIGHT THING...Its a whole new world and life for him...From the world games and the best aerialist in surfing to helping humanity...God had a plan obviously!

I wouldnt wish CANCER ON MY WORST ENEMY, I can honesty say CANCER changed his life, it almost killed him but he is taking the miracle of life and it has changed his life completely, I think for the better. He went from a boy that was given everything or won everything he did, life was easy and fun, now he is a MAN and I see him doing great things...well I always knew he would lol, but now I know God was shaping him into this new young Man.

Watched my son do a hardcore workout. I have never in my life seen anyone so determined to live and to get well and WIN...I did cry when I took him surfing the other day and people paddled up and asked me how he was doing, he was sitting right beside me, IT MOTIVATED HIM BIGTIME, he is now using a cane, he is walking again, donated his walker to charity, moved to crutches and just bought a gold cane LOL..He said its his new weapon if anyone messes with him...Volcom matched all donations at their event and the competitors gave their prize winnings. I cannot believe how many people have come forward to help. ITS BEEN STRAIGHT UP A MIRACLE, HIS SURVIVNG WITH ONLY MINUTES TO LIVE, ALL OF IT, EVERYONE THAT CAME FORWARD I MEAN THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF FOLKS. Money is one thing, the LOVE AND GRACE WAS EVERYTHING. Prayers got us through. So my good thing is I took my mama to her doctor, she does a charity thing for St. Judes Childrens Hospital, part of a research program, not financial but the devices she has they monitor for the children to be able to use in trials. That went well, took her to lunch at Makotos (our Japanese place for lunch) and MY SON WALKED IN NOT USING HIS CANE WITH HIS SURF BUDDIES THAT TOURED WITH HIM, THEY WERE ON THE SAME TEAM AND HAVE TRAVELED THE ENTIRE WORLD TOGETHER, I FREAKED! My mama cried. He WALKED BY HIMSELF...DON'T EVER TELL ME THERE IS NOT A GOD, CUZ I OWE EVERYTHING TO GOD. Then he told me he is registering to take some

philantropy (spelling) course that Bono's buddie from DATA (Eddie Scott-the cofounder with Bono) he lives here up the street, I guess its over at Florida Tech, my son has decided to set up his own foundation to give back. His cousin is a huge philantropist (spelling lol) I had to stop her from sending money to Africa and One only cuz things werent making sense, now she runs or pays for she does go over and see the children in Africa...Her dad was the largest private landholder in the south and everyone on my husbands side of the family is expected to give. I didnt like her being in Africa cuz I feared for her safety, she now owns a large horse breeding farm and they have all decided that my son must feel free to give as he sees fit...IF ANYONE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD ITS HIM...I am amazed at his desire to help, that child was born to help people, thought he would be a Priest or a Doctor, now...its politics and philantropy (I better learn to spell that). So yeah, its not ONE, its going to help support it I am sure, but it will be his own and his way of giving to organizations that do the RIGHT THING...Its a whole new world and life for him...From the world games and the best aerialist in surfing to helping humanity...God had a plan obviously!

Wahine, every time you write, I-FREAK-OUT :o . You two cannot do ordinary things? :lol: You're too cool!!

This morning I made Strawberry Crepes from scratch and some of the proceeds from the berries I bought went to breast cancer research!!

This morning I made Strawberry Crepes from scratch and some of the proceeds from the berries I bought went to breast cancer research!!

Sounds good Illum, I'll have to try that sometime. My cousin has breast cancer and it's hard to believe. There never has been breast cancer in my family before.

One year ago today my beloved mother died. I think about her every day and I still hurt so very badly inside and all over! I don't know if her loss is something that will ever leave me, I honestly don't think it ever will, but I've decided to call it my good thing today for several reasons. I've learned that I can live with the pain and the loss and I know that she is in a much better place filled with love!!!

Today was a day off!! I met a friend who arrived from a work trip and we had a nice conversation about art, judo and our things... Out of stress and with a really good vive... I loved it, if there's trust everything else seems easier and much better :)

Have a great weekend and read you and write to you on sunday :wub:

Finally went camping at the beach after some time and it was very nice. Perfect views, not too cold and watched the fog roll in and listened to the foghorn and beach waves at night.

I had a date with my husband and it felt like old times before our lives became so full of stress  . . . .   :wub:

That sounds lovely Janette :)

I started a list of 1,000 things I am grateful for . . . . . I'm at #43 and counting and already it has shifted my perspective and brightened my mood!!!

I started a list of 1,000 things I am grateful for . . . . . I'm at #43 and counting and already it has shifted my perspective and brightened my mood!!!

that sounds like a good idea...lets do a grateful thread