Sign in to follow this  
febottini

50 Greatest Live Acts Right Now - U2 Is 11Th

Who rules the road in 2013? To find out, Rolling Stone asked a panel of writers, industry figures and artists – from Lars Ulrich of Metallica to Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes – to vote on their favorite live performers right now. To be eligible for the list, a performer must have toured within the last five years and not announced their retirement. So, from the Stones to Skrillex, from Gaga to Green Day, here they are – the 50 most crowd-pleasing, club-wrecking, festival-killing live acts right now.

1 - Bruce Springsteen

2 - Prince

3 - The Rolling Stones

4 - Arcade Fire

5 - Neil Young

6 - Jay-Z

7 - Radiohead

8 - Jack White

9 - Rage Against the Machine

10 - My Morning Jacket

11 - U2

Three decades into their career, Bono and Co. are still at the top of their stadium-killing game. "What they do live is always inspiring," says Lars Ulrich. "They have this ability to create intimacy; you see them in the big fuck-off arenas, but it always feels like it's just you and the band."

Showstopper: Any one of the soaring Joshua Tree anthems. Or if you've got relationship troubles (who doesn't?), it's "One." Every time.

I found the showstopper tidbit for NIN amusing. It reads something like when he pulls out the 90s hits, watch an arena full of 40 something fans turn into a jr high mosh pit.

and I know I'm getting old when I have no clue who about ten of the performers or bands on that list is.

I found the showstopper tidbit for NIN amusing. It reads something like when he pulls out the 90s hits, watch an arena full of 40 something fans turn into a jr high mosh pit.

and I know I'm getting old when I have no clue who about ten of the performers or bands on that list is.

I'm seeing NIN at Reading Festival in three weeks and three days. Judging by the footage I've seen from their comeback gig in Japan last weekend, I'm in for a treat.

Good to see Springsteen, Arcade Fire, Muse, RHCP, Metallica, Foo Fighters, FATM and Green Day in there. But sadly the rest of the list mostly seems to be focused on bands who are either past it (the Stones and Macca) or artists who aren't actually that good at all - take out Gaga and Mumfarts and throw in Elbow and Biffy Clyro (both of whom I have seen live by the way) and you're on to a winner.

Mumfarts. LOL

Got that one off an internet forum. Or you could call them Bumfords if you like  :lol:

Mumfarts made me giggle smileys-happy-514478.gif

(Bumfords sound a bit Brokeback to me!!)

Mumfarts. LOL

Got that one off an internet forum. Or you could call them Bumfords if you like  :lol:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't heard either of those names for Mumford before but it's pretty funny!

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

Given that they haven't played live for three years is this not fair enough. Bruce hasn't stopped touring for example. 

I just wish U2 would tour more. They'd battle it out with the Boss for top spot.