Sign in to follow this  
febottini

U2 Rocker Adam Clayton Is Set To Tie The Knot With His Brazilian Girlfriend

The bachelor bassist will wed the beautiful brunette in front of his bandmates and other stars from the world of music in a private ceremony in the south of France.

More than 150 guests have been invited to the big day, which will see Adam finally settle down with the gorgeous art gallery director.

An insider revealed yesterday: “The wedding will be in mid-September but Adam and Mariana are keen to keep it as private as possible.

“The band members and their other halves will all be there, of course, and some big names from the music industry.

“They really just want a party for family and friends and want to keep it away from the glare of the media as much as possible.”

Adam, 53, proposed to former model Mariana earlier this year at the Carnival in Brazil, and the pair are believed to be keen on keeping details of their big day top secret.

The wedding is expected to take place at Eze Les Roses villa outside Nice, which is owned by bandmates Bono and The Edge.

Loved-up Adam and Mariana have been in a relationship for more than four years but rarely step out together at public events.

And Adam, who has been engaged twice before, will be hoping it’s a case of third time lucky.

He was famously engaged to supermodel Naomi Campbell for a few months in 1994 — but their relationship ended that same year. They met after Clayton was asked in an interview if there was anything in the world he desired but didn’t have, and he replied: “A date with Naomi Campbell.”

In 2006, he got engaged to Suzie Smith, a former assistant to band manger Paul McGuinness, but they split up in February 2007.

In 2009, Clayton admitted he was looking for love again. He said: “I’ve never necessarily chosen to be a bachelor.

“I’ve had girlfriends throughout the past 20 or 30 years. It’s just that there were times when I met people who fascinated me and times I didn’t.”

In June 2012, Clayton’s former personal assistant Carol Hawkins was convicted on 181 counts of theft from his bank accounts over a period of four years.

Oh congratulations Adam and Marianna, best wishes to your wedded future, it's a good time to settle now with the woman of your dreams  ;)