Sign in to follow this  
febottini

'a Thousand Times Goodnight' Will Be At Montreal Film Festival

Norwegian director Erik Poppe’s drama, A Thousand Times Good Night (Tusen ganger god natt), has been selected for the the 37th World Film Festival in Montreal between August 22-September 2, where it will have its world premiere in the main competition.

French actress Juliette Binoche, who won an Oscar for The English Patient (1997) and was nominated for Chocolat (2001), plays the lead as a famous war photographer, who is seriously wounded when following a suicide bomber in Kabul; when she returns home she is met by an ultimatum – job or family.

Danish actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau co-stars as her husband, with Irish actor Maria Doyle Kennedy, U2 drummer Larry Mullen Jr, and Norwegian actor Mads Ousdal. Scripted with Harald Rosenløw Eeg, A Thousand Times Good Night is inspired by Poppe’s own experiences as a war photographer in the 1980s.

Mainly shot in Dublin and Morocco, with detours to Kenya and Kabul, Norwegian producers Finn Gjerdrum and Stein B Kvae produced the film for Paradox in collaboration with Ireland’s Newgrange Pictures and Zentropa International Sweden on a €5.2 million (NOK 40 million) budget. Local distributor Euforia will release the film on October 18; Germany’s Global Screen handles international sales.

• Upvote 1

I love that Larry has done this.

I just won't put into words what writing, stories, & the actors & actresses who bring that writing to life mean to me personally. But it all means a lot. I realize that actors & actresses are far from the only people whose work is crucial to producing a film (or tv drama or theater), but they are the ones who breath life into the writer's words.