Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Eve Hewson Joins Soderbergh Series

Irish actress Eve Hewson is to star opposite Clive Owen in Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh's new, 10-part series for Cinemax, The Knick.

Deadline.com, which broke the news of Hewson's casting, says the series is set in New York's Knickerbocker Hospital in 1900 as staff strive to break new ground in medicine.

Hewson, the daughter of Bono and Ali Hewson, will play Lucy, described as "a young, naive nurse from the South" who comes to New York for adventure.

The cast also includes Michael Angarano, Andre Holland and Juliet Rylance, with Soderbergh directing all 10 episodes.

Production is due to begin in New York in late September.

• Upvote 1

Clive Owen is from my home town, he was quite the local hero when he got his first big break, I remember him making the front page of the local paper, have a soft spot for him, I went to school near where he lived...not that anyone's remotely interested in that I realise since it's Eve that's the story here! It's all me me me... :lol:  

Edited by Anjana