Sign in to follow this  
febottini

Join Adam Clayton And Stamp Out The Stigma This October

To coincide with World Mental Health Day which falls on October 10th, St. Patrick’s Mental Health Foundation are asking schools, companies, communities and individuals to get involved in ‘Walk in My Shoes’ and to highlight the importance of mental health while raising funds to provide mental health services for vulnerable young adults in Ireland, who otherwise could not afford them.

Choose a day that suits in October, wear your funky or mismatched shoes and donate just €2.

Tweet your pictures to @WIMS2013 or find us on Facebook @Walk in My Shoes

Share our ‘Walk in My Shoes’ free downloadable mental health information packs with friends, family and colleagues. They are available here:

http://www.walkinmyshoes.ie/support-information/ 

You can organise your involvement by signing up here: http://www.walkinmyshoes.ie/get-involved/ 

Though ‘Walk in My Shoes’, St. Patrick’s Mental Health Foundation can continue to fund mental health services for vulnerable young adults in Ireland, while enhancing our existing young adult services and upholding our unique information and support line.

St. Patrick’s Mental Health Services also offer a unique national information and support line, manned by mental health professionals who can listen, support and offer professional information to anyone, anywhere in Ireland. (01 249 3333)

To pledge your support ‘Walk in My Shoes’ or for further information on how your company, school or community can get involved, please contact Kate Moran in St. Patrick’s Mental Health Foundation on 01 249 3596 or email kmoran@stpatsmail.com 

• Upvote 1

Good deal! A very important & very, very worthy cause. :)

• Upvote 1

1185675_588456017865048_212060404_n.png

U2's Adam urges schools to back mental health campaign

U2 bassist Adam Clayton has written to secondary school principals asking them to support a mental health initiative.

He got married just over a month ago, but he still took time out of his busy schedule for the 'Walk in My Shoes' campaign, for which he is the ambassador.

It's a nationwide awareness and fundraising initiative of St Patrick's Mental Health Foundation which aims to change the lives of vulnerable young adults in Ireland by providing them with mental health services and support.

In his letter to school principals, Adam asked them to help him highlight the importance of mental health to young people in Ireland today.

He said: "I think we all have to care about anyone who is young and troubled; we have to be able to recognise the warning signs and try to respond to them not only with sympathy but with seriousness.

"This is one of the most important challenges facing us now."

He added: "The idea behind 'Walk In My Shoes' came from a 16-year-old boy attending St Patrick's Mental Health Services in Dublin who said he wished his friends could put themselves in his shoes and understand what he was going through.

He invited principals to get behind the initiative by asking staff and students to organise a Walk in My Shoes day, and to donate just €2 each.

The star said that the funds raised would provide mental health services to vulnerable young adults who otherwise could not afford them, and would provide a support and information telephone helpline manned by mental health professionals.

If you want more information: Walk In My Shoes

• Upvote 2