Sign in to follow this  
babyface82

The Edge In In The Sunday Times

Will try and get it for you and post here, my husband usually picks it up Sundays, will make big fluttery eyes at him to go out in the rain and get it lol!

He's at the shop now!! I added a bottom lip, it worked  ;)

• Upvote 1

In the middle of baking a cake so have quickly scanned it..hope it's just about legible!!

post-288574-0-95225800-1379256291_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Call it a team effort, you saw it, he bought it, I scanned it!! :D 

Wouldn't have known if you hadn't have mentioned it so thank you too!!

• Upvote 1

I've read it! How cant someone love this man?!?!  :wub:    

Sometimes I wonder if he's got any shortcoming or he's just perfect as I think!  :rolleyes:

Thank you Anjana for posting the full article, and thanks to your hubby too.  I saw the article posted somewhere else and was so disappointed I couldn't read the whole thing.  Ciara sounds like a great gal, and what can you say about Edge that hasn't been said before :)

That's a great article!  I just love The Edge....

She was at the BBC gig in 2009.  She came out after the studio performance and talked to some of us.  Really sweet girl.  It was kinda cute and funny.  She stood there talking to us for a while and got ready to go back in and the door was locked.  She had to call Edge on his mobile to get someone to let her back in.

She also used to post on here some.  Don't know if she is still around or not.

Edited by mich40

Thanks Anjana! That was something nice to read!! He's saying very important things here and it sounds so close, as he was a person you've known all your life.

It is sad she had to suffer all that as a child. He said that he admired her because she was very strong. I guess it was a strong desire to survive, that inexplicably appears when people is in trouble. Probably she found powerful reasons to carry on, because of the strong bond with her close family and friends. They went through that toguether. When there's a trouble, it's just your most loved ones who stay by your side. They are the people who will always be there, beyond all the difficulties. It is good to have friends to trust, the kind of people who have never made false promises. If not, better go away!

However, the sheer strenght and courage alone is not what gives results. Regarding to that, the work she has been doing in Mencap for quite a few years now has been amazing, paving the way for her.

Of course being different is possitive, is the world who needs a new mentality.

It is a useful tool to understand hierarchies in life. Sometimes you're at the top, others at the bottom. It's important to know which are your positions of strenght. Some people think they are always at the top, like some dumb politicians. But this is a lie, as everyone has weaknesses. And these people get a lot of bumps...

He's right, she defends herself well. Having a learning disability doesn't mean you cannot do it. It is so nice she got to share all that fun with Edge and his friends, they were so kind to her, and they loved it. That was OK!

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca

It's a lovely read. Credit to Babyface for mentioning it in here - I wouldn't have known otherwise.

It is a heartwarming article, I like what Edge says towards the end "to embrace your own failings and know that they are just as important as your strengths takes a certain wisdom and perspective". Lovely words from a sincere man.

She was at the BBC gig in 2009.  She came out after the studio performance and talked to some of us.  Really sweet girl.  It was kinda cute and funny.  She stood there talking to us for a while and got ready to go back in and the door was locked.  She had to call Edge on his mobile to get someone to let her back in.

Yep I remember that day! Who was there inside.....:P

Yep I remember that day! Who was there inside..... :P

Who met the Edge and got to see the rooftop gig..... :P

Yep I remember that day! Who was there inside..... :P

Who met the Edge and got to see the rooftop gig..... :P

who met Edge and stayed next door to him in a hotel all weekend... :P  :P

• Upvote 1

lovely message from Ciara:

https://twitter.com/ciaralawrence01/status/379921342276988928

Thank you to the lovely u2 fans who have said nice things about my Sunday Times Article

;)

awhhh wow that is really sweet, funny how you just kinda post stuff in here but you don't think anyone really notices outside of the zoo. How nice.  :wub:

lovely message from Ciara:

https://twitter.com/ciaralawrence01/status/379921342276988928

Thank you to the lovely u2 fans who have said nice things about my Sunday Times Article

;)

awhhh wow that is really sweet, funny how you just kinda post stuff in here but you don't think anyone really notices outside of the zoo. How nice.  :wub:

I agree. and it was great of her to mention it on her Twitter along with a thanks.