Sign in to follow this  
Anjana

Poll: Please Vote For Your Kind Of Album

What measure of U2 greatness do fans expect?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of album would you be happy with?

• Any album will do, I just want to hear some new music, it doesn't have to be great
    • I would prefer more regular albums, even if the songs are just good/mediocre and not great
    • I'm happy to wait a little while longer for a great album of songs but it better be really great at this rate!
    • I want it to be their greatest album to date, I expect nothing less, no matter how long it takes

Anjana    381

Bono says "very good is the enemy of great" and  U2's audience expect their new album to be "great"  

What do you think? cast your vote and let's see if he's right about the fans!  ;)

(PS. It is multiple choice so you can click more than one option if you want)

Edited by bigwave

mich40    71

I'll wait...I wouldn't say that I'm happy about waiting.  But I'll wait....as long as they are not just over-thinking it.

pain_18_    207

Now, we can hopefully state that No Line is this Era's Rattle and HUM..a transitional album to the Greater Pearl !

• Upvote 1

Janette B    221

Third option for me too . . . .  I'll wait (not that I have a choice anyway), but it better be worth it!!!

Zhivvy    590

I'll wait, sort of. Well I would have waited, but have waited long enough and now just want some music!

Frankaz    93

I hope not, Frankaz...I hope they learned something from OVER-thinking No line on the Horizon...

I'm not holding out... They're generally better at song-writing when under pressure. What I really want is the Rattle & Hum Remaster...

pain_18_    207

I hope not, Frankaz...I hope they learned something from OVER-thinking No line on the Horizon...

I'm not holding out... They're generally better at song-writing when under pressure. What I really want is the Rattle & Hum Remaster...

You are right you know but we can't predict what they might be conceiving...we'll decide how the song writing was when we hear it...and for that we have to wait (that's  the only thing we really DO know:that we have to wait).

I really want the album but I really want the Rattle-Remastered&DeLuxe too !

pain_18_    207

About the writing under the pressure..maybe they should have started to write when Bono was going crazy all over the media with his Irrelevancy speech...but then again, instead of confronting the pressure, he went to Africa and then on vacation ...

moanya    135

Now, we can hopefully state that No Line is this Era's Rattle and HUM..a transitional album to the Greater Pearl !

I'm sure of it!  ;)

• Upvote 1

richie459    11

NLOTH was a great album it was just marketed badly and had poor single choices plus it was overshadowed by the 360 tour which essentially became a Greatest Hits tour and took a completely different identity to that of the album it should have been promoting.

The 360 tour was stunning but it kind of took all the attention away from the fact they had made music which was a lot better than it ever got credit for.

Anjana    381

Thank you to those who participated in the vote, seems Bono maybe onto something, we do seem to want something great ;)