Sign in to follow this  
dennyjnr

Bono, U2 Write And Record New Song For “Mandela” Movie

Why are folk getting banned or posts missing purely because they've found out about the new song, it's public knowledge on the internet, you cannot keep things secret, it's the way of the world.

U2 have long supported freedom of speech, why can't folk just say what they want.

Sorry for posting this but it's all just a load of nonsense, this doesn't reflect the band that I've followed longer than most have been alive.

• Upvote 1

no ones getting banned dennyjnr, and mods are simply making use of the 'spoiler' feature (apologies of some posts getting temporarily hidden

Maybe as spoiler space of a sort.

what does that even mean? if it was a world wide exclusive why wait so long, it should be something celebrated!! 

no ones getting banned dennyjnr, and mods are simply making use of the 'spoiler' feature (apologies of some posts getting temporarily hidden

What's a spoiler feature and this was something that has been leaked and is all over the net, who is it going to spoil it for?????

Again, my band don't stand for this type of stuff

commonly used in forums, the spoiler gives folk to choose whether to read upcoming news / speculation, etc...

for info that would contain spoilers, please use the following code:

[ spoiler ] your post [ /spoiler ]

(without the spaces)

thanks...

• Upvote 1

Now you've spolit it Os :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I feel so bad for spoiling the BIG BIG news hahaha.

Did you listen to the 40 sec of the new song, anyways? I'm getting tired of Bono's forced high notes, sounds awful!!

basher can't seem to get in though?????

If he's banned for posting U2 stuff then this place is just a waste of fucking space.

• Upvote 2

Yep I was banned from posting news about u2 on a u2 website every time I tried to post anything I was met with the words " you have been restricted from posting in this community" a total disgrace and I would say against what u2 are supposed to stand against. This place is a total joke now full of bleeding heart do-gooders who probably can't tell the difference between The Joshua Tree and Pop and when people start getting censored when posting u2 news on u2's official website then its time for changes on here and I really do hope someone from here (and not a goody goody) gets a hold of someone from the band and tells them how bad this place has become

• Upvote 1

Yep I was banned from posting news about u2 on a u2 website every time I tried to post anything I was met with the words " you have been restricted from posting in this community" a total disgrace and I would say against what u2 are supposed to stand against. This place is a total joke now full of bleeding heart do-gooders who probably can't tell the difference between The Joshua Tree and Pop and when people start getting censored when posting u2 news on u2's official website then its time for changes on here and I really do hope someone from here (and not a goody goody) gets a hold of someone from the band and tells them how bad this place has become

Hear hear Basher! I don't think this mob are listening. So out of touch with the fans. Disgrace to the band!

Here's an idea! Have the whole song on the site for paying members to listen to and that would be something special for a change.

I always feel a bit harsh complaining at stuff, I mean their not just going to give stuff away but yeah for the membership fee a year you'd probably expect a lot better than this.

The "gifts" have been good recently (FTGU & U22) and the pre sale code is handy every 5 years when they tour but the rest of the content online is pretty dire.