Sign in to follow this  
joshthetree

'ordinary Love' Discussion Thread

Nice upgrade on the standard "lyric video" while being revealing of the problems with such (the rest of the band becomes seemingly invisible). Think it's quite good in general. Interesting to see the 10" cover with the flag, but the tie is still my favourite part of that image.

"Below the apes above the angels"

Ok, I have to admit that I was skeptical with the preview snippet.  I am pleasantly surprised.  The preview did not do it justice.  I'm with Mac, it reminds me of Electrical Storm and Saints Are Coming.  It's a very pretty song.

I am disappointed that Bono is the only member of the band in the video though. :(

It's ok. Not knocking my socks off yet. Sounds a bit weak on first listen.

Electrical Storm mixed with Saints intro...listening again with headphones this time...

Just what I was thinking - reminded me very much of Electrical Storm.  Maybe it will grow on me.

Electrical Storm was strong to me on first listen. Maybe this one will be a grower, but this is no re-invention to me. Maybe the album will speak different as this is only a song for a movie.

Ok, I have to admit that I was skeptical with the preview snippet.  I am pleasantly surprised.  The preview did not do it justice.  I'm with Mac, it reminds me of Electrical Storm and Saints Are Coming.  It's a very pretty song.

It is a pretty song.

Electrical Storm mixed with Saints intro...listening again with headphones this time...

Just what I was thinking - reminded me very much of Electrical Storm.  Maybe it will grow on me.

Electrical Storm was strong to me on first listen. Maybe this one will be a grower, but this is no re-invention to me. Maybe the album will speak different as this is only a song for a movie.

That's what I'm thinking.  With the exception of Until the End of the World, their movie songs are not their strongest.

This song is pure perfection! The melody touches you, the lyrics are deep and the video is flawless. I'm speechless. It brought me to tears.

i really liked it. sounds great and a great job of danger mouse. it sounds like u2 meets broken bells. great video also

Exactly what I thought when I listened to the song a second time. Reminded me of Ghost Inside a bit (put on the video so you can hear for yourself; besides to compare, it's a good excuse to watch a video with Christina Hendricks in it, ha ha)

• Upvote 1

Did Dangermouse produce this? I don't recall seeing it anywhere? Infact I can't find who the producer is.

Good to hear some new music, look forward to hear it in it's entirety.  Is that the song Chris Martin contributed to?  Sounds a little Coldplay-esque.  Like it though.  Happy :D

(mod edit - opened this as new topic to discuss the song / snippet / trailer - BW)

Agree, I thought it has to be Coldplay after few first notes :) But I´m okay with the song.

Like that "fear" vs. "love" bit with love getting overwritten by "magic." Relevant or not that elevator is going to take some time to piece together as well.

Be informed...

@RTE2fmRTÉ
"U2 WORLD EXCLUSIVE. First new music from U2 in over 4 years tonight on @Davefanningshow on @RTE2fm at 8pm #2fmU2"

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/ ... click on LISTEN LIVE

in about around +- 15 min...

• Upvote 1

I'd say it's between Electrical Storm and Wave of Sorrow.

I think it's pretty good.

Thanks Max.

Really like that shift in transience in the video - pen to pencil to chalk, "but time..." gets the polished marble.

Nice stuff.

It's definitely a grower after a few listens. Musically It's not typically U2, which may or may not signify what direction they are heading, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out.

Soundtrack or not, it's nice to know they can get some music together.

Yes, I think the correct fight is between Love and Fear not Love and Hate, actually it's the big fat fear VS the rest of the sentiments, because when you are afraid, there's nothing else, I'm not a fear-enthusiast but it's very interesting how fear lasts so long and is so intense, besides you can identify it very quickly; that's why fear is accessible to everyone, love is not (I might state the opposite of what Mandela says here Love comes more natural to the human heart, I'd say fear comes more natural to any creature's heart...).

Love is something precious and rare, that's why it's so special...that's my take on 'love'.

Edited by pain_18_